Productivity

is 2 monitors a meme?

I'd say in most case no. It's nice to have them even if you're doing nothing more than watching videos on one and playing games/reading something on the other.

Of course if you're daytrading or something then a second monitor becomes much more useful.

i have 2 monitors at work, but would love 3
makes my work much easier, but i like/have to multitask, so i have 13123132145 windows open

I use 3.

Left = Stock Charts
Right = Skype / Slack / Music
Center = Everything else

Two monitors is a minimum requirement to get any real work done.

I have a wide screen LG 29'' monitor at work and I like it much more than two monitors. I find its easier for my eyes to move between projects. That being said, Two monitors are great too. One is meh but doable and just using a laptop screen is basically fucking useless.

anything over 3 monitors is pure meme. 3 is pushing it to a degree though, you can work pretty efficiently doing most things on 2 monitors.

its really not. at $72/hr charge rate, if i save two hours between clicking and reading different pdfs/reports over a whole year, its worth it.

two screens is worth more than the sum of its parts.

totally useless
maybe it was good in the days of 4:3

i have 3 24in monitors. it is very useful when you do more than one thing

I thought it was a meme until I tried it. My life was changed forever.

Not at all memery. I would say it assists with nearly every business related task I have to do.

I'm a technician/programmer for a temperature controls and building automation firm, and the sheer number of windows we have to keep up is ridiculous. I probably saved half an hour and many bouts of frustration last week by getting a second monitor from IT.

this. admittedly, i previously thought "meh, im good with what i have, i dont need two screens like some people."

then i needed it.

can you take this faggot shit to rk9

thanks

It took a few days to get used to two monitors. After that it was great, and it would be hard to go to one monitor. I usually need two screens to compare and edit documents. Three would be interesting, though I doubt my work would buy me another monitor. Instead I will try a standing desk system since that is the new trend, and my company is purchasing them.

can you kill yourself

thanks

In operations, it made drag and drop a million times more useful. But back when I was a developer, not so much.

I have 2, really makes writing papers hell of a lot easier. 3 for everything other than day trading is a meme.

>is 2 monitors a meme?
Naah, having 5 or 6 is probably a meme. 3 is a good number

3 or 4 to properly grind the micros.

got 3. seriously considering 4. i need an absurd amount of horizontal span for some of the data i look at.

I have 4 at work....probably only need 3, but it allows me to have my email up at all times or a web search.

EE here.

Dual monitors is love. Dual monitors is life. A big 4k is like having quad monitor for some types of tasks.

>MFW I upgraded to two 4k monitors two weeks ago.

I should have done this two years ago. I can actually just zoom out on electrical diagrams and see everything. It's honestly fucking magical having this much real estate to work with. I'm working on a mount to suspend my old 1080p ones above them for some stuff because I can. Even if I only leave some stuff up there and ignore them 90% of the time why not.