New ebay/online business thread

ToTT: What's the best profit you've ever made?

$2000 in one day trading ETC

$5000 in a month selling cheap cords and gelatine caps as high quality etc etc.

I had some collectible ninja turtle statues a few years back. I wound up having two of one because reasons, so I held onto the spare until I needed/wanted some cash.

They initially cost like $250 bucks, I sold it for $1,600.

I've had multiple pretty good deals over the years including:

-bought a watch for less than a dollar, turned out it was worth 150ish
-bought an old antique doll for 2-3 dollars, turned out it was worth 250
-bought one of those white robot toys (the original one was Robosapian, forget the others), for 2-3 bucks, was worth 75 or so
-bought a Sega Pico system with like 10 games for around 15 bucks. Sold it to a guy in germany for 250

>Get free shit
>sell for monies
>infinity profit

3k profit selling pokemon GO shirts i had printed. EZ

Im an online broker. I get paid basically to post craigslist ads. 2500 for a post sometimes

uhh how does that work?

I made 12500 EUR last month from collecting things from US Military PCSing families in Germany and selling that shit to Germans on ebay.de and ebay kleinanzeigen. Germans are willing to pay ridiculous amounts for the stupidest shit, for example used portable cooktops, 450 EUR for a bike I got for free.
My favorite is to go to kickz, a store on the PX carrying nignog apparel, like straight brim hats for 40 USD. In Germany they go for 60+ € cuz I guess they all wanna be niggers, so I get some NY or NC, ALABAMA, the dank-ass hats from last year on sale for 12 bucks and it's sold within a day on ebay for 60 eur.

Today I old a BIIB Jan 2017 250 call I bought weeks ago when the call cost me $2000 I sold for $7500 for a gain of $5.5k

I made about the same off of Amazon bought in Feb sold after ER

How does one start an eBay business?

Would people actually buy something from a person with 0 sales on eBay?

>buy MSI GX60 on TigerDirect for ~$1000
>waited 2 weeks, still no tracking number, so I email them
>TD: "Oh sorry it was out of stock, but it's shipping tomorrow!"
>another week passes
>TD: "Oh sorry but it's still out of stock for another 2 weeks"
>Me: "Give me a fucking refund, this is ridiculous, I have schoolwork to do."
>Receive refund
>Next day, receive MSI GX70 Destroyer
>Play Crisis and mine bitcoins with it for a few months
>Sell it on ebay for $800

>buy item for $650
>it breaks
>sell it on eBay for $15

Either you are a giant retard or I have not found the place where ebay is trading call/put options.

I thought that only happens on regulated exchanges. But please, theach us, Yoda.

Do you mean best flip in terms of ROI, or in terms of gross profit?

I'll share both.

About 2 years ago I found a copy of Fahrenheit 451 at a thrift store SIGNED by the author Ray Bradbury. I paid 50 cents for it and it sold at auction for $65. That's a 13,000% Return on Investment.

Back in Late 2014, Nintendo had a loyalty rewards program called Club Nintendo, where you can redeem codes for coins to use toward cool items like posters, figurines, etc. They announced the program would be closing and the price and demand of the codes skyrocketed on eBay. I figured out a method to get THOUSANDS of codes. They only sold for a few bucks a piece, but I grossed just over $10,000 in sales for those 2 months.

>be me
>be 2013
>unboxing is blowing up on youtube, every kid is uploading videos
>get an email from Club Nintendo saying that some coins are about to expire
>have idea
>every day, go on youtube and search for "wii unboxing", stuff like that, sort by upload date
>dozens of videos, most with 0 views
>all of them are kids unboxing wii's and games
>all of them show club nintendo codes
>I redeem them, after a couple of months have enough to order multiple copies of anything
>order a couple of zelda posters, some mario bags, and other shit like that
>sell on ebay, market them as LIMITED EDITION XDD
>repeat
>mfw made $2000 from exploiting kids

I stripped completely a Honda CRX and paid around 150 bucks for the parts. Within 3 days I sold half of them to one buyer for $800. Other half $1000 between 8 buyers. Wew lad.

Very Nice! Reminds me of the time my buddies used to play Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 on B.net. We always had people who needed online CD keys, so we'd go to eBay, search for Diablo 2 or Warcraft 3, and there'd always be a moron who had their CD key visible in plain site in the auction's photos. It worked every time!

I'd buy cartons of cigarettes at an Indian reservation for $25 each. Then I'd sell them at school for $5 a pack. Make my money back with half the carton, then I'd just smoke the rest and repeat. Never really made any money. But when I was 16, smokes were better than money.

yes, everyone starts at zero. just try to not sell things that are questionable (aka no stock photos or super expensive items until you get some feedback)

also buy stuff from others to get feedback as a buyer. it shows up on ur pages, most people dont bother to click into the feedback section of sellers profiles and make sure its all sales

Made $3000 from selling strabucks giftcards online. Not charged with any cash, just the card itself. People go crazy collecting them, and there was a big haul a couple years ago where they released a collectors edition where I sold a pack for $150-200 for the whole 100 set. Just pretty much took all the giftcards from every starbucks in town. Making $2k in a week was awesome.

best profit was 700% but ebay is dead.

wish i had thought of that. Im an old school D2 player too, I currently have well over 100 cd keys. I used to sell them on jsp and ran multiple bots and became an item store supplier for a while.

>Create account named "AccountStats", or something of the like
>Create character name also similar to above
>log into bnet, go into public chat
>type something along the lines of:
/emote Battle.net has now updated to include a PVP Ranking system! Want to know how you stand against others in your realm? Type /m *accountstats [Your CD-Key] to check the rankings of your characters in *realm*! Please remember NEVER give out your password out!
I -think- the command was /emote, dont fully remember> it caused your txt to be dark gray instead of white like normal chat
>write down keys as the messages flood in

It also worked with username/password instead of cdkey, but MUCH less often. I would add the "Never give password out" bit because it made things seem more legit. People always get worried about giving out their password, but the cd key? no one ever thinks about that being dangerous.

i have considered parting cars out on ebay for years, but I hate working on cars so I've never bothered.

I'm pretty sure you can make -tons- of profit if youre a car guy that enjoys it and can pull a car apart relatively fast

>buy car with blown engine/totaled in wreck
>strip car down, clean / take pictures / package for shipping / label and shelf
>list items on ebay
>slap shipping label on bag/box as it sells and toss in mailbox

I know around here I see totaled/blown engine vehicles available for hundreds of dollars. Rip off every non broken part and I'm sure you can get 3000+ by the end of it.

I've been tempted to go around town and try to work out an agreement with a few junkyards, but again I'm not a car guy and not a fan of dealing with them. Plus when they cant speak english it just makes shit harder to work together anyway