Boss pays me minimum wage

>boss pays me minimum wage
>mfw he expects more than minimum effort

Want me to actually work hard? Pay me more.

Or just fire you and hire someone that's worth keeping around

only if you add .05 more to my paycheck

The sad part is youve proven to your boss that you're unreliable, lazy and a shit worker. The reality is if he upped your pay you would return to your normal habits. Stay poor faggot. Get your attitude right

>Work min. wage job
>Bust ass
>Get so much overtime that the District Manager has to come to the store and forbid overtime because I specifically was making labor cost too high
>Still make min. wage after a year, despite being the first person management calls for any sort of work help.

Though to be fair, I could have been promoted easily if I stayed; I was just working there before leaving for uni.

he would pay you less than minimum wage if it were legal. your actual worth is significantly less than minimum wage and it sounds like you have a long way to go until you are worth more than minimum

Enjoy getting fired or working there for ever

You're not scamming anyone

I'm getting paid $30/h and I still put in the minimum effort just not to get fired.

Why? Because I'm not a dumbass. In my first year in I went above and beyond, was recognized for it on papers and with pats on the back, but when it came to money.... nada. 0.5% bonus - basically drinking money.

So why would I bust my ass for additional peanuts when I can do the bare minimum and get basically the same money. Instead of wasting my time with unpaid overtime/etc... I roll my own thing and let the market judge how much I should be paid

>Get word of it
>Have a workplace accident
>Get payed while on my ass watching Netflix

>Trying to leverage your output against your employer for a pay increase.
>In a more than ever global economy where you are competing against millions
>In a more than ever technologically advanced society that is rapidly automating everything
>In a society that has more capital than it knows what to do with (assuming merrica)

Smart.

Why would he promote you for bad behavior? Then it sets the standards that any fuck up can get paid more by being lazy.

Why would he promote him when he can string him along until his transfer to a better management position and he have to ass kiss the new boss from square one?

why would you expect to to move up if you're doing the bare minimum?

Not seeing your reasoning. If you want to stay at the same low position for the rest of your life and be the first to get canned if people need to be fired then go ahead and do the bare minimum.

>wagecucks
>people

You sound like an angsty millennial.
Won't get far in life with that attitude son.

Fuck minimum wage work. Just a stepping stone to better jobs to actually work for.

Why would you expect to move up over the arbitration of someone that got to his position through nepotism? He could easily praise you for your great work and hint at better things in your future but ultimately he looking out for number one. While he does that, he keeping expenses low to make it seem like his operation is making high profits so he be the one moving up while leaving you in the dust and asking the new manager, like the entry level idiot you are, when your raise coming.

>Why would you expect to move up over the arbitration of someone that got to his position through nepotism?

Why do you assume he got it through nepotism?

>While he does that, he keeping expenses low to make it seem like his operation is making high profits so he be the one moving up while leaving you in the dust and asking the new manager, like the entry level idiot you are, when your raise coming.

Yeah that's true but you're there anyway, might as well do the best job you can just in case it actually helps you learn work capacity, transferable skills and possibly a promotion(however unlikely).

You should work hard regardless, it's called character. Get in the habit of doing your best no matter i what and you 'll have way more success in your career and life.

In the words of Donald Trump...
You're fired!

Seriously, my employees complain about being overburdened, but if they actually were, they'd just quit! They know how replacable they are. If they were worth keeping I'd pay them more.

This desu.

If you start cutting corners at work you'll start cutting corners other places too. Eventually you'll have no work ethic and you'll just be constantly subconsciously triyng to "cheat" someone. Etiher do it well or don't do it at all and quit

If you think that's bad, listen to this

>Have sales job
>gets shitty commission
>Bust ass as hard as possible cause need money bad
>Put in 60 hour weeks
>Get really lucky too
>Almost doubled coworkers numbers
>Get fucking horrible 1% increase, despite making them 10x my pay
>They make those numbers into new quota
>can't meet it for three consecutive months
>Management says you're on probation for not meeting quotas, and will be terminated, even though still ahead of everyone else

Moral of the story is that there is no point in working hard if you're just an employee

>>mfw he expects more than minimum effort

Yup.

Millenials definitely aren't lazy sacks of shit with no character.

You millenials are all just misunderstood.

Self entitled millenials.

This is why McDonalds need to replace their snotty ass, unskilled workers with payment machines.

100% more polite, and 100% less likely to spit in your food.

>>Get fucking horrible 1% increase, despite making them 10x my pay
>>They make those numbers into new quota

Sounds like communism.

Im loving this millennial meme

> throw away a few hundred in wasted time, background checks, and retaining
> they're just as bad or worse

t. boomer who worked in a unionized car manufacturing plant with no training or education making the shittiest cars in the world and getting enough money to buy a house with 3 months salary, but still didn't save for retirement so now you're bankrupting the country to pay for your welfare

I mean in some sense it doesn't fucking matter. Yes you can work hard, trying to move up from minimum wage, get experience, improve your resume and use your boss as a reference. Then lets say you move on to something else, you have education, training, experience, etc. Okay, then you are getting paid really well and working your ass off and then it comes to a point where management will try anything to get rid of you guys and would refuse to promote you or give you a retarded review even though you work as hard as everyone else in the office or industry. Then these guys would try to bring in entry level employees for cheap. Yes, I've actually seen this shit happen, that's why it's always better to get that work experience and hop to a different company or firm for better pay/promotion in a lot of middle/upper professional work. Yes you should still work hard, but #1 priority is yourself, always look out for yourself.

Lel, this is why I start my employees at $14/hr and expect them to clock 50+ hours a week.

People that can't make it 50+ hours with considerable effort get fired and those who stay longer than a year are paid $20/hr+.

The only reason to pay your employees minimum wage is because you require mediocre results or have a job that literally cannot be fucked up.

For example, sorting boxes, stocking shelves, working a cash register.

Fuck off, ausfag.

>They make those numbers into new quota
Ahaha fuck those bitches. Get a new job.
Fucking brutal man.

You actually needed to be more assertive and ask for a raise.

Of course you should have no "loyalty" to an employer but if you're going to do something and put your name on it, do it right.

Excellence is something we practice every day, if you're cleaning your room you don't just stuff garbage under your bed or behind a pictureframe because it's "good enough" and "no one will notice"? Or do you actually clean everything and put in the work to get it done?

if you're working at your "shitty job" and you're there for 6 hours anyway, might as well put in those 6 hours to good work, if you don't think it's worth it, quit and do something else but if you're doing it do it well

why

slide threads

shills everywhere

I'm honestly starting to think someone is purposely paid to make controversial threads over and over, as if the site would die if they didn't.

Hahaa dirty kid, you think I need you. If I kick you out right now there's a million other Chinamen and pajeets that would Kill for your job, and I could pay them less!.

I don't need you, YOU NEED ME

Pretty fair comment. I don't disagree nor do I think we all should be lazy fucks, but working hard for yourself is a better goal than working hard for your boss.

meant for this, i am retarded

>do my best at work, everyone is appreciative
>boss won't even fucking pay me

I had to sue him and it's still no clear when/if I'll get my money back. I have the satisfaction of knowing that his business will probably go under due to mismanagement, but I wasted 6 months of my life. Working hard at a shit job for a shit company is nonsense.

These guys understand.

If he could have hired a pajeet he would've done so.

"Here is your replacement, his name is Miguel"

this is the point where you begin to steal and fuck up your job - whats the problem?

Will you hire me, I am a hard worker

>if you don't think it's worth it, quit and do something else
This is fair enough, both me and everyone I know do this basically. But some people don't really have that luxury. You can talk about building character all day, but I can honestly tell you it fucks up your character more than it builds to take it up the ass and grind your teeth.

The mistake you made is being too good where it doesn't count, and not being good enough where it does. Your priorities are wrong.

If you're working a decent job, but don't get paid a commission, you're fucking up by having the best numbers. You want to have good enough numbers to not get fired, but you never want to consistently be the best (at least, not to start).

Where you want to be the best is ass-kissing and/or sunshine-pumping your boss. This is good in two ways; 1) it makes your boss like you, so he'll think of you first when it comes time for wage review. 2) it gives you an in with your boss, so you now have a better idea of how he thinks, and what he considers important in his employees, so you can be a model employee, and you can argue your case for a higher wage more effectively by leveraging what you know about your boss personally.

If you're really good at your job, but you're not your boss's favorite worker, you're going to get unreasonable performance quotas. If you're ok at your job, and you're your boss's favorite employee, you're going to get everything you want out of your gig, and you're going to have to work less hard than you would if you were just good at your job.

Exactly.

if you work hard, you dont get a raise. You simply have higher expectations from your boss. You are really just fucking yourself over if you work hard.

Good advice in general, but you should replace the whole sucking up thing with work hard where results count. A long ass time ago I also did sales, was good at it too through skills and hard work. Didn't have prospects for a promotion and raises were standard, commissions were meh. But I knew my boss gets paid well for results, and once I just stopped signing up for most shifts. After a few days he calls me, tells me he needs me on the job and I say mehhhh.. my last paycheck is kinda light, I don't feel the motivation. Might try something else. He just outright sent me money on the spot and my paychecks weren't so light since, despite no official raise.

Make yourself valuable and leverage that position. Unless you're a dick about it, a dick in general, unlikeable, hard to work with, etc. It will work. Simply because your boss has no motivation to reward you if things continue as they are without it. Simple logic on his part. Same logic that will tell him you're well worth keeping for a few extra bucks, considering your value.

This is true, but it's up to you to find a job/salary worth working hard for