What % of their portfolio did those guys bet with?

What % of their portfolio did those guys bet with?
They made a killing but what actual % of risk did they take? If they were millionaires already, then risking 1 to 5 millions is not that much for them.

Other urls found in this thread:

yuki.la/biz/1109826
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>bigshort
>fucking normie gtfo REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

fpbp

You are supposed to never risk more than 20% on one trade. I personally bet everything.
Pic related

which app is that ? Vanguard ?

Pretty sure in the movie they went all in.

If you were absolutely sure that market crash was going to happen, wouldn't you put 99% of your portfolio into it?

Like Soros once said, there's no point in being confident and having a small position.

>If they were millionaires already, then risking 1 to 5 millions is not that much for them.
>If they had 5 million, then risking 5 million is not that much to them.

Try losing a million dollars. It fucking sucks bad, millionaire or not.

I mean the IRL characters.

But you NEVER know unless you are fucking George Soros.

Those guys were outsiders. They are like bitcoin guys nowadays, they were considered freaks since they were seeing something everyone else didn't. They didn't had special connections beyond some middle positions in top banks. You can't compare Soros with those guys.

I know, but you get my point. I want to see exactly what % of their portfolio they risked.

Good call. I made around 25 BTC (15k USD for nocoiner plebs) by buying ETC. I saw it so fucking clear yesterday and took the risk. Even if I saw it clear, I knew it was a big fucking risk. You can't never get rid of that adrenaline rush no matter how confident you are in your call.
And it hasn't end yet. I expect it to go 0.005 to 0.01... im not sure if I have the nerve to hold for that long tho. But something is clear. Unless you are already rich, you are not going to get rich playing with conservative ass "1-10%" of your portfolio. I've realized you have to take big risks to get rich unless you inherit.

I doubt its about losing money at that point its probably more so about pride and wanting to be right.

I really hate Soros saying that shit. Everyone will make whatever Soros make. Soros is a market maker, he is playing on god mode. If Soros buys gold everyone buys gold. He cant fail.

The The Big Short Guys took real risks. I just want to know what % did they bet with.

You're talking about the Soros of today. The Soros of 30 years ago put a bet on the sterling pound because he knew the Bank of England had to devalue the currency. The ran the numbers, read the reports and talked to people and went all-in when the reversal of his position had little downside. Same deal with The Big Short guys. They knew the system was going to break.

nigga you better get the fuck out of netflix

> nigga you better be glad as fuck you purchased Netflix

Dude, it looks like it's gonna be at 100 within a few days. That guy made a brilliant play. If I wasn't too busy with these fucking meme penny stocks these last few weeks I would have gotten NFLX in the dip.

Great buy. NFLX is gonna be fine yall.

bump

bump 2

Put in three bullets, spin the cylinder and pull the trigger. Attaboy. To the moon.

No need to gamble. ETC is going up 100%.

I've read their book, and other books where they're interviewed for their particular hedge fund tactics.

Most of the groups we've discussed didn't risk any more than 5-10% of their fund.

The Unique one was Scion capital.

Also those guys living in the garage lol, they were already so successful before they got to that point. Still insanely successful.

If you actually look at most of the good hedge funds a lot of them made a lot of money in 2008.

Hedge funds are the heros though. The bastards are the investment banks and the regulators.

Those people are scum.

here we go so they didnt risk shit

The group you're referring to is actually Steve Carrel's group I can't tell you what they risked.

However the group that was the 2 lone wolf technical guys from Colorado they had stringent risk practices.

Most hedge funds have their portfolio set up into risk tranches, and they only fuck around with equities and swaps and stuff with a certain percentage of that which is usually assigned as the risk tranche.

You've got to keep your money in as non correlated places as possible.

I'll see if I have the details on Steve Carrel's group, but honestly they likely didn't invest any more than 5-10%.

The reality is if you did your drawdown would be huge. Your investors would get nervous as fuck and they'd upend you.

These guys aren't the only ones that made money in 2007-2008 though like the movie makes out.

Literally dozens of hedge funds recognized the fundamental indicators and managed to make a shit pot of money by trading the market.

That is after all the job of a trader.

If you want to learn more about how these groups operate I recommend the book Hedge fund Market wizards.

They tell you all the details about how they make decisions and most of them explain clearly how they made money during 2007-2008. The interesting thing is the majority of them did completely different things, and have completely different methods of strategy.

There are so many ways to be successful it's astounding.

yeah but at the end of the day you need the balls to the pull the trigger

also its not the same being in a team, than being some guy alone in your computer at home

any stories of NEET traders to motivate me? I cant relate to all those guys with college degrees in prestigious funds and shit desu

yeah that japanese wizard guy

yuki.la/biz/1109826
I mean this guy

I'm shorting the USD with gift cards right now. just bought a shitload of gift cards and once the market pops, i'm going to the moon

>shorting the USD with gift cards
???

kek dodging inflation