Do any billionaires lurk Veeky Forums?

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

All urls found in this thread:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/the-grown-men-who-love-my-little-pony-arent-who-you-think-they-are/2016/07/18/d1c1cefe-476f-11e6-acbc-4d4870a079da_story.html
Spamalot
Spamalot

@Nude_Bikergirl
I have a portfolio of 316 million if that counts. Haven't seen a billionaire on Veeky Forums yet.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

yeah me

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Nude_Bikergirl
Of course not
I genuinely doubt anyone over the age of 25 or making more than 80,000 per annum touches Veeky Forums with a ten foot pole

Inb4 I have an investment portfolio of 100 gazillion mega bucks
Proof or gtfo

Inmate
Inmate

@w8t4u
you're never too old or rich to enjoy memes and shitposting

idontknow
idontknow

@Nude_Bikergirl
It me.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Im Not a billionaire but definately a DOGE millionaire

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@idontknow
i don'g get it...

Firespawn
Firespawn

@PackManBrainlure
You are broke. Grandmas money. It me who rich.

SniperGod
SniperGod

@w8t4u
im 32 and made 282k last year.

i shit post often. its fun.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@Firespawn
who is (You)????

StonedTime
StonedTime

@Nude_Bikergirl
It,
/biz/thread/1431160#p1435316
me.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Why don't you rich people ever do something really useful with your money? Like saving the animation and video game industry. Fixing education in american schools. Helping some unfortunate smart intellectuals which were born in a poor family.
Etc etc

Being humble and constructive for once with your money.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@Nude_Bikergirl

Doesn't tat shrekli fag post here?

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@VisualMaster
Not rich but throwing money at a problem usually doesn't help

whereismyname
whereismyname

@VisualMaster
saving the animation and video game industry

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@VisualMaster
My plan is to buy my old neighborhood(low income housing) and get them jobs and kick out druggies if they refuse to fill out an application. I will then become their king as they rely on me for housing money and safety. I will call them peasants and make them crawl to me for a raise.
Does that count?

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Fried_Sushi
I plan on building a castle to oversee them from a tower and have a dungeon for non suspicious activities

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@Fried_Sushi
You think you're the first to think profiting from gentrification is a good idea?

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@VisualMaster
Fixing education in american schools
USA's trillion dollar economy can't fix schools, a billionaire couldn't come close to repairing it

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@SomethingNew
Definitely not the first but what harm can it do?
Worst that will happen i make them mad and throw money at them to make them fight to the death.
It's not like they are people like us

RumChicken
RumChicken

@Nude_Bikergirl
There's not even 1 millionaire on Veeky Forums. Anyone who claims to be a millionaire is full of shit.

inb4 b-but millionaires like too shitpost too!
Fuck off nigger.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@RumChicken
well i actually have a net worth over a mil.

not everyone on Veeky Forums is a broke 18 year old living in their moms basement.

farquit
farquit

@lostmypassword
It could, but it would require the voter base not be total retards, which they are because of bad schools.

They could open a private one with merit scholarships though

Firespawn
Firespawn

@Nude_Bikergirl
I'd be shocked if any thousandaires lurk Veeky Forums

Flameblow
Flameblow

@VisualMaster
Why don't you rich people ever do something really useful with your money? Like saving the animation and video game industry.
they don't need saving, unless you were talking about japanese animation in which case it should just be allowed to die

SniperWish
SniperWish

@RumChicken

i have over two million pennies in the bank right now, asshole...

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@SniperGod
many words no proof

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@Raving_Cute

yet this is the average person you willingly interact with

Nojokur
Nojokur

@RumChicken
ok. why are you so mad?

massdebater
massdebater

About $700k net and I have a feeling I'm in the top 0,00000000000000000000000000001% of this shitter. So no.

Lunatick
Lunatick

@TurtleCat
Then don't, i don't care.

@BlogWobbles
People in real life aren't much better.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@Nude_Bikergirl
why would they? actually they have prepared advisors who know about markets, stocks, and stuff... unlike Veeky Forums.

Methshot
Methshot

@Flameblow
not liking dragon ball z
consider suicide

TechHater
TechHater

I actually have 6 gorillion jews. Does that make me a millionaire?

TechHater
TechHater

@Lord_Tryzalot
RIP twitter. Go in peace.

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Nude_Bikergirl
Probably not, unless we're talking billionaires in Sao Tome Dobras or Vietnamese Dongs.

@Spamalot
316 million
Post proof.

@w8t4u
hurrrrr you're all poor, underage NEETs
Now you're being dumb.

@VisualMaster
saving the anime industry
very useful

unfortunate smart intellectuals
*tips fedora*

@RumChicken
Lmao.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Nude_Bikergirl
I don't see the problem
They both make me wet AF bby

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Nude_Bikergirl
I got like 4m in assets.

I don't think there has ever been a billionaire on here.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@VisualMaster
Like saving the animation and video game industry

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

there are ~1,800 billionaires in the world
~250 are chinese, ~100 indian, ~100 russian, so let's assume around 1,000 maybe speak enough english to prevail on Veeky Forums.

according to wikipedia in 2015 there were only 46 billionaires under 40 years of age in the whole world and i guarantee you, nobody over 40yo who has a job has heard about Veeky Forums. given the above ratio, maybe half of them speaks english. do you seriously think one of 23 eligible billionaires in the world hangs out on Veeky Forums? that approaches lottery odds to be honest...

Snarelure
Snarelure

@VisualMaster
Why don't you rich people ever do something really useful with your money?
Like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation attempting to fix Africa by throwing billions and billions at crucial health, education and hunger problems?
Naah, fuck that shit. Someone fix the video game industry. That's "really useful" for sure!

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Carnalpleasure
You also have to take into account that only like a few hundred people lurk Veeky Forums, tops. This isn't like /b/ where it gets millions of hits a month.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@Nude_Bikergirl

Veeky Forums, probably not Veeky Forums though

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@VisualMaster
Why don't you rich people ever do something really useful with your money? Like saving the animation and video game industry.

farquit
farquit

@Carnalpleasure
nobody over 40yo who has a job has heard about Veeky Forums

You underestimate how famous is this website.

Just for the year 2016, I saw Veeky Forums mentioned several times in Forbes, New York Times, Daily Mail, Rolling Stone, The Guardian, Newsweek, etc.

I mean, even the Washington Post was talking about fucking /mlp/ one month ago:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/the-grown-men-who-love-my-little-pony-arent-who-you-think-they-are/2016/07/18/d1c1cefe-476f-11e6-acbc-4d4870a079da_story.html

likme
likme

@Carnalpleasure
Not to mention all the times where Veeky Forums is implied but not named in the media:

anonymous
the fappening
dogecoin

Yes, I saw serious newspapers talking about dogecoin.

Techpill
Techpill

@VisualMaster
Fixing education in american schools.
Yeah, I wish we could eradicate the niggers too.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@whereismyname
Official Veeky Forums haircut

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@Nude_Bikergirl
im a 1/3 millionaire

fuckin' ay :)

Booteefool
Booteefool

@VisualMaster
I'm not your personal Jesus, if you want all those problems fixed then do it yourself instead of asking 0.3% of the population to do it for you. Also, the video game industry? Really user? Are you like five? Personally I donate $10.000 to cancer research every month and I consider my civil duties done.

MPmaster
MPmaster

@likme
There are a lot of business reporters on Veeky Forums. Specifically, Bloomberg and Reuters reporters.

General reporting is well represented on /b/.

Major news outlets have their young shitbirds trawling through /pol/ constantly. I see more breaking news on /pol/ before I see it on the big news services. They have to fact check you see. That's probably all I should say.

SniperGod
SniperGod

billionaire here. you're all shit.

g2g lol

Illusionz
Illusionz

Maybe, George Soros sends people to lurk /pol/, so it's not too far off

idontknow
idontknow

@MPmaster
Bloomberg and Reuters people on Veeky Forums
How do you know this?

breaking news on /pol/ before the big news services
True. But also on Twitter. Sometimes /pol/ is late compared to Twitter, sometimes the other way round.

Snarelure
Snarelure

@Booteefool
Patronizing the arts is 100 times worthier than researching cures for diseases we wouldn't have if we didn't poison ourselves like degenerates in the first place.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Snarelure
Still sucks when your favorite artists die from cancer though.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Snarelure
Patronizing the arts
I want to strangle you until you bleed from the eyes.

Evilember
Evilember

@Snarelure
feeding the starving niggers so they can make more starving niggers that need more free shit
He might be euphoric but you're retarded.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@VisualMaster
It's okay to be an uneducated barbarian, user, just don't be so vocal about it.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@VisualMaster
Like saving the animation and video game industry.

Methshot
Methshot

why don't you millionaires do something constructive for once and fold katanas a thousand times or fund my animes

iluvmen
iluvmen

@VisualMaster
Why don't you rich people ever do something really useful with your money?
Like saving the animation and video game industry

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Fried_Sushi
Oh damn I'm gonna get one of these so everyone knows I'm from Veeky Forums

Then EVERYONE will respect me :^)

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@kizzmybutt
If pol wants to use the 4 of clubs path of light card in the apocalypse then biz will use this haircut.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Alki David probably does.

Techpill
Techpill

@Snarelure
Please die of cancer.

Illusionz
Illusionz

@Snarelure
Frank Zappa died of Cancer
he funds cancer research

Sounds good to me man, also go fuck yourself.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@Nude_Bikergirl
I bet Soros does.

@w8t4u
Where else would you go to spot trends online? Serious question.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@w8t4u
if you're not breaking the rules by being underage you should be close to that age and yeah maybe you're a NEET but not everyone is a complete failure but they could still visit Veeky Forums, there is not some other thing that magically appears that is more appealing than Veeky Forums and takes up all your time

Bidwell
Bidwell

@VisualMaster

Wow that was some great bait

eGremlin
eGremlin

@VisualMaster
If I ever got truly rich I would fund anime adaptations of all of my favorite manga series

massdebater
massdebater

@VisualMaster
useful
saving the animation video game industry
save an industry that takes away from scientific and medical advancement on a huge scale by causing millions of kids to waste their lives on shit
lol

WebTool
WebTool

@Nude_Bikergirl
I earn 3,650,000 a year

DeathDog
DeathDog

@VisualMaster
Not spending it on developing myostatin inhibitors in Baghdad then using those plus an insane roid cycle and perfect nutrition, supplementation and training to leave humanity behind

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@MPmaster
There are a lot of business reporters on Veeky Forums. Specifically, Bloomberg and Reuters reporters.
What the fuck would they come here for lol

eGremlin
eGremlin

@DeathDog
be me, affluent harpsichord
drive my car along the beverly hills
as I'm driving I look in my rear view mirror
see humanity
drive faster

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@Nude_Bikergirl
Christian Grey
epitome of male perfection because he jogs and kickboxes
is a billionaire in a short time with starting principal of $100k

Behold
The mind of a modern woman

Skullbone
Skullbone

@Nude_Bikergirl
What`s a billionaire?
In Russia there is a shitload of "oligarchs", but all their capitals are ruled by UK banks in a blind trust scheme.

These guys have a lot of time and yeah, some of them probably are visiting some business forums online, just for reality check-up.

MPmaster
MPmaster

@w8t4u
I'm 22 and make 70k and may make 90k if I get this job. Close enough

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@Nude_Bikergirl
I'm getting close to a billion desu

TechHater
TechHater

@Lord_Tryzalot
We are our own dipshit.
learntoabstract

FastChef
FastChef

@Illusionz
## ## ##

massdebater
massdebater

@Raving_Cute
don't insult me senpai :(
u hurt me tho

I'm almost 19
send some money pls

5mileys
5mileys

@RumChicken
having a million isn't some impossible unattainable thing and having it doesn't make a whole world of difference, if anything it should be the other way around, if you're a poorfag you should be busy trying to make a living and maybe you wouldn't even have a computer to shitpost on, but if you have money you can afford to spend some time on Veeky Forums

iluvmen
iluvmen

@Nude_Bikergirl
dunno but i promise if i make it i will still lurk here

Firespawn
Firespawn

it's all just numbers on a statement/computer screen past a certain point

the only benefit is not having to worry about your financial security anymore and you focus on hobbies to fill time

and shitposting, lots of shitposting

unless you're a narcissist with a personality disorder, which a lot are, then you'll act like ihaz

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Firespawn
the only benefit is not having to worry about your financial security anymore
* better quality of life
* better physical safety and protection
* unlimited travel
* unlimited electronics, toys and discretionary items
* better healthcare and longer life expectancy
* access to better investment opportunities

Shall I go on?

You sound like one of those faggots who says "money doesn't buy you happiness." Well, money may not buy happiness, but it sure as fuck buys things that make people happy. And it certainty eliminates most of the things that make them sad.

Stop being such a salty poorfag. Money may not be everything, but its pretty fucking important.

Techpill
Techpill

@VisualMaster

Are you 13? Or 12?

Firespawn
Firespawn

@happy_sad
* better quality of life
* better physical safety and protection
* unlimited travel
* unlimited electronics, toys and discretionary items
* better healthcare and longer life expectancy
* access to better investment opportunities
none of those things are all that fun compared to a standard middle/upper class lifestyle, and like bill gates said, it's still the same hamburger, you're still just a human being, after a certain point it's diminishing returns as fuck

askme
askme

@Firespawn
it's still the same hamburger
You're absolutely right. A hamburger tastes the same to rich and poor alike.

Except the rich person is eating that hamburger on his luxury yacht cruising the Caribbean with two girls half his age, while his portfolio is multiplying with no effort on his part, and he's doing it well into his 90's.

Meanwhile the poor guy is waking up a 5am to work the first of his two jobs -- one of which is to make the hamburgers -- and hoping that he makes it to 50 before his first debilitating illness.

But yes, they both enjoy their hamburgers equally.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Firespawn
more capital gives diminishing returns

You dumb.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@w8t4u
Im 30. 0 assets. Working on it... But, i got 6 cars and 2 houses. Debt free in April 2018 or before.

Wife makes 30k
I make 60k

Booteefool
Booteefool

@VisualMaster
Cant fix education.

They want sheeple that can work and too dumb to question it.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Raving_Cute
LOL. Cuckshead with a rape dungeon...

Do us proud user.

girlDog
girlDog

@askme
it's all just numbers on a statement/computer screen past a certain point
past a certain point

Being poor sucks, no question.

Earning above $50k takes a strain off a lot of things, but you're still pressured by a job.

But whether you have 1 million as a retired Boglehead or 20 million as a successful entrepreneur or 500 million as a budding tycoon, your time is free to use as you wish and money has majorly diminishing returns.

Inmate
Inmate

@Raving_Cute
Agreed. A mill is shit. My dad has a net worth of about 1.5 mill and barely gets by.

Playboyize
Playboyize

@Snarelure
Africa is starving
I know lets teach them how to fish instead of just giving them fish
Sir they over fished and are starving again

Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in a nutshell

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Hey guys I just started my own Demolition company, anyone have any tips for advertising? I have ads on Craigslist, and a couple reviews on yelp. Looking to expand my reach for my company.

cum2soon
cum2soon

@girlDog
But whether you have 1 million as a retired Boglehead or 20 million as a successful entrepreneur or 500 million as a budding tycoon, your time is free to use as you wish and money has majorly diminishing returns.

Your point is a fair one, and I don't disagree that there's diminishing returns in terms of quality of life. At some point, you simply do have enough wealth to have the life you want and no extra money is going to change that.

However, there's at least two further considerations.

First, there's legacy. Whether its leaving money for your kids or grandkids, making political & social change happen, or simply donating major charitable gifts, the more the better. A $50K charitable gift can do good, a $5 million charitable gift can improves lives, and a $50 million charitable gift can change the world.

Second is risk. A millionaire may be able to make their life they want, but there's no guarantees they'll stay a millionaire. Plenty of 2007 millionaires were not millionaires in 2008.. By contrast, someone with $10 million is going to weather almost any storm, but they still have to be careful not to make too many mistakes. Someone with $500 million just needn't give a fuck. Come hell or high water they'll be passively making more than they spend, even if they actively try to fuck it up.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Nude_Bikergirl
$1 usd = $1,000,000,000 zwd

we can all be billionaires

girlDog
girlDog

@w8t4u
testing

happy_sad
happy_sad

@w8t4u
got me

Nojokur
Nojokur

@lostmypassword
You didn't realize he's mixing currencies.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@cum2soon
Not to mention that you can't create your own space program being only a millionaire.
Always aim for the moon, or asteroids.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@PackManBrainlure
You have to look up how marketing works for small and medium businesses. It's not that hard.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Garbage Can Lid
2 houses and 6 cars on 90k? You must live in bumfuck nowhere and roll a fleet of 90's shitboxes.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Techpill
goll-eee what the fuck happened to this girl?!

StonedTime
StonedTime

@Carnalpleasure
i'm 35 and i post on Veeky Forums. i have been here for 6/7 years and heard about it before that, but stayed away because i heard something about the cheese pizza project and thought it didn't sound wise to visit. i know other people in their late 30's who also visit or did years ago. there are some folks who drop their ages on /pol/ saying they are in their late 40s, even pushing 50.

i used to have a job, but sold my company several years ago. i mentioned it in a previous "billionaires on /biz/" thread and it became pasta, so i don't need to mention it again.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page