tfw my 4 year old son just asked me why we can't afford a nice school bag (he wanted the $40 one)

> tfw my 4 year old son just asked me why we can't afford a nice school bag (he wanted the $40 one)
>tfw he has to carry all his school supplies in his lunch box
>It's literally a shipping box i found on the street

am i a bad dad?
how do i make money so i can make my son happy?

Why are you so desolate?

Feels threads belong on /b/

craigslist.com, jobs.com, monster.com, indeed.com, apply to 6 million jobs.

His mother took all of my money, and i have to pay her an insane amount of alimony monthly.

destitute?

basically depends how old you are with the internet you should know better if you are 25+ to not have kids/marriage

i mean 25 or lower im 27 but i could have gotten tricked at like 18 or 19 so theres some consideration. You got cucked hard. Do your best for your son your stupid kid doesnt need anything special when he is four instill in him lessons

about life. tell him there are two things that matter. lifting and making money.

J.U.S.T

>Have custody of your son
>Still have to pay your wife who does not have custody alimoney

wut

poor little womyn can't fend for herself

Nope. In order for a woman to be found unfit for custody in a US divorce court she has to basically be declared human trash.

Something doesn't add up.

you're not a bad dad. dust off the resume and look for better paying jobs. or pick up sidejobs. preferably under the table sidejobs to avoid alimony increase (not sure it works like that though).

I was raised by a single mom who had to put her career ambitions on the backburner to care for me. It sucked not having the nicest things all the time, but she always made sure we lived in a great school district, and always paid for instruments, lessons, etc. By 20 I was making as much as she was (50k/year) because she sacrificed so much for me. As a kid, I sometimes wished she earned more money so I could have nicer things. As an adult, I understand completely why things were the way the were, and I love her so much for raising me the right way. I also appreciate money much more than I would if I was a rich kid.

>TLDR your son will understand and love you as long as you're a good dad

go to the school, ask the front desk for help.

most places in the US have piles of school supplies for poor kids. All you have to do is ask.

also apply for food stamps and rent assistance if it's available there. Single parents often qualify. It'll save you money that you can then spend on your son.

I just wanted to say sorry that you have a kid. I'm sure parenthood has its upsides but holy shit when I see young parents looking exhausted as fuck at work I don't envy it one bit.

>son gets bullied daily about ghetto lunchbox
>grows up, bullying gets worse
>enough is enough
>steals gun
>shoots dad in sleep before school
>goes to school, killing spree
>shoots himself when cops raid

A-am I a b-bad dad Veeky Forums?

You fell for the marriage meme

Only way out is to not play the game

Drop the kid off at his mom's house and then disappear off the grid and work a job that pays under the table

Story or >>>out because this sounds like fishy r9k bullshit.

>live with single mom growing up
>1993 she's making ~65k a year
>1997 she's making 70k a year and my sister is born (long story on this)
>1999 she loses her job
>uses all her savings to get by until she can find a new one
>2004 rolls around, finally gets new job
>makes 90k a year
>pays off debt accrued while out of work
>gets fired in 2007 due to fag of a boss
>gets new job almost right away
>85k a year, but they pay her car insurance and gas milage
>we finally move out of shitty appartment to a nice house in a small town in 2011
>mom loses job AGAIN in 2012
>gets 6 months severancd
>finds another job almost right as severence ends
>now only makes 75k a year, plus bonus & company pays for gas
Man, there were many times we all almost ended up on the street.

My mom never took a dime from my father for child support. She knew he would not be able to pay it, and always believed people should not pay what they cannot afford.

She was also a heavy smoker, a pack a day at a certain point. She quit recently, and acknowledges that if she stopped smoking after I was born we'd probably be very well off. Now that she's 60, she's afraid she won't be able to retire soon, cause I'm basically a waste of fucking space with a shitty wageslave job and my sisters no better off.

Your mom earned an average of what, at least $5k a month? What the fuck do you mean you almost lived on the street?

And after all that hard work you are knowingly a waste of space? Get a job ffs.

She spent well over 1k on cigarettes alone, and our rent at our apartment was 1.3k a month. I really have no idea where any of her money ever went, to be honest. We never ate more than $600 a month worth, and we didnt go out to do things a lot.

I fucked up in life. I have no references that will speak highly of me, except my current employers. Hell, my boss even told me if it wasn't for my friend I would not havr been hired, and that it would have been his biggest mistake.

your mom did well wow. 65k in 1993... thats really good money. I make that in 2016.

She's a property manager with tons of experience. She did the work of at least 4 people, and got paid rightfully. She recently had a stroke, and her current company had to hire 3 extra people to replace what she could do. She's fully recovered and back to working, and apparently they fired 2 of the 3 people they hired cause they were all fucking useless. I learned a great deal about working hard from her, and it shows in my current work. Sadly, it won't do me too much good.

Explain this to him. He can't have nice things because his mom is taking all the money to buy herself nice things.

Stop being a whiny cunt and do something for yourself.

am i the only one wondering why your mom kept losing her job? Something doesnt add up

literally just shill nimirum.org links stop being a faggot

If what you say is true (which I doubt) if you really loved your son you would give your wife custody.

Needs to be below human trash, probably meaning in jail or found guilty of child abuse/molestation. Plenty of crack whores and meth heads have full custody of their kids.

Pretty much, but add the fact that he doesn't need to worry about it and that one day you hope he will understand.
Maybe make sure to keep him far from degeneracy as much as you can, show him DBZ, tell him about lifting, to have good grades that if he keeps up will be able to go into a prestigious uni that looks like in Haret Potter etc etc
If you want to dissapear tell him a way to find you in the future
Make him browse /pol/ not really but still you know

> keep him from degeneracy
>have him watch DBZ
>show him /pol/

That's not how it works

This.

True

he fell for the being poor meme. if he had gone to school and given a shit about his life before having a kid, he could support a family without any trouble. he's no more miserable than a poor single dude who never got married, he just buys less alcohol/doritos.

ALIMONY.
L
I
M
O
N
Y.

The best time to fix your situation is now thought. Acknowledging is already being partway there (the easy part).

You have internet access and you cant afford a backpack for your son?

>>priorities

>can't afford $40 backpack
>can afford to be posting from a computer or smartphone

nice try faggot

Fuck you nothing pisses me off more than poor fags who reproduce knowing they can't even afford themselves

That would be considered rich around here.

Watch this movie OP

Your son should be afraid to ask for such a thing. He needs discipline and days in the hotbox

First time she quit because of sexual harrassment. Sued the guy, and won $125k.
Second time, she told her boss "Sir somethings not right in the contracts, have the lawyers look it over" Her boss didn't, and the tenants basically didn't have to pay rent. Like, ever. So he fired my mom cause "you cost me millions. Why didn't you say it would do that???"
Third time was cause, in self defence, she hit a tenant. The guy came at her with a knife, and she threw her computer at him. All because she told the bailiff to lock him out for not paying rent 5 months in a row.

>You fell for the marriage meme
Is there even a way for a guy to have kids without being married?
Yeah, in a woman's case, if she wants kids but doesn't want to deal with a man in her life, she could just find the hottest guy at a club, get get knocked up one night and leave.
But a man has to somehow convince a woman to carry his kid for 9 months and then give it up to him, and then leave him alone.

seems like a pattern. If everyone else seems like the problem, it's probably you.

Will Smith is a nigger

Pay a surrogate. You'll probably end up saving money in the long run.

Kys

>Woman gets all this fucking money
>Literally swimming in cash
>70-90k per year ffs
>"OMG we were destitute"
>Lawsuit wins over $100k
>"Shit was HARD! We were almost homeless!"

Oh fuck off asshole