Monero: Bitcoin 2.0

DarkNet markets have officially adopted Monero as their new currency.

It is Bitcoin, but with better privacy, so illegal trade can be done 100% anonymously and even NSA can't spy on you.

If you want to stay poor, don't buy it now.

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/read/monero-cryptocurrency-dark-net-drug-dealers-hope-more-anonymous-than-bitcoin-alphabay
np.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/4z0wm3/alphabay_market_launched_first_phase_of_monero/?
news.bitcoin.com/leading-dark-net-markets-support-monero/
deepdotweb.com/2016/08/23/alphabay-oasis-markets-begin-accepting-monero-payments/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Monero- currency of the future

Bitcoin- WE WUZ BLOCKCHAIN AN SHEEEITT

Monero isn't that much better, but it is perfect for illegal dark net purchases, which was pretty much the only intrinsic value of Bitcoin.

This is why I bought this shit for a few k, I don't see the downside.

Oh wow, so my few k gets reduced to 1k, ok. Well, if dark net markets adopt it, then that 1k can grow into 50k.

Wow... I was literally thikning about selling all my ETC last night and buying Monero.. Didnt do it.

How high do you guys see it going, I just bought at the top, if the dark net has accepted it it will go up right?

>How high do you guys see it going, I just bought at the top, if the dark net has accepted it it will go up right?

On 1st of September dark nets just begin trading it. So the growth is on from there. This is only the beginning, I bought my bag with some BTC and will hold for months to come at least.

I think it can be a good long term hold until an EVEN BETTER coin comes along.

If dark net markets would not have adopted it, I would not care.

>I just bought at the top

Veeky Forums - Business and Finance

>top

Cool crystal ball, ever heard about long term investing?

Look at google trends, does that look like top to you? Ethereum in comparison

In fairness it could still go a little higher in the short term.

Man, I cant believe i missed this train.. Was at fucking work while it was pumping... KILL ME.

I sold all of it for a loss and im going to re enter after the dump happens.

Top kek if you think this is replacing btc

>missed the train

Look at this picture, retard:
Do you know what it is?

It is Ethereum google trends search volume compared to Monero.

Ethereum isn't actually used anywhere and it is still high as hell.

Monero has potential of replacing Bitcoin in dark net markets, which is the only place that really matters.

So put 2 and 2 together and just sit tight a few months or years.

kek wills ETC to be number one

monero may take on dark net but ETC will dominate mainnet cry faggots

Explain how it isn't. More anonymity and this is what matters for dark net markets.

Im talking about the pump and dump that will inevitably happen, probably could have doubled my bag of XMR if I caught it at the right time, I am still going to buy as much as I can.

I don't get it. Call me a newfag but is literally everyone here just pretending to be retarded with these literally who coins and buying them? Or are you guys actually this dumb and dumping thousands into this garbage?

because monero isnt the only anonmyous coin out there

Vcashs main priority is anonymity

but with the way things are going things like ETC,LSK will win, no one wants to use dark nets, but people will use internet 2.0 3.0 what ever the fuck you want to call it via decentralized dapps bapps w.e

monero is nothing more then a p and d

Watch faggots yeah i didnt buy into monero, sounds like some spanish bullshit

ETC is going to hit 20 dollars sometime soon i will then sell and buy back at 10 dollars

Pump & dumps always happen, what do you expect from volatile cryptos? I have been so far in profits with all of my long term crypto investments (BTC, Ethereum, Monero) it is just important to buy early if the crypto has intrinsic potential and sit tight for months or years.

>because monero isnt the only anonmyous coin out there
>Vcashs main priority is anonymity

Cool, which dark net markets are accepting vcash?

cool, how often are you buying illegqal shit from the darkweb?

im saying monero is not special

>LSK will win
stopped reading there. LSK is even more useless than ethereum. At least ethereum has lots of dapps beinf developed, LSK doesn't even have those

lsk just came out not that long ago faggot

lisk is going to be mainstream surface faggots and big money

eth will be sub stream uses

dgb will dominate games

and monero will be used like the peso

See since i said monero was shit and cry when you see etc fly monero dropped 300k fucking FAGGOTS

Quite often :')

>lisk is going to be mainstream surface faggots and big money
none of that is going to happen, I am sorry the truth hurt your sthitcoin holder feelings

i own no lisk atm faggot

should I buy in late or wait for it to drop first?

it dropped, rebounded, and volume is lower now. good time to buy.

Its high now compared to 24 hours ago, sure, but dont be stupid and wait another 24 hours

ITT shills

I actually just came here to laugh

How do I buy monero?

gotta trade for it from another currency.

poloniex just disabled deposits and withdrawals for monero.

possible moon

Does this mean monero is now firmly in law enforcements sights?

Im in on Monero.

I feel the moon comming.

Cool, hopefully when the dnms adopt it and people want to cash out they won't have to prove they made their money wasn't from drugs.

im a newfag. what's a moon?

Value rockets to moon you mongrel

The way I see it, Monero has got huge upside potential up until the 1st of September because of speculation and lack of other news. The market is going to trade it up in sorta 'legged' trend fashion up to maybe $7-10.

Once september hits, if it's adopted successfuly there will be a massive spike, and it will end up at $20 or something by the end of September.

OR

There will be some key flaw with it and it will flop and descend to under $4 before moving up again to $5-6 on shorters taking profit before it begins the slow descent of shame back to $1 over the next 6 months.

Either way getting in now is pretty safe up until 1st of September.

Aw man, I only have 7 moneros in my pocket and only 0.08 moneros mined in 1 month. :/

Let us be real, many druggies all over the world and other baddies as well use deep web all the time. If Monero replaces Bitcoin in Deep Web, then there is no use of Bitcoin anymore. Nobody cares about Bitcoin really in the real world.

Facts are not shilling senpai

>poloniex just disabled deposits and withdrawals for monero.

Why would they do that?

Re-syncing wallet.

Why would they do that?

crucial price discovery phase + dark net interest = ???

I hope lots of you guys got in early. I've been gently shilling it for months now. Paying it forward since I first heard about it here.

Remember, Monero isn't a premine pnd shitcoin. It has a wide distribution so it doesn't have a small group that benefits disproportionately from successful shilling.

Don't let highly motivated vocal minorities distort discussions on Monero.
Eg this guy

Would you say Monero is a good long term investment?

I'm in it for the long term definitely. As far as I can tell this is the best money in existence for now. I'm just going to sit on my monero until enough people realise this fact. I'll be cashing out for everyday goods and services if the time ever comes.

I remember watching videos of A Antonopolous where he said that a better version of Bitcoin could take over and ever since then I've been on the lookout for bitcoin's replacement. IMO Monero could be it. Literally bitcoin 2.0 like in the OP. Since that video I've learned more about crypto and found some more clever people to listen to. I've lost a lot of respect for AA recently since he's refused to look at xmr properly. It's his loss but his attitude really shits me.

It's like since he is now a whale in bitcoin and ethereum, he doesn't want to hear about anything else. Under the current status quo he's set for life. Reminds me of people in the same position with fiat and the current financial system. Something to watch out for I guess, I'm sure we're all susceptible to it.

How in the fuck would I buy monero?? And where does the money go, i still don't understand the bitcoin, who is holding this currency, peer to peer trading?

i bought a few dozen monero. nothing huge as i just wanna see where it goes. does it have more advantages to BTC.. other than faster transactions and more anonymity?

Buy monero from Poloniex with bitcoin from wherever (I use CoinJar in Australia) . People might start selling it directly for Fiat soon if the price stays high. Localbitcoins maybe even. Sorry bro but I'm not going to help you anymore than this. You're on biz, you should know crypto basics.

The biggest thing imo is fungibility. This means that each coin is worth just as much as every other coin since they are indistinguishable. Bitcoin is not fungible because every transaction can be traced. Therefore any coin that can be traced back to something like ransomware or an exit scam could potentially be refused as payment by those who don't want to be associated with crimes or whatever else. These coins would therefore be worth less than coins that are accepted everywhere. (think how food stamp dollars that are sold at a discount to real dollars because they can't buy cigarettes or alcohol) That kinda breaks the currency since not every bitcoin is worth the same amount. You can even check the "taint" level of coins on blockchain.info

Other features include:
>A gradually declining block reward instead of halvenings.
>A tail emission to retain mining incentives without relying only on fees alone.
>A mining algorithm that is far more resistant to asics and centralisation.
>Automatic block size scaling (the tail emission is crucial for this to work)

That's what I've got off the top of my head.

You'll need a debit card in order to buy bitcoin from LocalBitcoins from legit users. You'll need to enter in your online bank account and send the money to his address. You should buy bitcoin from somebody who has an account at the same bank as you, that way the transaction won't take 1 working day. Preferably do it in weekdays.

The bitcoins will be deposited at your localbitcoins wallet(the buyer should easily see your address when he clicks on your username) and from there you go to Poloniex where you click deposit and you send the bitcoins from localbitcoins to Poloniex.

Man here's a multi-milliondollar idea: please someone do it.

Make an app. That lets people post 'odd jobs' in their local area... that allows payment with things like Monero.

That way you can earn money without paying tax, completely untracebly.

You could even set up businesses or if your a chick, whore yourself out with no way for the IRS or anyone to track you down.

Infact if you're a crack whore, then you could whore for monero, and then buy crack from the darknet direct to your dumpster without ever touching a single US dollar.

thx user, thats pretty informative

I hate monero more than i hated eth

fuck this hispanic sounding garbage

It is actually from Esperanto language.

not gonna lie Monero sounds like a third world low budget crappy crypto. Then again Bitcoin isn't that strong of a name either.

hur the community act like NPCs hur I hate mexicans

I'm sick of you shitting up biz. Fuck off.

>search term
LOL
>thinking this is in any way correlated to the price
LOL
LOL
LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL

>Infact if you're a crack whore, then you could whore for monero, and then buy crack from the darknet direct to your dumpster without ever touching a single US dollar.

awww. the future!

DUMP TIME FAGGGOTSQQQ!!!

motherboard.vice.com/read/monero-cryptocurrency-dark-net-drug-dealers-hope-more-anonymous-than-bitcoin-alphabay

Monero is in the news now. It has officially begun. Wait til you get XMR/USD, XMR/EUR exchanges.

It's really stupid to "hate it because it sounds hispanic"

But that said, a catchier name would help it go mainstream. Or at least give it a more mysterious name if you want it to be the king currency of dark markets.

one thing i think of is their was conspiracies suggesting something called Amero would be new money Monero Amereo hmm

This is meant for criminals doing drug purchases.

Mainstream gives no shit about that.

And criminals dont care about the name.

Why ? Dark nets are accepting it from sept 1. Why dump now?

Basically this

People have been saying it sounds like spic garbage for ages

I'm not sure why faggot shills have starting shilling this trash, faggots are looking for a new flavor of the month coin I guess

The fuck are you talking about? Not aware of a single DN Market that deals in Monero. Source, bought from two within the last week.

What's with everyone talking about September 1st as though it's already happened? It's still August fuckfaces and if Alphabay ain't switching then neither am I

>The fuck are you talking about? Not aware of a single DN Market that deals in Monero. Source, bought from two within the last week.

Many will be accepting on September 1.

>>The fuck are you talking about? Not aware of a single DN Market that deals in Monero. Source, bought from two within the last week.
>Many will be accepting on September 1.
sauce

np.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/4z0wm3/alphabay_market_launched_first_phase_of_monero/?

Supposedly TWO of them MIGHT support it as early as the first.

>news.bitcoin.com/leading-dark-net-markets-support-monero/

Monero's been around for TWO FUCKING YEARS. It's not new, it's not better, and you can't buy it anywhere near as easily as Bitcoin.

MMW - Alphabay will back down on this and will not implement it on the first. And as far as Oasis - who the fuck cares? They're a nobody. No one uses Oasis.

wtf i hate xmr now

u dont need a private server to be spied on, they can watch your computer without internet dumb fucks.

kek Veeky Forums still sucking vitaliks limp dick, eth failed, etc is a failure as well no use case, darknet is what made bitcoin and darknet will pump monero to over $1000 mark my words.

>Monero's been around for TWO FUCKING YEARS. It's not new, it's not better

It is better, because more anonymity and faster.

>MMW - Alphabay will back down on this and will not implement it on the first.

What is MMW and how do you know Alphabay won't implement it?

Dropping. Could use a nice pump rite now

Mark My Words. And I say they won't support it because there's nothing at all to indicate a coming changeover and these sorts of things are massively complicated. They can't simply turn on another payment method, they need an entire system to handle storage, rotating addresses, escrow, etc and if they actually were doing that they'd be bragging about it constantly.

Don't fix what isn't broken is a pretty good motto for the most used black market out there.

But they say here they will accept:
deepdotweb.com/2016/08/23/alphabay-oasis-markets-begin-accepting-monero-payments/

They already are implementing it idiot

man I'm lucky as shit. I moved almost all my bitcoin into monero after the finix hack. My thinking was the hacker may move his stolen btc into monero so his coins wouldn't be traceable. Then this dnm shit goes down and I triple my money lol.

Should I cash out or do you guys think this has room to grow? I've been off and on monero since last december and it seems like a solid tech but seems there are a few competitors in the user coin space that scare me. On the other hand, I sold my ether at ~4$ after quadrupling my money and really regretted it. I could see monero going to the same +10$ space.

If you think about it, monero may soon be the only cryptocurrency that is actually being used for something other than speculation.

I would hold until 1st sept at least. I'm going to buy a lot tomorrow, and see what happens after sept 1st

Ideal would be to realize some profit then wait a bit for darknet adoption basicallyon a gree ride imo.