Guys should i buy a fake rolex? its $85 on alphabay but retails for $45,000...

guys should i buy a fake rolex? its $85 on alphabay but retails for $45,000, i think at minimum it would increase my status and if not i could maybe sell it on craigslist

not to mention it would go well with my Gucci belt

Why not just buy it then sell it for more?

>i think at minimum it would increase my status
Nah, everybody knows its fake.

No one with a brain buys a rolex from a black person.

Just buy a homage or you know, a cheaper but elegant watch.

If your goal is to blend in with people at work or social events who can afford that watch, they'll lower their opinion of you. If you're trying to use it to impress chicks and say "this is a 45000 Rolex", you better have a decent cash supply to back it up or they'll be able to tell you're full of shit and poor.m

>it would increase my status

Nope

99% of people can't tell the difference between higher and lower end watch models. All they know is the "Rolex" name and the "Breitling" name to a much lesser extent.

The few people that do know the value of the watch are not gonna buy it when your pleb ass rolls up in your mall clothes and shitty car while wearing a 45k watch.

alphabay is a scam site, don't be stupid

>i think at minimum it would increase my status
Pleb

Homer watches? I can get you a discount with him if you'r truly interested in buying.

Where would i buy fakes

I'm interested
[email protected]

Just sent you an email. Are you OP?

Two possible scenarios

>Them "Oh is that a Rolex?"
>You "Yeah!"
>Them "Why does it have (distinctive indicator of fake(they're more obvious than you think))

Or

>Them "Oh, is that a Rolex?"
>You "Nah, it's actually a fake"
>Them "....okay...?"

How do you imagine it will play out?

Just to follow up, the only people who would notice and be impressed by a Rolex are going to immediately notice a fake at that cost.

The only convincing Rolex fakes are custom made and start at about $900 anyway.

Just buy a nice homage from Seiko, Invicta for

Dont get get discouraged by haters buddy, when i got my fake Rolex everybody at our Cutco meeting was super impressed by it. It really was one of the best investments i've ever made.

Stupid. Nuff said.

Cherrypicking: the post

People who know watches will immediately see it's a fake. Very good fakes exist, but they're worth almost as much as a genuine (used) Rolex.

Also, if you look like a poor guy, your Rolex (even genuine) will not give you status. It will make you look like you have a spending problem.

as someone who owns & collects real luxury watches, I can tell you from experience that it is VERY easy to tell the difference between a real watch and a fake one, even just from glancing at it for a split second.

It doesn't "increase your status", it's just terribly cringey, and makes you come across as a poser. I've met lots of very rich and successful people who all live very humbly, and honestly at times when meeting them, I've felt like a bit of a faggot for wearing expensive designer clothing, etc. while they're just in $20 walmart clothes.

What kind of fag wears a watch in the age of mobile phones?

Bad etiquette to check your phone during a meeting

What if you want to know the time without having to wriggle a brick out of your pocket and press a button?

Also to all of you saying it's piss-easy to spot a fake, please say how, I'm kinda interested.

>it's piss-easy to spot a fake, please say how

We're used to a lot of small details, and we see the genuine stuff all the time.

For example, the magnifying glass on any true Rolex will magnify the date by 2.5x... while your average fake will only do it by 2x.

Or the fact you're going to wear a steel Day-Date... while the genuine ones are only issued in gold, never in steel.

There are dozens of other ways to spot a fake. Just the quality of the materials, the bracelet, the glass, the typefaces, etc. It's easy to see if something is "off" when you're used to the real thing.

Same remark with clothing, I can assess the price of your suit easily, just looking at the fabric, the cut and details like the buttonholes (takes me two seconds).

t. rolex manufacturer

I only buy Seikos

it's like buying a toyota (seiko) vs a lambo (rolex)

lambos are shitty meme's.. there special edition are neither fast nor exclusive.
rolex is Ferrari

are you black?

>implying that more than 0.01% of the population can tell the difference between 2x and 2.5x magnification
>implying that any of these "obvious" indicators are in any way obvious

I wore a $5 fake rolex from China everyday at my business school. Nobody noticed, and the people that did notice didn't give a shit

Bullshit, rolex's aren't fast either.

OP, you are poor faggot. Pic related

I need a leather kino watch

In 2016 a watch is essentially just a bracelet, so any guy wearing a watch just is just a guy wearing an expensive bracelet.

I bet you use your phone to check the time.

I think you're pretty much right in the fact that only a small percentage of the population cares enough about expensive watches to spot 'obvious signs' of a fake. But the flipside is that its only the watch enthusiasts that can spot a fake that really care what watch you're wearing. A normie will maybe care what it looks like aesthetically or maybe see the Rolex brand name and associate that with being kind of expensive (But I bet they'd be thinking $5k expensive rather than $45k expensive since they're not part of the watch world)
Nowadays watches are pretty much accessories/ fashion statements for the look or a status symbol to show off how much money you have. The time telling function is largely meaningless (except for the small group who get worked up about the movement and muh horological heritage)

>hurr durr you can see the time on your phone
please fuck off

It's a fact though
Watches serve literally no purpose in 2016 other than as an accessory

I have a digital watch to tell the time, it's quicker than looking at my phone. Also why do you keep saying 2016, it's not like we've had mobile phones only since last year.

You sound like a bitcoin faggot, only with men's jewelry nonsense. Get your shit together dude.

yo that makes no sense at all

>watch cheap, keeps going for 5 years, pretty sturdy near indestructible, water proof
>phone expensive, 1-3 days and battery is gone, it breaks and cracks easily not water proof

everyone?

>not casio f-91w

These indicators are obvious for the people who know and care about watches.

Much of them are people "who matter".

The plebs don't know and don't care though.

That's why wearing a fake is asinine in a double way: because those who know will despise you, and those who don't know don't even care. You're basically impressing nobody. (Wearing a watch to "impress" someone is always a bad idea, anyway.)

>$5 fake Rolex
That's not expensive, even for a no-name watch.

A normie will automatically assume your Rolex is a fake is you look poor, and that's it's real if you look rich. Same with Louis Vuitton accessories, etc.

i always tend to assume a watch is fake if it looks fancy. so impressing is not even a question.

>That's why wearing a fake is asinine in a double way: because those who know will despise you, and those who don't know don't even care. You're basically impressing nobody. (Wearing a watch to "impress" someone is always a bad idea, anyway.)
Pretty much this. I have a boss that loves watches. I've seen him wearing a Patek at one point. I'd love a Rolex, but it's more or less buying above my station in life at this point. He'd either know it's fake, or it it's real that I'm not great with my money. I have a Movado that he's complimented several times, though. It's understated and is just expensive enough to be something of worth.

A watch is basically an accessory that displays how you think of yourself and what your tastes are. You definitely don't want to be cocky or gauche.

>A normie will automatically assume your Rolex is a fake is you look poor, and that's it's real if you look rich. Same with Louis Vuitton accessories, etc.

Speak for yourself faggot.

If you don't think a poor nigga can wear a rolex or buy his girl a LV bag, then you ignant as fuck.

Yes, it should be noted that most watch connoisseurs will appreciate the fact you're wearing a not-so-expensive watch that's actually good.

A mere Seiko 5 will impress them more than a fake Rolex. And remember you can find respectable watches like Longines, or even Omega (more rarely), for $200 on eBay.

That's what normies will think, even if it's real. And honestly, more often than not, it will be a fake.

>buy
>knock off shit

Even my wife isn't stupid enough to buy fake purses when she has money, holy shit.

Out you nigger