I have an idea for an app that looks like tinder

Nothing to do with dating though.
Should i let an indian developper do it for me or let an overpriced westerner do it ?
I'm pretty sure that pajeet knows more than any of you.
How much will it cost to make a "swiping app" ?

Bump for interest.

even though this is on the 1st page, bumping for interest.

Bump

Self bump

biz is a dead shill board, if you arent shilling a coin you arent getting quality replies , just hire the indain dude and report back if it woked

I'll do it for tree fiddy

It's it hard to do on your own? It would be a learning experience, and you would have full control over it

Is your time is worth less than pajeet's?

Quality or cost?
Is it going to be actively maintained?

If you go pajeet and you only hire him to one off there is a good chance he will write you undocumented buggy spaghetti code that will be a pain to dissect even by pajeets in the future, although it is much much cheaper than a quality western developer.

>I'm pretty sure that pajeet knows more than any of you.
kek i'm pretty sure you are retarded then

please do not waste the time of a westerner developper. you have all shitty client traits. have fun dealing with pajeet ;)

The essential UI functionality of a "swiping app" is very easy to make and can be done in a day. It's the back end that you have to worry about. What content are you serving to your users? Do they need accounts to use the app? What user data do you need to store?

most important question is not these, but what reliability you want to offer and what hit-count on the servers do you anticipate max and average.

because a home pc with mysql and a 1tb hdd with daily backups can do the job if you have like 10 users and data is not a disaster to lose.

but infrastructure gets exponentially more expensive as you scale it up.

Just do it yourself. If it's anything like tinder, should be easy peezy lemon squeezy. Plus you're still going to have to maintain it.

>Pajeet
Something not done right the first time might need to be done 5 times. And like I said, it can be a learning experience

But how do i do it ?
I have ideas but 0 experience.

It's like if i wanted to visit another county and you told me to make the plane myself. I can buy a ticket and i know where i want to go but i don't have the knowledge to build my own plane

Where/how can i learn it ? How long will it take ?

He's already decided the qualified programmer is overpriced. Let him wade through the river of shit Pajeet will produce.

I can shed some light on this.

If you want to learn how to make your app, you'll need to know at least one language (Android uses Java and iOS uses Objective C by default, but there are some languages (like Ruby) which can be compiled into something that works on both OSes). That can technically cover the front end, but you may also need to know something like XML (which Android uses for layouts - I don't know what iOS uses).

You'll need to understand a data format like JSON to transfer data from the server to the app through a RESTful API - to make the server work, you'll need to understand how databases work and learn a server-side language (like PHP or JavaScript with Node.js).

It's not an impossible project if you're willing to dedicate the time to learning (and you can use the skills you gain later on for future apps). If you want to hire a pajeet to code it, feel free - just remember that you get what you pay for.

t. web and app developer

I'll do it for very cheap if you give me a few months to learn programming first

Thank you for your advices. Let's say i'm going to make my app available for both Android and iPhone. How much time will i invest in ?

I'd have a westerner do it. It's worth having them do it right and worth having them not steal the idea.

Make him sign an NDA or something that says he can't steal the idea.

Get the right software, learn how to code on Google and Youtube. Start simple and practice. It will take you longer than just hiring someone though so you need to weigh that out for yourself.

Depends how fast you can learn and work. If you're entirely new to programming, I'm guessing it'd take at least six months before you're competent enough at it to work at a decent clip, but if you're learning by working on this project, you'll make a solid amount of progress in those six months (granted, you'll probably have to go back and redo a chunk of it later on). Once you've learned one language (Java, for example) it'll be much easier to learn the second one (Objective C and/or a server-side language).

You might also want to look into using something like RubyMotion (you'd only have to learn Ruby and you could use it on both platforms) or Unity (it's technically a game engine, but you could make a multiplatform app fairly easily with it). It might save you time.

I would also recommend not starting immediately on not!Tinder. Choose a language and go through small tutorial projects, then start thinking about how you can apply what you're learning to the app.

Alternatively, you can do this if you want to get it out there more quickly. If you either decide to hire someone or just need guidance, feel free to drop a throwaway email that I can contact you at.

>Should i let an indian developper do it for me or let an overpriced westerner do it ?

I have dealt with this a lot.

You get what you pay for.

The actual cost of implementing your idea decently is way, way more than you probably think it is.

You're already doomed to failure. Someone who would ask "Should i let an indian developper do it for me or let an overpriced westerner do it ?" is not going to have a successful app.

The people who can do a good job on your app you probably can't even hire. You'll call them up and if you're not a company with over 50 employees they won't even want to talk to you. Because you have no money but will hassle them all the time.

Pajeet is weak. Get some philipinos.

Just hire some neets from g and pay them in anime and pocky