WALMART TO ACQUIRE JET.COM FOR $3.3 BILLION

wsj.com/articles/wal-mart-to-acquire-jet-com-for-3-3-billion-in-cash-stock-1470659763

Can walmart really compete with amazon in e-commerce?!!

Yes, they're still doing very well just using their own website. I would only assume good things to come from this accustion.

Nope

but no amazon prime?

i agree with this

is there such thing an an ecomfag on Veeky Forums?

>ecomfag
???

lol wal mart.

Most of their customers barely know how to work a phone let alone the internet. Buying some unknown website for a retarded valuation is yahoo-tier management and amazon is going to keep grinding them into pie crust.

I just think it is obvious that walmart knows that ecommerce is taking over market share with no end in site soon, so they are trying to save a sinking ship (or make sure they don't sink in the very near future, etc). That's not the mentality that wins the fight. THE FIRST PUNCH ALMOST ALWAYS WINS THE FIGHT (thank you info threads!) so my vote is amazon.

Just wondering. Guess no.

np, and yea i agree. walmart is just too far behind at this point

They should have put some effort into fixing the PoS affiliate program first. That Rakuten based thing is full of dead links and does not cover the entire assortment. They might be more lenient than Amazon when it comes to T&C, but in everything else Amazon is 10 years ahead.

Amazon gets 40-50% of revenue from affiliates. What is Walmarts percentage? 0.01%?

Can a fish really compete with a bird in flying?

>plus you can scam yourself a mid-price electronic item every year, since you're such a good customer ebay won't give a fuck and the seller has to cut the loss
Huh?

I dont think so, amazon is a dick with their sellers as soon they find other platform with high traffic they are going to drop amazon or not give a fuck about their ridiculous metrics anymore. its a hate relationship and it is easier and very common for chinks and amazon to hijack your listings.

amazon doesn't make any profit, they jew their employees with sweat and tears and charge low prices just to gain more share of the e-commerce market

no, i doubt that. amazon is so big already

just from cloud computing alone they have a revenue of over $10 billion. they don't need to profit on their website.

get amazon dick out of your mouth alright bro? by 2030 you'll be lucky if they're not a penny stock

Walmart actually has a great e-commerce system. It's just like Amazon, but you can return it same day at any store

Walmart's problem is how shitty their site is laid out and how hard it is to navigate compared to Amazon.

Perfect example of massive potential being wasted because of lack of introspective from the business.

BESIDES online retail, every company does amazon's products and services better

apple > amazon's devices
spotify > amazon music
netflix >>>>>>> prime video
google >> everything else

they're not gaining market share on any of this shit, they're coasting off their fame as a retailer but make no mistake walmart can (and is) absolutely going to give them a run for their money in the upcoming years.

sure, maybe never a penny stock but they're going to need to make a big play to sustain growth going into 2020

you're forgetting how much amazon makes from their cloud service. i think bezos will have a greater net worth than gates by 2020

>Can walmart really compete with amazon in e-commerce?!!

lol

Hope so. Amazon is shit.

Jet made a genius decision to charge extra for returns. Dumb idiots don't realize returns cost vendors a fortune

Walmart already has tons of distribution centers around the US, I'm sure they could section off some warehouse space to solely dedicate it for e-commerce. They could also have some retail space dedicated to e-commerce as well. Imagine just needing to hire one or two people on in every retail store to handle shipping out overstocked or low selling items. It is a pretty good strategy if they go that route.

There's room for both to succeed and that's the best way for us to save real money. Amazon may have walmart beat on it's delivery infrastructure, though Walmart also has like a billion stores in every state.

My real hope is that this drives prices down and quality of service up. Prepare for more stories of low wage amazon and walmart employee woes!