Hey Veeky Forums I am sick of being a wage slave at a grocery store where we are horrendously understaffed...

Hey Veeky Forums I am sick of being a wage slave at a grocery store where we are horrendously understaffed. I am currently in college for engineering degree (mechanical/bio mechanical/electrical/software, fuck, one of those)

I have been job hunting, and hoping to land a job at my college (it would help get my foot in for a city/county job in the future)

Any recommendations? Any company hire new people for data entry (if males can do that but it sounds like female only job) or any desk job, no all center recommendations. I have experience in that.

Sell gorilla pictures

just become a neet stock trader and trade $KNPD and $LPBM

>$KNPD
>$LPBM

Sounds like a Veeky Forums meme

>Hey Veeky Forums I am sick of being a wage slave at a grocery store where we are horrendously understaffed

You chose to work there, did you not? How is that being a slave

>work 40 hours a week
>provide great customer service
>be on your feet all day
>10 min breaks
>constantly lifting up to 100 pounds
>all for 8 a hour.

Also, that is why I am wanting to quit.

Yeah that sucks but you agreed to it desu

Just quit and lie about your experience and apply to a bunch of other places that aren't for subhumans

Are nature photographers in high demand?

I dont think you know the definition of slavery

I do know the definition of slavery, but in this day in age slavery is used in differently.

That does not make any sense

You willingly agreed to a wage for a given set of responsibilities. You are free to quit at any time as well.

In what way is that slavery?

>constantly lifting up to 100 pounds
What kind of grocery store do you work at? I never dealt with anything heavier than the 50lb potato sacks.

you have 131 hours a week to fuck off and do whatever you want on top of the fact that you are rewarded for your work. That is not slavery by any definition

Only good photographers are in demand. The rest are hobby people who sells right to their album cuts.

OP you're going to fail at engineering if you can't even do better than a minimum wage grocery job. That shit is for high schoolers and the mentally ill. I'm sure you are insufferable IRL and never get laid, you're mentality sucks.

what a nigga sposed 2do

>being so autistic that you don't know the term wage slave isn't literal

Then what does it refer to?

Am I a slave to the grocery store industry because I need to consume 2500+ calories a day to maintain my bodyweight?

Am I a slave to capitalism because I need to exchange a service or product for money in order to buy food and shelter from someone else?

Am I a slave to my internet service provider because they're holding me hostage to have to pay $50/month in order to post this to you on the internet?

This guy is full of shit. You can do it, the only thing stopping you are artificial barriers you constructed for yourself unknowingly. Do what you want and don't let another man tell you you're stupid for doing it.

Fuck that guy. Everyone starts somewhere.

not OP just eng student here
what the fuck am I supposed to do for work while I'm still in college? No experience or skills how do I avoid minimum wage

>You willingly agreed to a wage for a given set of responsibilities.
Most people have no choice. Work or die. THAT IS SLAVERY. MODERN SLAVERY.

increase income
decrease expenses

>Most people have no choice. Work or die. THAT IS SLAVERY. MODERN SLAVERY.

Well if you don't produce then how do you expect to survive? Do you feel entitled to things other people produce?

>Modern slavery

How is it modern? The idea of NEETs and Welfare is very very recent. Draw back even about 80-100 years ago (if not more) and people who are capable of working but don't were shunned and practically non-existent.

security is pretty good when you're in school since you're just sitting at a desk for most of your shift and do readings or homework

I got my security license then applied with security agencies, I had no relevant work experience but securitas and US security both offered me a job within the week.

Does your school have a career center or something? There could be on campus opportunities.

More importantly you should look for internships. Ask your friends and instructors and also apply to all the companies you can think of. Try temp agencies too. I am also an eng student and I found my current internship through a temp agency.

You should get some IT certifications. First get your A+ Cert (which opens you up to computer repair). I think Geek Squad hires A+ people at 15 or so starting. Or you can work there and see if they will pay for your A+.

A+ is the most basic. Microsoft and Cisco have their own certs to choose from. These usually take more studying to pass. These certs open you up to lots of IT jobs, which can compliment your engineering degree well.

2bh there are probably lots of jobs out there. go to your local mall or some shit. Also don't feel like you are too good for some jobs because fuck you.

The only jobs I ever can find are pretty much wage slavery. I feel like I'm screwed no matter what. >jobs that are 12 hours
>jobs at night
>jobs where you have to deal with a lot of people (walmart/mcdonalds)which is bad for anixety.
ETC. God damn it.

>jobs that are 10/12 hours
>work mon to thurs
>off fri,sat,sun

Shit I love those jobs too bad they so hard to hard to find in my field

Yeah well the 12 hour ones that I see are not that way it's usually 3 days like thur,fri,sat and like 6am to 6pm or 6pm to 6am or something like that. They are pretty abusive sounding.

You're such a bad troll it hurts

I am doing this right now while in college. Friday-Sunday 7am to 7pm and paid for 40. Pay kinds sucks and it's fucking hot, but if you are in remotely decent shape and health your body gets accustomed to it. Its warehouse work.

Now, assembly line shit or having to constantly lift heavy items instead of here and there is another story.

Pizza delivery can be fun, buy many people lose money because they don't know how to run a car cheap.

Well I mean if you can take it then more power to you just it seems like too much at once and better to spread it out over less hours and having a real daily routine? Get up at this time, get home at this time, etc. I mean I could get use to around 6 everyday for that kind of work 5 days a week vs trying to do it for 12. But yeah everybody's different I guess.

yes. to all 3

just because you don;t know a way to realistically free yourself, doesn't stop you from being at the mercy of these chains.

At least you're in college, I truly envy you, I'm destined to live in a box and never obtain normal living circumstances such as a desk with a computer on top or a bed or a real home.