Will someone that's a total loser at 20 years old ever see 100 million?

I'm the loser, if that was too hard to guess.

I can spend all day talking about how I should have started drawing/writing/programming earlier. I've spent at least a year doing that without actually starting.

But sob story aside, are there any wealthy people that - lottery winners aside -- literally were total plebs by their 2nd decade of life?

I think you're asking the wrong question. How do you define success? If getting $100m is your definition of success you're gonna have to come up with a plan. Maybe you could aim for something easier, like own your own home and have a loving family. Could make you just as happy.

If you had $100m, what would you do with it? How would it help you change the world for the better? You need to figure out how you're gonna contribute to the world, and whether you need $100m to make that contribution.

Perhaps this is a result of my overconsumption of fiction writing and media, but I sort of view each person as a story. I would really like to help facilitate the development of stories far more interesting than my own.

I would like to branch into two distinct markets if possible: Children's entertainment and biomedical technology.

I know, odd things. I just remember being a generally lonesome lad that spent a lot of time socializing online on places like Neopets and the lot as a kid. It would be nice to foster the growth of communities like those. Perhaps the internet has changed too much for such nostalgic formats to rise again. I don't mind adapting that.

And I don't mean I wish to plot out people's lives like some sort of evil mastermind; I'd just like to create environments that allow people to do memorable, enjoyable things, even if it's nothing more than keeping company through servers across the world.

My only issue with this is that I cannot think of any means to fund it even if I gained the technical ability. I do not want to advertise on such a place, as it both ruins immersion and cheapens the experience. I also don't want to sell off user data for anything.

As for biomedical technology, I'm fascinated by advanced prostheses. I'm a bit disappointed, buy ultimately aware that I won't see a Ghost in the Shell future, at least not in my lifetime. That's fine. I would still like to somehow find myself on the bleeding edge of developments regarding our understanding and augmentation of the human body.

Neither of these are things I can see accomplishing without a considerable sum of money. In both ventures, it won't take long to encounter individuals far more intelligent than myself. I would like the ability to employ them to help me accomplish these dreams.

dude, you're a dreamer and you like talking about yourself. how about instead of talking you just start building momentum. like doing stuff you always wanted to do, no matter if you suck at it. start with small stuff and work yourself up. go work out or something. and then within the next 3 years you'll realise that you can do almost everything you set your mind on ...

>I just remember being a generally lonesome lad that spent a lot of time socializing online on places like Neopets and the lot as a kid
>socializing online
>Neopets
>goes on to talk about biomedical research
>Ghost in the shell
son, lad, you spend too much damn time on the internet kid

No friends + desktop = it's been my life, more or less. One bad experience with a babysitter and I could have been an AU Chris-chan, perhaps.

Solid advice.

You need to accept yourself first. Non of the Forbes top 100 have low self esteem.
And why the hell you need 100M?
You can be a filthy rich by living on one tenth of this amount

I'm not much concerned about my lifestyle. Even 50k a year would be sufficient enough for that.

100m is a net worth, I suppose. Business assets and the like.

The only and obvious way is to have a decent position (21 BTC or more) in Bitcoin once the unevitable change of hands happens. But since most people are low-IQ short sighted, normalcy-bias victim cancerous faggots, they will not get in no matter how many times they miss the boat.
Guess not everyone can make it (which is precisely why few will be very rich).

>Implying I have $15,000 in disposable income on hand.

It will cost me nearly triple that to finish my mathematics degree, should I finish college.

>mathematics degree
Mfw

I don't know what that face is supposed to mean.

Depends. Do you need to graduate college? If not, then no.

>Will someone that's a total loser at 20 years old ever see 100 million?
I don't know about $100 million, but it's definitely possible to go from zero to millions.
Like the other user said, you don't need $100 million. I've got a fraction of that and it's more than enough.

How would one even go about doing anything of the sort?

Degrees and job titles don't mean shit if you're hoping to run into this kind of money.

Transplant doctors, who spend at least 12 years studying, barely clear $200k on average.

If you want this money, you need to have a lot of fresh and marketable ideas-- not only that, you need to have the work ethic to see them through.

Yes Let me tell you a story about myself

>be loser going to community college and working at Costco
>transfer to state school and study accounting
>hate it, do shitty
>decide I need to make a change
>apply to all sorts of start up internships
>get one on the other side of country
>say fuck it and move there
>spend a year working my ass off
>get mentored by founders
>help me apply to a much better uni
>get accepted
>continue to mentor me etc

Its not earth shattering but I'm a lot better off than I would have been. I did get lucky but I also worked hard to try and find something. I got rejected by so many other places and it was horrible, but you just got to keep going man. I remember crying on the train home when I was rejected by Charles Schwab on third interview

Just have faith OP. It took me three years of work to finally make a change plus I got lucky. Please just keep working man and you'll have a break

>implying many great innovators weren't inquisitive isolated children at one point

literally read a book

you do, he talks. that's the difference.

You probably cant get 100 million in your lifetime, but you can set up your son to get it.

Unless you go batshit insane in investing and win consistently and reinvest again and again.

Otherwise, focus on your first million.

>go about
It's not really like you need to specially "go about" it in order for it to happen. The ways are countless; excellence in your field, great social contacts, luck, etc.
Doesn't usually happen overnight, although sometimes, it does.

How does one do? I try, but always get discouraged and burn out unless I'm living away from my parents, which I haven't managed to be able to afford.

>can't read facial expressions
>studies math
autist confirmed

Could you at least give me a courtesy explanation?

aww, c'mon dude, I'm just messing with you.
He just showed you a 'bert stare'

Also math is cool and can be applied to a lot of freaky stuff, like that one dude who wrote an algorithm for analysing seismic data from oil pipelines and then used it to invent auto tune.

Ah. What's so wrong about a mathematics degree?

Part of getting a degree was to find a job that allowed at least some acquisition of starting funds.

>how could you help chage the world for the better
pffffffttt spotted the hippy

It's alright dude, you are only 20, you still have plenty of time

Like said, you gotta build momentum. Start reading up and getting to know different stuff. Since you're interested in advanced protheses, reading about the industry would be a great place to start. And try to become more social: you wouldn't believe the number of opportunities you come across if you have both an open mind and people skills

As for your diploma in mathematics, how long do you have to go? I think you shouldn't quit, this stuff is gonna open a lot of doors for you and you could potentially go into a more specialized diploma once you decide on what you really want to do

Two years left for the degree, just about. Perhaps 2.5 (A summer semester). I started college at 17, but have had to sit out two years from not being able to afford it and having my financial aid messed up do to meddling from my parents.

Bump, just got back from admissions.

The vast majority of millionaires become millionaires after their 40s.

It's the media that makes it seem like everyone apart from you is some kind of Zuckerberg.

Most people won't become rich ever, especially not in their 20s.

Believe in yourself

If only.

Perhaps so, though I'd suppose the younger the better.

The first sentence was retarded, but not as horrifying as
>I would like to branch into two distinct markets if possible: Children's entertainment and biomedical technology.
I stopped reading right there. 14-year-old OP confirmed.

OP is autistic. Leave him alone.

OP, you need to talk with a psychologist. And a good one, not a dirty piece of shit. And not because you are crazy, but because you are legitimately autistic. You can do a lot but you need to find ways to work around your disposition and turn it to your advantage. There are not easy solutions. But it is internal change which will do this.

Sort of like Caliborn, but with financial success being the prize and not ultimate power? Got it.

You probably won't make it to 100million, maybe one million by age 30, the easiest way is Real Estate

If you are only worth 100 mil, you're not living in that palace. That's a palace for Billionaires.

I know, I just needed an image.

Yes, and not one of them spends near as much time talking about themselves as you do

Damn, that's deep. Not in the secrets of the universe way but in the motivational poster kind of way.

Just a piece of advice.

If you want to make millions It is more important 'who you know' than 'what you know'

Read some Dale Carnegie before you do anything else

You can become a success and next to any age, do you understand how young 20 is? You will literally be working for the next 45+ years, Do you think you will might manage to squeeze in becoming successful in 45 years?

How to win friends and influence people?

Depends.

Martin Shkreli was a total autistic loser with only about $100 in his account not even a decade ago.

You need to be willing to change and find the motivation. There's a reason not everyone is rich.

Not OP but fuck man, you just gave me so much hope. My life looks bleak atm. I need to focus on continuing to look for work, and not lose hope.

You can change "who you know" by changing "what you know". People are drawn to those who carry knowledge, and use. Pick something, be fucking smart at it, and you'll succeed eventually.

Yep. People sometimes hate on it here, but if talking about yourself and having no luck in contacts/networking are your problems, it should be your bible

No you will never make any money if you are hesitant to even BEGIN trying.

I had a website when i was 13, hosted a cgi proxy on it. Was too cheap to invest in a domain name, used it at school to bypass restricted sites. This other guy in the UK hosted the exact same thing, called it hidemyass, WORTH OVER ((OMITTED CUZ SYSTEM THINKS IT IS SPAM)) now.

That is how pure laziness gets you.

That's neat to read about.

Any other recommended reading? I know all the reading in the world won't fix my work ethic, though. I need to be constructive without a template. I might actually get antidepressants soon but I feel like that isn't the "real" me, so to speak.

Start with that one then come back to us. Also print it out and read it on paper so you can make notes

Gotcha. Also, is there anything you'd recommend for depression if someone is diagnosed with it/dysthymia?

They probably all have a very good work ethic in common. So that's more than 97% of the population.

How does on develop An iron work ethic? I feel I used to have one as a kid.

Should I print a free PDF or buy it? I don't have my own printer, and I don't know how much it would cost to print off an entire book at the library. I can get free shipping with $25 of books, and it costs about that much to get both that book and 48 Laws of Power.

Yeah but you're not going to like it: an hour of rigorous exercise DAILY - just get the blood moving (I like cycling around town aimlessly and playing squash).

Also, all screens off by 9, bed by 10, up and doing stuff (doesn't matter what - preferably not looking at a screen) by 7 am.

Side effect of this is that you're ready for when you want to hold down a job.

Seriously, doctors should prescribe exercise and good sleep way more often! It's hard, but promise me you'll try it

This also applies to you - all the above is a good start, and you probably had it all as a kid

Buy it. If you read it, you'll read it again. Forget Amazon though, there must be a second hand book shop somewhere nearby? Guarantee there's a pile of it in there (it's one of the best selling books of all time)

I believe there's one in town, if it hasn't gone out of business yet. I'll look there tomorrow.

Maybe. See j.k. rowling

Buy ethereum

Goddamn OP you sound autistic and desperate as fuck

Read , he drops the truth bomb

maybe... but not very likely

also that is a Rothschild mansion that they've since donated to the national trust... you'll need more than 100 million for something like that - at least in the UK

try Slovakia if you want a budget castle/palace/mansion

OP

Bought HTWF&IP and 48 Laws of Power.

I've just been informed there is a plot of land of indeterminate size within my family's ownership. The pure lumber was sold off for $5,000. Any idea what the possible size could be?

I've heard this for a while, though I've since locked myself out of my wallet for it.

Stop talking and stop thinking, start doing. I can relate to your struggle.

Warren Buffett was in his 50s when he first became a billionaire

Now you have to read it. Veeky Forums could never help you

I did not know that.

As an example, Duncan Bannatyne started with an ice cream van when he was 30. Before that he worked bar jobs and in a bread factory.

Start small, reinvest profits and focus on growing.

its not too late user. My net worth was 500$ when i was 25
Only started taking money seriously when i hit 29

It is really never too late to change for the better.

Admissions/financial aid are being unresponsive, so I'm still in the air between three universities.

Yeah! Now you uave $600

Coincidentally, I'm worth about the same right now. Taxes stink; out of a $500 check in a state with no income tax of its own, I still lose $200 to SS/federal taxes.