Guys, why isn't there a stock that is universally known to always go up?

Guys, why isn't there a stock that is universally known to always go up?

Think about it. If there was a stock that everyone knew would constantly go up forever, every day there would be new and new buyers trying to get in. And there would be little sellers because it would always be making gains and everyone knew it would keep going.

It's like a big money pot where everyone is constantly profiting because everyone is putting money in.

This would occur if there was only one stock on the market. So if everyone relaxed and traded one stock we could all be rich.

Other urls found in this thread:

yobit.net/en/trade/YOVI/BTC#6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Uninstall Veeky Forums.

Holy fuck this is dumb

You're describing a ponzi scheme, you fucking retard.

How is it dumb?

If there was no fear of selling and everyone wanted to keep getting in, ofc some people would jump out to profit but they'd come back since everyone is buying and stock is swarming constantly, then literally everyone is making money.

Are you fucking dumb, a Ponzi scheme is when you take investors money to pay off other investors.

That is in no way what I am describing. What I am saying is perfectly legal.

You're right, there's no one at the top so it can't be a ponzi scheme.
It's just a regular pyramid scheme, with the same problem of requiring unsustainable exponential growth to maintain returns.

Everytime there is a market scare from anything political the market will fuckin crash.

It's not quite a pyramid scheme though because all the investors would be profiting, there is nobody forcing investors to put their money in and profit off them

yes, the problem would be the price becomes too inflated and collapses like a pyramid effect. but what if investors were never scared so it never collapsed. for example, if there was a market with one stock. there is no fear because that is the only stock available to trade. everyone is taking profit and going back in.

it might sound silly but

>everyone is taking profit and going back in.
Why?
What does the stock produce?

My negger, speculation isn't the only think that causes people to simultaneously pull out of the market.
>oil shortages
>war
>declining economy
>unfavorable election results

let's say the one stock is literally just the market. so the stock price is what the market is valued at (same). it wouldn't really matter, since it's all investors could trade.

the only problem I can think of is the price inflates so much the stock becomes valued so high no investors can afford any shares so out of fear people start dumping

Yeah it was called IBM, went relative to the market for a century. It tanked 2 years back.

You're never safe.

>it wouldn't really matter, since it's all investors could trade.
But why would they trade it?
What does it do?
How much equity does it represent and in what?

You know that stock investors and speculators are not the only influence on a stocks value right? MERC dropped earlier this summer because they had to shut down a paper mill for a month due to maintainance.

I'd say the closest thing we have to that is SPY. It goes up with the market and it looks like the DOW is headed to 20K woohoo. However, you'll probably barely make better than a bank.

I can legit see AAPL being a money machine stock next year its just going to be sick hit after hit, Macbook Pro, then Macbook Air, maybe iPhone 7, Apple Watch 2, iPad Pro 2, good chance the stock hits 170 by EOY.

I also like TSLA just as a long term buy, if they released a 30K priced car then they'd go up to 300 easily, they are showing such amazing cars lately its just a easy money machine, at $219 its underpriced imho it can easily do 260.

Can't see AMZN taking a fall, its always growing out to everything, literally can see a world where people buy Amazon with every purchase.

To be real though its hitting a lot of resistances so maybe just 850 by EOY 2017. Still 100 bucks is 100 bucks.

But truly TL;DR the stock I'd most count on is Apple.

No this is genius

ITT OP explains SAEX a few weeks ago

You are describing society.

high return

>I'd say the closest thing we have to that is SPY.
That is true.

Except SAEX was a P&D, complete market manipulation. Think SAEX but without the fear of the volume and volatility decreasing once the price increased (which helped cause the sell off), because the stock would *always* be volatile from all traders actively buying shares.

You could make a new currency and let it rise 1% every day and devaluate the currency by 1% every day.

MILK

>high return
HOW?
You haven't explained how it generates value or why anyone would buy it.
Stocks don't magically go up. Their price is determined by supply and demand. You're describing a case where demand is infinite. Why?

stop being pretentious. The proposition is *if* there was a stock that everyone managed to feel confident buying so the price was constantly going up. I already said above the only way I can not scaring investors is if there was a market with one stock. That way investors would constantly be selling and buying back in since it was the only stock on the market. gradually the price would increase as more buyers entered and the volume would constantly be high since it was the only stock on the market. read above

a lot of this thread is speculation and what ifs obviously, just interesting thoughts

People would still sell it

What if I found another investment vehicle that I thought would make more sooner?

Or I wanted the money for something else?

OP describes the whole fucking market since 2008.

You started this thread by asking why this doesn't already exist. The answer is that it doesn't make any sense.
Now you're deflecting and saying you only meant for it to be a hypothetical, but even a sa hypothetical you haven't explained how it works. People keep buying back inn because it always goes up, so why does it always go up? Because people keep buying back in? That's a fucking pyramid scheme. The bubble will pop, maybe without warning, and a lot of pissed off people will be left holding the bag.

If this was algo trading it would be possible, people put x amount of money into bots.

So the problem here is fear, yes? How do you get people to buy? And once they buy, how do you make the investor feel confident to not want to dump his shares once it goes up 10 cents?

If everyone felt confident, nobody would sell their shares. If all the algos and bots, who obviously didnt trade off emotion, were to hold their shares, and occasionally each algo sold some shares to ensure profit then bought back in. the price could slowly increase as algos keep buying more and buying in

How do I make money?

That's called a bubble, son

Communism did not work because dicks kept fucking with things for their own benefit (Stalin, everyone else)

In a set up where people are supposed to work together Things still got fucked up due to a mix of greedy power hungry fuckwads and bad luck.

Coincidentally the situation you describe involves people working together and a less state backed version of greedy fuckwads.

Do you get what I am trying to say here?

There are fuckwads who will fuck things up. Government fuckwads, buisness fuckwads, white and blue collar fuckwads and other fuckwads so numerous it is beyond description.

And when they find some way to fuck up by design or just being dumb fuckwads people will ditch the wonder stock like rats on a sinking ship.

Also inflation and shit. You pull money from nowhere and too many people have cash thus making it worth less as the secret to value is scarcity and demand not bits of paper and metal

Its called VTSAX you fucking mouth breather. The market always goes up, so track the total market

BIG TITTIES

>What are US Treasury bonds?

OP what you are describing is the ideal currency. If such a stock existed there would be no reason to sell other than to generate liquidity. But if everyone knew that the stock was the safest investment around, people would just trade goods and services for this hypothetical stock. The company would be god, a corporate government. It's the dream of the 21st century, Google and Amazon ruling the world and issuing proprietary currency. Nothing else can save us from the sjw onslaught.

>the market always goes up

>What is a bubble?

why do you want stocks to go up anyway?

Oh, you mean to SELL them when they get high enough to cash in?

And when you sell enough of them the price goes down?

Lesson 1 of trading: You're not trading against a machine you're trading against real people. Any time price moves it's due to 2 things:

It's called Bitcoin

yobit.net/en/trade/YOVI/BTC#6M

KILL FROG

>yobit.net/en/trade/YOVI/BTC#6M
This OP, this is flawless. Go buy it now