When did you realize you were Veeky Forums?

When did you realize you were Veeky Forums?

When i got addicted to money and realized that its the only thing that makes me happy for now.

When I took my first profits as a middleman.
I was probably 8 or 9 at the time.

When I took my first job at Carl's Jr. and realized you can either be a passive employee, or earn money by your own volition.

It only amplified at my first internship at a mid-sized company, when I personally met a true Monopoly Man-esque capitalist. I learned that the commissions that he personally earned from his clients on a monthly basis was much higher than the yearly salaries of his management team. The purpose of that whole company, with all of these employees (including myself) putting in 40+ hours a week for their livelihoods, was to ensure the owner had access to these big clients and their huge commissions. The guy didn't have a college degree, while most of his employees did. I really admired that.

24 right now, and still an employee at a company, but right now I'm making about $10k a year as passive income. Looking to focus on my own business full-time before 30.

>I'm making about $10k a year as passive income

How?

I own a tri-plex and live in one unit, so the majority comes from landlording (about $7k profit after mortgage payment.) The place was completely renovated when I bought it and has long-term tenants, so its essentially little/no work and passive. Currently saving for a down payment on another property to buy within the next year or two.

The rest comes from ad revenue from a few websites/apps I've made. It's not much, usually around $100 a month, but its completely passive.

The rest comes from dividends. I'm an income investor and primarily buy high-yield, large-cap stocks and REITs.

How does one become this Monopoly Man? I don't understand how someone without a college degree ever made it to the top like that.

I play around with compound interest calculators for fun

Are you me?

Well, this is how he did it.

Its cliche, but he started the business as a teenager in his dad's garage fixing/flipping old cars for a profit in the '70s. Got a few loans and some dealership clients. Over the years he expanded to the point where he resells entire inventories of used company cars from different corporations, and repo inventories from banks. He then sells these inventories to used car dealerships as a broker.

The company's sales team makes deals with the used car dealerships. The salesmen get a small cut of the seller's commission through bonuses. We're talking commissions from thousands of cars a month, with the owner pocketing the majority of it.

The company's main purpose is purely logistics, and earns its money via brokerage fees charged to buyers, and fees charged for inventory transportation, advertisement, and inventory storage services.

His work was essentially just networking with clients at this point. Making deals with bankers over fancy dinners. When I worked there, he only came into the office once a week for a few hours just to see if things were running smoothly.

He really just took a small idea, and scaled it up over time.

knew it all along just never realized it

when i bought two condos, rented them out, and continued living rent free with my parents.

I hustled mad bank on runescape pre GE. When GE came out It was game over I was balling out of control. Pretty much just trying to chase that feeling in real life

When I calculated exactly how I'm going to become a millionaire

When I was 14 and conned my family into giving me a tdameritrade account funded with 2gs

When I was 15 and sold sodas I stole from my employer and sold them at work for $2 a pop

When I was 18 and convinced my friend to let me use his dad's dealer's license to get me into the carmax dealer auctions so I could buy and sell used cars for $1,500 profit/car.

Veeky Forums is in my blood. I realized it all along and I realized it more and more with age.

Yesterday, when I turned $120 into $2k after 3 days... Then Bitfinex robbery. But they announced that our positions would be closed at the time of the site being taken down, so I can expect ~$700.

Played habbo hotel when i was like 8 and literally sat in a room for 5 hours straight trying to trade stuff with a profit.

When I was 16 I 41/50d. After I decided I need to move the fuck out of my house at 18, get my own phone plan, insurance, etc. I figured I'd need to save up & start paying for my own stuff since my dad kept taking it away.

Anyway at 16 I got into selling cheap headphones at school for a couple bucks each. Then, found fake Dr Dre beats. I bought the best ones I could find and invest like $160 at a time for 10. I resold each of them in summer school for $40 - $70 and got an image of selling these things from my uncle cause he worked there. It was total bs and I swindled a lot of people to buy these fake beats, and if they broke, I was yolked and everybody loved me so nobody could come up to me with issues they just took the losses. I saved up 4k selling various things that way.

At 17 I started investing in Click Per Action and earned $800 a month. I was working all day long at school and after practice. I kept up selling vapes, and pretty much whatever I could get my hands on. I was making a killer income almost $700 a week.

Got into selling weed at 18 and flipping ounces for profit. Getting people to sell it for me basically at $10 a gram and flipping ozs for 140 net profit ea. Having friends I had, it was quick cash.

Here I am 19, I got into selling harder drugs. Internet income fell off, it's a bit harder to earn now. Friends moved to college. I'm on the look for my next big idea, it will come.

This is how I knew I was a biz. I loved this shit because it took me out of the hardship of life. I could provide on my own and I loved every second of the thrill of flipping and selling to people. It's just fucking fun bargaining or coming up with a new method. The methods not fun, the confidence you get after it works is the fun part and riding it off with the goods.

@14 I was scamming on Runescape to get nicer armor :) paired up with a couple of friends it was so cash xD.

15 I sold the gold I made for a dollar a mill at school.

16 I got an offer to flip product keys on eBay and also started selling cheap things from eBay IRL.

All these things made me a biz.

When I started realizing that every day, and every person I talked to I was looking for opportunity, a situation or sale I could perform to seek some income.

When I realized I love shitposting and money all at the same time.

SouthParknice.jpg

when i noticed that selling things made me more happy than buying things. you people here have been no help.

At 8 I used to buy those fake Pokemon cards from sticker machines for $.25 a pop, and sold them for $.75 at the kids at school claiming they were authentic and rare. Earned enough money to buy a gameboy doing it after a few months, years later everyone caught on but we laughed it off.

At 12 I would buy used copies of popular games, and sell them for almost full retail price. Usually gaining $10-15 per game, got a reputation as a dude who could get games. Helped my dad didn't give a fuck what I played so ratings weren't off limits for me.

At 16 I devised a "tutoring service" and basically practiced with and trained the freshmen for my school's soccer society up until a year after graduation. Mostly proud of that because it helped me get better at soccer, and I earned $2.5K each year then on. Helped me pay for my first car, insurance, and I was able to pay for my trip to England & Paris for my own graduation treat with some good friends.

When I realized my only goal is to get rich and do nothing, like Peter in Office Space.

i just use excel

it was a late realization i was like 35 or so.
all i ever wanted from life was not having to work.
but it seemed like a pipedream except it's very doable.
so i dug into this investment and frugality stuff and did my calcs.
got hooked on making money and investing. still careful still taking it slow, but i look at offers and stuff a lot more differently than a year ago.

You don't make it to the top working for someone else

Everyone works for somebody