So I live in California and I'm looking to purchase about an acre of untouched land zoned for farming

So I live in California and I'm looking to purchase about an acre of untouched land zoned for farming.

What should I grow Veeky Forums? Safe money is on something..well..safe. But the legalized pot industry is emerging and I'd like to get on it on the ground floor. However, the county has a population of like 2000 people and they're mostly white christian conservatives so I feel a militant backlash.

Pls advise

You won't be able to compete with giant corporate pot farms once it's legalized. The price will drop substantially as well.

It's like saying going into the corn business with one acre of land.

Okay so thats out. I dont wanna buy into the mushrooms meme but i understand that potted landscaping trees are pretty damn lucrative

Does the land have water hook ups? Shits crazy expensive to get installed if not.

It has a stream running through it

What's your plan to get the water out and to your crops?

Is this a weed thread?
What weed stocks do I buy to profit from legalization?

My idea was to grow small landscaping trees in pots and hook them up to a drip irrigation system that is fed by an electric pump in the stream.

read the fucking post

Does this farm land have electric running to it?

Gas or solar would eat all of your profit margin.

It has access to power lines yeah

It can be expensive to get a line and meter installed. You would probably need a shed/ barn as well. Plus a truck, tools, fence to keep out thieves.

I'm an outdoorsman and would probably be homeless by choice if it werent for the criminals in the city. I'll be starting it off by building most of everything by myself. Plus, the land is heavily forested in some parts with good pines which a lumber company is willing to buy off me, likely recouping most of what i spend on the land.

Well it might be possible if you can do a lot of it yourself. You'll probably have to deal with getting permits for the water pump, building a house/ barn.

One acre isn't much land... You're going to be competing with nurseries that have a lot more land, distribution abilities, and ability to undercut your prices.

If you're a serious hard worker you might be able to pull this off, but it won't be easy money.

Grow Saffron with your one acre.

Hell, go vertical.

It is fucking expensive per pound don't you know.

1600 a pound expensive.

Fuck off

Shit you're right it is. Thanks for the input

Permits XD if you live in the country you dont fuck with that lol

Lot of those fuckers around, only selling to a few meme restaurants.

Calling it local, homemade & highjacking the price can work.

>XD
kys

>county has a population of like 2000 people

That puts you in either Alpine or Sierra county. Neither is an ideal climate for pot growing.

If you're only going to be farming an acre, I'd say find some boutique heirloom crop and establish yourself as a reliable provider.

>making money farming one acre

No user.

Better read up on California water law. If your deed doesn't specify water rights to the stream, any use you make of the water is an illegal diversion. You'll be fined out the ass.

To make a pound of saffron, you'll need around 67.950 flowers of saffron, harvested manually.

(you need 150 flowers to make 1 gram, 1 pound equals 453 grams)

>kys

grow up kid

What license are you going for? For a MMRSA or an AUMA one? What size? Are you on prime soils? Is there less than 15% sloping? Are you sure your county isn't going to outlaw outdoor growing (with AUMA and MMRSA counties are allowed to do that, and will be). What region do you live in? If you're in the central valley mexicans will literally come and cut down your crop in the middle of the night, if you try and stop them they'll simply kill you. If you're in LA or the bay area you're fucked, because nobody will care about a small farmer that has just started growing, small farmers there have been established since the beginning of prop 215.

>California
>Conservatives
Pick one

Seriously though OP, you wont have any backlash at all in that communist state from growing weed.

There's a bit of space in CA other than the bay area and LA.