What is the value of American citizenship? How valuable is American citizenship in comparison to other countries?

What is the value of American citizenship? How valuable is American citizenship in comparison to other countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups_in_the_United_States_by_household_income
travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/Immigrant-Investor-Visas.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3-zQ4h6HOSQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

300% more valuable because it is the best place on earth. Countries that are not USA are third world

Fixed costs are higher but variable costs are lower. I.e college will fuck you but taxes won't (as much)

Considered how hard it is to get it and how it differs from another countries

What about the cost of living there?

And if you consider the long term, the fixed costs would be lower and variable higher?
I suppose you could say that if you are pursuing the American Dream.

Depends if your white.

I'd like to start a business in the United States on an E2 Investor visa. $50,000 dollars is typically the amount you need to invest in assets to get the visa, obviously I believe more will be better to settle down and afford housing and rent/food. I'd like to start a gym/self defense classes and boot camp fitness style classes.
Anyone have any business advice?

This works best if you have a background in the military and you were an operator.

>Considered how hard it is to get it and how it differs from another countries

My parents waited paitently for 10 years to get their visa, then eventually their green card.

I waited years and went trough the legal process and became a proud citizen.

Meanwhile, some spick who spent zero time in the process and jumped the fence,, will get Amnesty from Obama.

So... how "hard" it is depends on if you're an honest person, or an illegal.

>Meanwhile, some spick
that's racist, what would your civics teacher say if he heard that?

I am Australian, my father is American. I think I am registered as an american citizen.
I am concerned about what they means from a tax perspective. Will I have to pay income tax to both governments? Will the US try to tax my super when I withdraw as if it were a 401k?

Are there any benefits to me for being a citizen who does not live in the US?

That's why the massive support for amnesty among hispanics is such a mystery to white people.
If you were hispanic, and in the situation described, how could you have such support for a policy that would allow others to cut the line while you've waited for years going through legal channels?

It's not necessary but yeah it can help

Worst citizenship possible, because you must pay tax to USA regardless of your actual country of residence.

Wouldn't touch that with a stick.

I think you don't have to worry if you earn less than $95,000 (U.S. dollars) per year since that's generally the threshold for American tax.

If you earn more, consult a lawyer.

The only "benefit" you get from an American citizenship is diplomatic protection when something goes wrong abroad. But Australian citizenship isn't bad either on this level.

Because Mexico guey. Brown power!

Am Mexican, my people aren't the smartest bunch. Also don't think for one second liberals are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. The elite in charge of the party love giving hispanics citizenship. It's basically free votes for them. Also a flooding of the labor market which drives down wages and worker leverage in general. Bernie said it himself that open borders is a Koch Brother's dream. It's all about those dolla dolla bills yall $$$.

>How valuable is American citizenship in comparison to other countries?

There are indices, which passports give you the most access and are the most desired. US is usually somewhere towards the lower end of the top 20.

It probably depends on how much you deal with the US. If you spend a lot of time there or you travel a lot through US customs, then a passport will be incredibly valuable. If you don't come near the US, you can do without.

>my people aren't the smartest bunch
I'll use this part in my next argument.

No real need to be concerned. You'll never pay tax twice. You will need to lodge your tax forms to the IRS each year, though. You will also need to complete an FBAR each year.

'Think' isn't helpful.

This is a true statement

I'm also Australia, currently living in USA on a Greencard (Marriage) doing the citizenship thing (1 more year to go) because my daughter cannot renounce her citizenship until she's 18. The plan is for us to all have citizenship to make it easier to go to and from countries, but if my daughter makes the informed decision to renounce her US citizenship when she's older (at least 18), my US wife will do the same and I'll obviously do the same.

Great country, has a lot of really great things, just the tax implications are a pain in the ass and they're quite invasive in terms of government

Can I take Canadian citizenship as an alternative?

Good bait, nice meme.

If you're obsessed with materialism or a stingy jew, then life in the USA has no equal at all. I'm an Australian citizen but never, ever want to go back there ever again. The only reason I'm still keeping my aus citizenship is for the healthcare in case something happens.

Most americans don't realize this, but the cost of living in the US is one of the cheapest ones in the entire world, almost comparable to third world shitholes. Cars are so fucking dirt cheap, houses and rent is still cheap in rural areas, there's lots of business opportunities to make money under-the-table without the government on your ass, food and consumer goods are dirt-cheap because of the power of the US dollar, etc. Wouldn't want to live in any other country in the world.

That said though, it isn't for everyone. Life in the USA is also full of insane dangerous risks. I think that's the real reason why USA is #1, it's a mix of being a country still full of many opportunities to make it big + a ruthless society that doesn't suffer failures like Europe does, so only the best make it to the top.

>'Think' isn't helpful

One should take advice from Veeky Forums as a starting point for his own research and not as a bona fide tax advice, no?

>the cost of living in the US is one of the cheapest ones in the entire world, almost comparable to third world shitholes

It depends on the state of course, but yeah. Western Europe and Australia have batshit crazy prices in comparison.

However there's more to life than getting the best prices on everything. Bigger income, lower taxes, and a less dangerous life can be had elsewhere (inb4 "youll never make it coz u fear danger lil white boi").

>Western Europe and Australia have batshit crazy prices in comparison.
Can buy property 3 minutes walk to a beach in Australia for under $500,000usd

Compared to California (most similar beaches and climate) it's a fucking bargain.

But at the risk of nitpicking, it's true USA is cheap for a lot of things if/when the exchange rate is favorable.

approx. 5 quarters

In some info picture floating around on the internet I read that, if you have a million USD in liquid assets, you can invest them in the USA and basically get your greencard handed to you, is that true?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups_in_the_United_States_by_household_income

Yes (but you must hire people too).

travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/Immigrant-Investor-Visas.html

Apparently there's also the E2 visa that requires a lesser sum.

Nice. What would be the smartest way to go about this whole ordeal? I wouldn't want to work/manage anything myself, so opening multiple franchise fast-food stores should do the trick, right?

No, because multiple small businesses require an insane amount of management and have a high failure rate.

Well, how does one invest a million bucks and create 10 jobs without huge losses and having to do anything yourself?

You can't get a green card through the E2 Visa

Go on an E2 visa and start a small business and work on that. Once the business is thriving you can open up more locations and hire more people. Go on youtube and look for immigration lawyers, they explain the investor visas in a lot more detail.

$1,776

I think it's worth much less than the one I have (German). At least my country don't ask for tax if I live abroad.

Germany is overrun with dirty refugees and immigrants and you're not allowed to defend yourself.

This is an easy question with an easy answer. The going rate is about $10k-$20k USD. I know this because it is the average amount payed by immigrants (china, india, phillipines) to marry someone in the US for a greencard. I actually know a couple people who have married for cash. I think you have to be married for at least 3 years for it to stick though.

You do, and immigration officials actually grill both of you in multiple interviews to make sure you're actually a married couple and not just doing it for fraud.

youtube.com/watch?v=3-zQ4h6HOSQ

You can apply for a green card as soon as you married. If you apply for a green card and you have been married for less than two years then you can get a conditional greencard that lasts for 3 years, in which you will then have to renew. If you have been married for 2 years and over then you can apply for the typical ten year green card.

How long do those relationships typically last for once the payee has acquired the greencard? Do they file of divorce?

Depends if you are gonna jew the system or if you are going to get jewed by the system.

Lets look at some downsides:
No health care.
Death taxes of up to 40%.
Pay tax when living abroad.

Compared to other countries (ie. Canada):
shitty long wait healthcare of 5 months +.
No death tax.
Tax when living abroad???
High taxes.
Expensive costs of living.

Clearly the US is better but they will get their money from that 2 million dollar house from your kids when you pass away.

From what I heard, you have to at least live with each other for those 3 years, or at least pretend to. Yes, you can file divorce after and still retain your citizenship.

>You do, and immigration officials actually grill both of you in multiple interviews to make sure you're actually a married couple and not just doing it for fraud.
I must be new here. I married a USC and got my Greencard about 18 months ago and I've yet to speak to an actual immigration official. My wife hasn't either.

Well I guess I spoke to the lady at Abu Dhabi Airport at the US immigration checkpoint because I had to give the final paperwork to someone. She took my photo and confirmed where to mail the Greencard.

How do you come across people who want money for marriage? That's really a last resort thing if ever but I'd like to marry someone that I love legitimately.

Usually word of mouth. Do you have any asian friends? Odds are that someone knows someone. Its usually an aunt/daughter/cousin that they want to bring over.

In my experience this doesnt happen very often, although I know someone who did get called in for further questions from INS. She said it was pretty casual and they just asked for proof that they both live at the same address. She supplied them with letters written back and forth and wedding photos/video and this seemed to appease them.

I'm not an american citizen

Gotcha. I wouldn't suggest just randomly asking people online lol. Do you know anyone in the US who could ask around for you? If not I would suggest a temporary visitor/work visa and make friends while you are here. You would be suprised how many people would be willing to marry for cash.

I want to go on an E2 visa and start a small business in a sector I have experience in already. Work visas are hard to get for someone like me.

Still the best country on earth, still the easiest market to start a business and prosper.

We do have our problems though....

>hey guys, how valuable is american citizenship?
>HURR ILLEGALS HURR

And you aspies wonder why nobody wants to be your friend or work with you.

And for when you inevitably call me a cuck, I'd like to say that I actually am against illegal immigration, I just, as a socially adjusted human being, that there's a time and a place to discuss it.

>best country on earth
Traveled much, user?

Fuck off we're full