Just watched this. It was awesome

Just watched this. It was awesome.
How do I gain the ability to see what nobody else does? How doI get into complicated business lingo with using up all my money

You have to be 18 to post here

no matter what financial sector you're in, this shit goes on.
take the panama papers for example. everyone knew this shit was going on.
find a sector. learn it, and eventually you'll find it

Try r9k

Try /R9k/

Why /r9k/
I'm not even complaining about not having a gf

try /r9k/

Have you thought about trying /r9k/

>How doI get into complicated business lingo with using up all my money

Read..
Or try r9k

be an aspie

not even kidding, the real Michael Burry thinks he has aspergers.

so you're just better off going to /r9k/

I'm so sick and tired of everyone commending this shit film.

Lewis wrote one good book and went anti wall street for the dollars it brought in, and the fact that it attracts faggots like you OP Is even worse.

You have to go back.

Nah, movie was really entertaining, and Lewis has written a few great books other than The Big Short, like Flash Boys and Liar's Poker.

If you're 12. Liars poker is worlds better than this shit show.

The anti-wallstreet thing did seem kind of jarring in the film, especially after showing that the underlying problem was poor people and immigrants making dumb decisions about loans hoping a bubble would last forever

>especially after showing that the underlying problem was poor people and immigrants
you have to get out of Veeky Forums if you didn't understand what caused the 2008 financial crisis

the crash was caused by a combination of mismanaged capital flow and poor decision making from housebuyers, sure, but the reason the crash was so large and so fast was because of hyper liquidity from CDOs and derivatives

If it was just the housebuyers, Lehman Brothers wouldn't have gone under in a day

This, its difficult the blame poor people when you see how CDO's were set up.It was caused by greed at a executive level

I don't see how we can't institute student loan ABSs and just crash this country again with no survivors except this time we emerge from the rubble with no loan debt.

tfw when I realize this is actually good advice

your trips confirm

The mismanagement of capital occurred because of the easy access to loans by people who would default.

If the Government never guaranteed the backing of those loans then we would have never had this issue. Giving government sponsorship for agencies like this is just bound to go bad.

Wallstreet just did what it does best, exploit grey lines in the system for profit.

Lehman collapsed because of poor risk management by the firm itself, and poor discount window policies by the Fed.

It's all about acquiring information. If you know something, you know it. There is a range of knowledge on any given subject. Those who are confident, know a lot, but don't see any value in going further. That's where you see the things that no one else does. You just keep going. Autism level 9000 concentration and interest in a given topic/sector/trend.

Oh shit
Is this guy onto something

I BUY SWAPS FOR 10 MILLION

Jut look. They literally say it in the movie. When Michael burry found it he just went through it. If you see something you see it, if you don't you don't. Also I loved this movie. And I got the idea for a pension backed security. Same as the mbs, but you buy a bond where the money goes into a state pension, like teachers or firefighters or whatever. Than after about 10-20 years you collect on that bond and since government workers are forced to pay into there pension, the pension will always rise. On top of that you can probably get it tax exempt since most states are having pension problems. The only thing that I can't figure out is what the rate of Interest would be and expected return. Give me 2 years and you will see the popularity of my pension bonds rise

Because people already need student loan forgiveness, plus you would need millions of loans per bundle. Also the student loan rates are already high, it would be almost impossible to profit off of them

Professionally speaking, I would venture into ticker symbol (S&P 500): [spoiler]R9K[/spoiler]

This. I know fucked up things no notice would ever be able to discover.

Margot Robbie is so hot

Asset-backed securities that incorporate pensions have been a thing since the 90's.

It's called Austrian Economics and you need to disavow everything you learned in macroeconomics to wrap your head around it, but once you do it is the ultimate redpill.

If you mean treasury bonds this is a whole new thing

buy monero

ask questions

poke around at discrepancies

know who the liars and cheats of society are and judge their actions accordingly

it took the footwork of looking at spreadsheets at the end of the day. you aren't going to find it neatly packed in the WSJ

What the fuck are you saying? That guy is suggesting that people buy into a fixed stream of cash flows that pays out to state employees but also pays out to the investors of said stream of cash flows similar to a zero coupon bond. That, however, would require a constantly increasing number of buyers of the proposed "Pension-fund ABS" in an extreme excess of the number of employees drawing from the pension. Otherwise you'd end up with a negative interest rate due to the investment selling at a premium of the net asset value of the future stream of cash flows. Learn to finance.

And don't you even fucking dare suggest carving up the future stream of cash flows from the "Pension-fund ABS" into tranches with varying levels of risk.