Amazon selling

>Find a product on Amazon that sells well, but usually doesn't have a lot of reviews so it's relatively easy to compete
>Order 200 pieces of such product from China with own design and brandlogo for $9 each
>Sell on amazon for $25
>?
>Profit

Does this sound like a good plan? I'm about to pour in 1,8k

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2016/07/08/amazons-chinese-counterfeit-problem-is-getting-worse.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know someone who makes like 150 K yearly . It depends on your time and effort and a bit of luck

any easy way to do step 1?

Are you saying the china brand is its own different logo to avoid copyright?

Wouldnt people just not buy the obvious blatent shitty knockoff?

>200 units

reviews>everything for most people on amazon and reviews can be bought or faked cheaply

Download unicorn smasher. It's a google chrome plugin. You browse random products that you come up with. Then it tells you the sales for the top products and the amount of reviews. Find a product that sells well with an average of

Yeah I have to test first

use those units, or at least a portion of them to raise awareness. give them away or at a discount for the guarantee of a review. there are lots of services that offer this.

are you doing your own fulfillment, or using amazon?

buddy why dont you test with say 20 units? you're overestimating amazon, you will still need to advertise your product to compete with the others. no one likes buying something with no reviews anymore, you might need to buy some fake reviews as well.

Don't know if you can still do this.

You find an item that has free shipping if you have prime. Say it's $10 plus $4 for shipping, but if you have prime shipping is free. It's listed as $14 in the results. You list yours for $12 with free shipping for everyone so you appear cheaper to customers. When you get an order, you order from the $14 item through prime, so the item costs you $10 shipped and you profit $2. You ship it directly to the customer.

mind = blown, feels like i'm discovering jackdurden.com all over again

9 dollars of product.
6 dollars of amazon fees.
9 dollars of shipping from china.
2 dollars of duties/broker fees.
9 dollars of shipping to your costumer.
6 hours taking photos, using photoshop templates, looking for keywords.

there it goes you own amazon 10 bucks.
meanwhile a chink can ship from china and pay 3 dollars. give it 15 dollars cheaper and it arrived just three days later. THANKS FUCKING OBAMA.

lol'd

Lots of logistics involved and unless you do it in bulk, your margins are going to be tiny.

Just learn how to dance and then rent yourself out to older woman who love to dance but have no one to dance with; that's what Mark Cuban did.

this guy knows what's up

"Third world country assistance" my ass

Good luck bypassing all the patent trolls.

After you buy from China where is it transferred to? I've always thought about e-commerce but that part puzzles me. It's not like I have a warehouse or anything.

Depends on what you're buying. Something like 200 hats wouldn't take up a whole lot of room. 200 computer monitors though, that's different.

ur mums vag

>It's not like I have a warehouse or anything.

But Amazon does...

>After you buy from China where is it transferred to?

low quantities you can ship them to your house.
big quantities you ship to a prep center. they do all the packaging, some quality control, put the labels for FBA and ship to amazon (not free of course).

you just sit in front of your pc and see how they eat your margins. dont forget you have to pay amazon for FBA, prime, monthly subscription, delivery and storage fees.
if you are lucky you can make 10 cents per item "you" sold.

>Order 200 pieces of such product from China with own design and brandlogo for $9 each
>>Sell on amazon for $25

cnbc.com/2016/07/08/amazons-chinese-counterfeit-problem-is-getting-worse.html

Amazon is doing everything it can to encourage factory direct from China, including helping them air ship straight to FBA. You build up your page and get good rankings, Chinese sellers will counterfeit your brand and sell it on the same page for $5 less -- taking your buy box and customers. Good luck getting them off, for every test buy and complaint you make another 100 will jump on your listing.

This can be a huge problem in many categories. I sell my own brands of beauty products on Amazon and don't have too much trouble with Chinese because it is a gated category. But in many of the open categories it is very hard to protect your page from Chinese even if you have a brand. Amazon won't proactively protect brands, so it can be hard work.

That's something to think about. I really recommend taking the time to develop a real brand, not some stupid phony private label. That means having a well-designed website, a brand focus/story and building out properties outside of Amazon. Amazon is going to shit right now, and being a follower buying heaps of "unbiased" reviews and running PPC is a fool's game.

Walmart's online store will be the next big thing, because they are going to allow small brands to sell there but also act to block counterfeiters at the account set-up stage (which Amazon will not do). Don't focus too much on Amazon, use it as a payment processor and FBA as fulfillment, but keep your eye on the big picture.

All of the brokers on Alibaba are middle-men agencies that jack up the rates. You'd have to go to China tradeshows, tour factories, work out the deals there.

MOQ is negotiable. I've negotiated MOQ down to units of 50 or less.

AliExpress might be more worthwhile to make a small test order.

The problem with trinkets is that people expect the lowest price for them, not giving a shit about backend fees. You're competing with established powerhouse shops that already have fulfilment systems in place and can make up their margins in volume.

Shipping rewards volume purchases with lower fees on both wholesale transaction and fuel/handling.

So if you're smalltime, you're fucked. Super fucked.

- Find one product.
- Learn what a SKU is
- Maybe look into pre-order
- Find something with low weight / volume.
- Markup could be made on the extras you throw on top , any sort of customization.
- Factories will ship you free shit if you promise to buy a larger order, but also get dicked around by small buyers so might want you to do a test order paid via "Western Union".
- Good way to get fucked = do wholesaler transactions via WU.

I made zero profit in ecommerce but in terms of learning got a good education from the University of Hard Knocks.

I'd look into investing in more education before even doing this stuff again.

It is too easy to lose your money.

Sadly enough, WalMart won't be able to compete because of their ridiculous requirements to become a vendor. Their margins also screw over small sellers. What the online avenue is really doing is allowing WalMart to have more vendors they can eventually offer to bring into the stores, a sort of vendor incubator if you will. Then they will be able to shape and grow them into a subsidiary of the company without any actual capital being put in. You go and take that poison pill and you will never escape.

>ridiculous requirements to become a vendor Their margins also screw over small sellers
Supposedly this is changing. It is invite-only for now, but eventually Walmart wants to compete directly with Amazon's model of 3rd party sellers online, not vendors -- just with better verifying of their business details, which is only a problem for lame "private labels" with no value. Neither are as good as sales through your own store where you're controlling the data, but Walmart is big enough to make Amazon have to up their game as a marketplace and provide better protection to sellers if they do this right.

>I made zero profit in ecommerce but in terms of learning got a good education from the University of Hard Knocks.
This, a thousand times, this.

The verdict's still out on my business - I still have alot of unsold inventory that could tip the scale one way or the other when it's finally sold - but I agree it was one hell of a crash course.

1/3 1/3 1/3
1/3 on amazon fees. 1/3 on rebuying stock 1/3 on actual profit ( you should be reinvesting the profit back)
you have to factor in your shipping costs and marketing costs as well.

can't do free shipping on individual listings. it's not ebay.

you think a supplier will private label your product for a min. order quantity of 20.

I had to order 1k units for my first run.