Fallout General /fog/

Tits Edition

Pre-War Thread: >CK
youtube.com/watch?v=hdGr8MH4pPU

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/dfRatvDc

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>NSFW Booru
hatenewspapers.booru.org/index.php

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!6UlxTZra!37d40qun_WHa8LODvMXUreN1cxsP9KFglurOAT95YBQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>somehow the 9 didn't copy
Pre-war Thread

what do

Make a path for the bugs to get to that yellow pillar.

git gud

Nan-ni shimasho-ka?

>someone took the (Buffscale stay away) out
Fucking buzzkills

so I got all shit tons of grenades
a shotgun with explosive rounds
and a minature attomic bomb i can fire from a shoulder mounted slingshot.
Why can't I use any of these to open a locked wooden door.

Could probably do that too.

Was Far Harbor leaked?

>the booru only has buffscale abomination posts and that ugly chocolate curie

lel

>being this slowpoke

Yes and brace for spoilers ITT.

Post Conquest settlements

>breaking locks with explosives automatically scraps all the items inside the container.

pls add

how do I make npcs have the same dr as me?

Make it the higher your luck the less of a chance the items will break.

Do they look anything like these cyst-covered fish you find in the Commonwealth?

Not so sure I can do that. If I can cast it to an objectreference though, I can.

An ennemy may be utilizing stealth. How interesting.

breaking a lock =/= destroying the entire container

I fucking hated that feature in NV and I sure as hell don't want it getting into Fo4 too

>and a minature attomic bomb i can fire from a shoulder mounted slingshot.
>Why can't I use any of these to open a locked wooden door.

For the same reason that the mini-muke doesn't start a fire that burns the entire town to ashes, or drop you to the center of the world.

The inner machinations of Todd's mind are an enigma.

>Was Far Harbor leaked?

About three pages ago.

What the fuck is this

>play survival
>progress in main quest so far, that I can use Vertibirds
>'sweet, its like fast travel'
>call vertibird
>fly over some raider shithole
>they kill me mid-flight with some lucky shots

memory banks of Todd howard

That was only if your explosives skill wasn't high enough

A spoiler.

I'm having a glitch where every time I partner up with an Automatron, it changes any nickname I give it and any attempt after that to change it's name to simply "Automatron". What did I do wrong (I was installing mods prior to this so that's what I suspect) and how can I fix it? It's not game breaking but a little annoying.

QUICK! I'm a whore for achievements....but I simply cannot play Bethesda games vanilla, how do I re-enable achievements?

Use F4SE and download the mod on Nexus that enables it.

Look for a mod that re-enables achievements.

>I'm a whore for achievements

Alright, so how do you want this down then?
Explosives unlock containers, but how do you determine what factors let you unlock it? Strength of the grenade? Explosive skill?

in FO4 does companion magic ammo only affect their default weapons?

tried to give Piper a upgraded 10mm but she just use default.

Man this weather...

At least it's not raining.

obligatory leak post

mega.nz/#!6UlxTZra!37d40qun_WHa8LODvMXUreN1cxsP9KFglurOAT95YBQ

>officer steve

Jesus, fine! I'll join the Railroad if it means you guys stop attacking me

Have enough good mods made been yet so that Fallout 4 isn't a shit game?

Each rank of Explosive gives a 23% chance that the container is opened without harming the objects within

Without explosives knowledge you only have an 8% chance

And of course by explosive I mean Demolitions Expert.

Trying out survival? Is there a good bed save point close to the police station for the first BoS quest? This ghoul swarm kicks my ass.

>people are still playing Fallout 4

Alright, but what about for doors, and even determining if you actually unlock the thing?

Yeah, and I think I'll go back and play it some more. Far Harbor is cool.

How close do you want?

If you do the Greygarden quest before you do the BoS quest, you can put a bed in Greygarden. Or there's that old folks home near Lexington.Shady Pines or something like that.

Is he still just fucking everything in sight or is there a story to it now?

I recall a matress being at the raiders' spot point.

figure out what quests are what in the console so you don't have to deal with that horse shit

Source?

and i'm gonna keep playing it now that survival mode is out on consoles :^)

Look at this anti-fun asshole over here

yeah on friday i think

Gook garbage.

Fuck off back to NMA to your 256bit-indexed palette, neckbeard.

Why is the far harbor quest and world design so much better than vanilla fallout? Why is there actual choice in Far Harbor? Why are there no more shooting galleries anymore? Why did bethesda fuck fallout 4 up so bad but then deliver far harbor

>people aren't allowed to have fun doing things that I don't personally think are fun

This

I don't think that should have a check behind it. There's no reason a grenade wouldn't destroy a thin, wooden door.

>Is there a good bed save point close to the police station for the first BoS quest?

Inside the Station, jump over the stuff near the side, run inside, save and THEN help Danse, or snipe from atop the pile and after they're dead greet Danse.

I dunno. They do the same shit with skyrim and dragonborn.

There's a sleeping bag near the road you and Danse go down to head to Arcjet, near those broken buses

survival mode is fun and frustrating at the same time and I love it

>sneak around in Quincys Gunner main shithole
>check out roofs
>indicator says [danger]
>get sweaty
>didn't sleep in 30min
>already done 2 quests
>look around me and Q like crazy to spot the enemy
>its a legendary gunner corporal on a bridge between the houses
>ohshitohshitohshit
>shoot him once in the chest with VATS
>some scope skill kicks in and he ragdolls from the bridge
>falls 3 stories the ground
>indicator says [hidden] again

found a bed some minutes later and had to take a smoking break

maybe they took player feedback into consideration?

Actually looking at this, I'm pretty sure container destruction won't work in the first place. Opening locks is an archetype effect, it would take a script to destroy the contents of a container, and I'm not sure I can cast an actor (which is necessary for an effect to work) to a container.

No, they actually look fairly normal iirc.

casuals

there's less oversight on the DLC so the designers can afford to get things "wrong"

wait whut?
far harbor is good?
glad i got the leak then

>when you ran all the way from railroad to starlight to sanc to railroad again and then down to goodneigbor without sleeping and you did from a random tossed grenade that explodes on impact killing you instantly

On survival

Man the tempt to go back to new Vegas and actually play an RPG is real right now

Why don't you just download a mod that lets you save whenever you want you casual Obsishit

>Bethestards have no regard for the way GODD HOWARD balanced their game

Very nice, love the idea of a settlement here.
Too bad you can't have a friendly Swan guarding it

its pretty good, but the bar wasn't very high in the first place

Just go choke on your Restauration Project.

maybe you should have saved in one of the million beds between all those locations you actual moron

>no barber shop called the Far Barber in Far Harbor
DROPPED

It's Point Lookout/ the Pitt all over again.

Literally the only reason I'm playing this game again is to get my Survival Character up to the point where I can go to Far Harbor.

Don't get me wrong, I like survival, in fact it's the only reason I started playing F4 again, but when you're watching the other screen because fallout 4 is so contentless on the road you just forget to sleep somehow

Sadly

You can get other super mutants and deathclaws and killer robots defending it from fucking railroad agents though

I keked

Here's my idea for how it should be done.
You can open any locked door or container that able to be picked with one of three mines, frag, bottlecap, or nuke. Depending on the level of the lock would determine your base chance with a frag mine. Bottlecap mines could have a 20% bonus or something to your chance and a nuke mine a 100% bonus doubling your chance. To do any of this you need at least one rank in demolitions expert and more ranks increase base chance. Failing to break open a lock breaks the lock making it unable to be picked but still able to be blown open. When successfully opening a loot container there's a chance the items inside will be scrapped the more powerful the mine the higher the chance with a nuke mine being almost guaranteed to destroy and scrap the contents.

>Too bad you can't have a friendly Swan guarding it
Actually, what if you put those beta wave emitters there? I don't exactly know how they work but would they on behemoths?

Noted.

Still not sure I can do this in the first place. I remember someone saying something about the Open archetype being outdated for a while in the first place.

Could you remove the container entirely instead of destroying contents? You either successfully open it, or if you fail, it A: breaks the lock but nothing else or B: has a small chance of destroying said container with a higher chance with higher tier mines.

Or are you saying it might not be possible to do the explosive unlocking at all?

Conquest?

Trainwiz, is there a chance that you get to escavate the Boston Railway System?
Maybe there is a ghost station vault full of Bobrov relatives.

Not possible to do it at all.

Trainwiz already said it wasn't feasible

Mod on the Nexus

Lets you settle anywhere

So how does that work in terms of settlement borders? I mean, all settlements have a specific limit to where you can build, how does the Conquest mod determine where the borders go?

Whats the build size of Conquest Settlements?

I always wanted to build a place in the Commons.

GET ME OUT OF HERE

That is extremely interesting. And tempting. I've often wanted to turn the funeral home in Lexington into a settlement, aside from the lack of exposed water it seems like it'd be a fantastic area to build in.

Does it recognize existing items that you can move/remove/reuse? Like, if I settle near a building with a bed in it does the bed automatically become available for use? And how big does the build area become?

WAKE ME UP

Yeah this doesn't seem like it'll work. The open archetype doesn't seem to work even on normal guns, and I can't get this effect to register on grenades or mines. I'll keep trying for a bit but don't expect results.

The mod just gives you X distance in each direction from where you place the Workbench as your settlement borders

Not sure what size X is, but it's big enough for JUST the Boston Commons park and some of the surrounding streets

Could you make a mod that adds an 'empty fusion core' when you use up all the charge, and a workshop item that can over X amount of time charge an empty core into a full one?

I know fusion cores are common enough that I'll likely never run out but the environmentalist in me wants to recycle these things.

>trainwiz agrees to do one mod because he's interested in the idea, wasn't even approached
>suddenly every idiot swarming him begging him to make things

Jesus christ you desperate retards, the CK IS out, just learn to do it yourself.

Jesus christ this has to be the most casualbait game i've ever seen in my fucking life

>Doing Cait's companion quest
>She has to use a dangerous machine that will cure her addiction
>3 charisma checks, each one will make her use the machine (with no consequences obviously, it's a Bethesda game, we don't want the casuals to fail at anything)

Cont