Tell me how you made your first million, Veeky Forums

Tell me how you made your first million, Veeky Forums

no inheritence fags

>me
>24yo, been working in startups exclusively as programmer
>network the fuck out of events
>get invitation to join existing startup with people I knew two years back, got equity stake of 5%
>we sold the company for $200million three years later

got jewed a lot by the government after that but still just working on my own stuff which is nice

if you have a million, youre fat better than 99% of Veeky Forums

Im still working my way up to my first million, through my dedication to kneepads

far*

Crowd fund a Bitcoin themed card game

nice

I was one of the first few people to jump on the bitcoin train. Bought $5,000 worth of bitcoin when it was only $.20. Sold it at $700.

you lucky fuck

DINK. I took control of our finances.
Made sure we both got our degrees and got good jobs.
Live below means. Often times called cheap. Maximized all retirement contributions. Paid down debts. Do not "keep up with the Jone's". Eat left overs. Hard work. Constant skill improvement. Worked side jobs.
Next steps are real estate, more aggressive short term investing, and side businesses.

I'm a wagecuck. It's too late for me.

I'll take shit that never happened for 1000 Alex.

You'd probably do even more by crowd funding a card game themed memecoin.
Then you just have to shill it to Veeky Forums for a pump & dump.

Nice reddit meme, baus

crypto trading. my net worth is $3,7XX,XXX

i sometimes just gift random people shit on omegle

I did inherit the home I stay in as well as a couple of cars and such with a couple hundred grand, a rolex and other shit like that, but I turned about $175,000 USD into $2,5XX,XXX USD in 4 years via some risky shit.

someone will probably guess who i am but i haven't been around in a while so maybe i've been forgotton

not that user, not even gonna post on this thread anymore, but I've read what he posted on Veeky Forums way before reddit even existed.

Gifting me a grand or two would literally change my life right now.

why are you using X instead of numbers?
I get that you probably don't know the exact number after the first 2 digits,
but why not just post 3.7 million / 3 million 700k

is this the new role-playing thread?

>be me
>invest in Apple and Microsoft in the 90s
>then invest in Google in the 2000s
>then invest in Tesla in 2007
>same time I sold oil I bought at $30 per barrel for $120 at peak oil
>predicted the recession and made a killing in shorting and buying cheap

>implying I'm not a multi gorzillion air

The Doge meme is already in the game, time to shill

I bought every coin shilled here

is that mochizuki?

desu in the same boat.

Though I can manage with risky loans traded immediately for less risky investments and then assets (on that investment) that can pay the loan immediately while giving me a return.

For me it was a combo of working at a tech company and buying real estate during the downturn

>multi gorzillion air
like an alien airline company?

That's amazing if true. Props to your foresight, or at least to your gambler's eye.

Did you pay your taxes when you converted your BTC to USD?

>700k
>post in here if you had a million
Do you even fucking READ???

Not me, I work in a warehouse and need funds to quit while I get my real estate gig off the ground.

you missed the decimal.

My father gave me a small loan of $1,000,000.

$5,000 / $0.20 = 2,5000
$750 * 25,000 = $18,750,000

for as much hate as this guy gets, turning a million into ten billion is not as easy as trump's enemies make it out to be.

Oh, I didn't turn it into ten billion. In fact I just blew the money on girls, cars and drugs.
You only asked about the first million.

Yea, you and about 5 billion+ other people

You're not special. Fuck off

MOOT

Learn 2 finance

Flipped luxury items on ebay and made 15k, started my own restaurant and sold it for 800k, used the 800k and turned it into 3.8 million by shorting everything I could find in England before brexit. Made a few bucks on McAffee Got This

> This whole thread

fuck man goals, love my current gf but her finacial literacy is basically abysmal
>haven't seen any personal growth in the past year or so of dating
>hasn't saved more than 100$ regardless of working part time job while living at home w/ rents,0 expenses.

love her but i think things are coming to an end

Good luck to you user. Im in pretty much the same boat

>$10 billion

kek. Keep drinking the cool aid buddy

Own a tiling company and made 2.1 million last year

>mfw when people fall for the steam meme

wolong pls
What platform do you trade on?

Well I'm a thousandaire.
I'll make a milly one of these days.

He was also slotted straight out of school into a high level managerial position at his dad's real estate company. He inherited his dad's connections and network. And he inherited the Trump company worth several hundred million when his dad died. And he's extremely old, he has went through a lot of economic growth in his time. His net worth is also 4.5 billion. The loan was also worth 6.7 million accounting for inflation.

IIRC his annual ROE is only 10%. Buffett's is 20% which is evidenced by him worth 15 times more and starting with nothing. Icahn's is 30%.