My starting portfolio

Anyone else just starting out in long-term investments?

Feels quite good desu.

Pic related.

Also, rate my portfolio thread I guess.

Or everyone busy shilling coins?

its shit . also probably fake.

Where's the gold?

>he didn't put all of his money in Trumpcoin

Well we must moon without him.Sad!

Okay.

Not sure if serious. Was thinking of adding some bonds though.

time machine ready

You don't like gold or something? For a portfolio of that size, you should have just a 1 oz coin. I recommend a scuffed Canadian Maple Leaf. They're usually closest to spot.

>Bonds
Good luck with those. Yield's getting scarcer.

For any fund that charges a fee to own it, is it worth to own a few shares like that? How do you pay the fee or is it automatically deducted?

It's a % fee, not a flat fee. Obviously buying 2 dollars worth of stock with a $10 commission would not be good. (Stock has to x10 just to break even)

But if you have 1000 in an ETF that charges a small %, that's fine. It'll end up being like $5.

I would only invest in that shit if i was old as shit and had a crap ton of money. 7/10 if you are +67 years old

3/10 if you are young

THAT stz chart tho,.... what a fking beast holy hell

1/3

2/3

3/3

DO NOT COPY. This portfolio is not for beginners.

>I would only invest in that shit if i was old as shit

Isn't the opposite true though? Something like this needs time to grow, and obviously I'm gonna add money regularly.

This is the beginning of a retirement portfolio, don't get me wrong. I don't plan on making trading my job, I make money in other ways.

>inb4 sucking dick

STZ is awesome, and the lovely thing is, it ain't got shit to do with the overall market because people will drink and smoke regardless of everything else.

No, you can afford to take a much bigger risk. Old peeps cant. Thats the main thing. You only have to hit 1 priceline to be SET.

I'm not saying I won't make riskier investments too with a part of my funds but right now I need to get my shit together because I'm a freelancer with no pension plan and I'd rather not starve at age 50.

PCLN 7->1400 in 13 years. For a 20000% gain 1538% roi annualized.

>2 shares
Why even invest?

>ATVI
my darkside nigga. Thoughts on EA by any chance?

EA is great. A bit more conservative than ATVI who take higher risks (movie studio, new IP, king buy). Obviously ATVI's blue sky scenario is better than EA's but EA has much less downside.

>long term
>investments
>stocks

Pick one.
user, stocks are all well and good but what if it tanks? Consider stock options. Oil. Etf's. Maybe physical investments like real estate and actual precious medals.

In any case you took some initiative so good luck!

Well yeah, ETFs are about 70% of the portfolio as it is.

I like to have a REIT in there for the low correlation and regular dividends (PSB) and STZ is a sin stock and doing great.

Obviously nothing is set in stone but it's a start.

Is there a tutorial or something about investing in stocks? Really new at this and sticky seems to have nothing.

For basic understanding, there are some great courses on Coursera.

For more advanced understanding, I wouldn't know, yet.

Well done, OP. However you are home-biased. Try and diversify your portfolio...

Best of luck...

You're an idiot. That's all gonna tank

Thanks.

As for home bias, I'm actually from Montenegro (Europe, non-EU) but I focused on the US market for now.

Will aim to diversify into international indexes and perhaps emerging markets, but kinda nervous about the Eurozone potentially imploding as I don't have the knowledge to predict the consequences of big political shifts in Europe.

In the US at least we know that all governments act literally the same way to slightly different extents and with different marketing tactics.