Aren't you guys ever scared about people stealing your credit card or ssn and fucking your credit?

aren't you guys ever scared about people stealing your credit card or ssn and fucking your credit?

Or malware using ATS to clear your bank account? Kind of scary shit these days. Especially if you own a small business as you don't get recompensated sometimes in cases of fraud if it's not a personal account.

Just seems so fucking easy for carders to destroy your credit these days, aren't you guys worried desu?

well guys?

nope.

why aren't you worried when tons of small businesses have had to shut down when they got up to a million stolen from them?

If I spent my whole life worried, I would never do anything. Why worry about something that hasn't even happened to you, and probably won't?

Because it's scary that you can work 20 years on a business to get it going nice and well then all of a sudden russians make malware and steal all your money and make your business die

Yup. Been hacked twice.

As of yet catching thieves is too expensive.

Just add that risk into your portfolio and move on...

Losses? How did it happen?

Not a business but my credit card uas he compromised a few times. Every time Chase calls/texts me, asks if i "x" purchase, tell me no, then they cancel my card and mail a new one. No big deal.

bump

My company computers all use a locked down linux distro, so security really isn't a major worry anymore. Credit cards are safer than cash or debit, and as long as you aren't sticking debit cards into random ATMs, you won't get skimmed. Even if you do, there's no fraud liability on the cards. My identity was stolen twice. I have a long term freeze on my credit report. My identity is useless.

Paranoia is fine, but you can mitigate the risks severely with very minimal effort.

>I have a long term freeze on my credit report

Don't take any loans out?

Mostly i'm curious about security measures I can take. It seems like so many people's credit card data and SSNs are sold online for dirt cheap it's ridiculous and could happen to anyone.

Hasn't pretty much every celebrity had their ssn and other info leaked?

You can remove the freeze briefly and then immediately reapply it.

Realistically I don't bother taking out more lines of credit. I have no real need for them.

Interesting. Should I do this? How will i build credit then?

Won't I have difficulty applying for good credit cards or loans later?

how is it even possible that if someone has your SSN that person can fuck up your life? In germany that number holds no power at all.

idk if you have them in burgerland but alot of european banks switched to cc/bankcards with integrated chips and can't be cloned from simply reading its output so skimming isnt a big threat anymore . i do remember back in the day when swim sold identities online that you should be more worried about your mail.

and ps: most of the cc info is gathered by either fishing or when a website with cc info gets hacked.

>not using prepaid virtual credit cards

lyl tbqh

and for the ones worried about malware, don't do your high profile banking [managing accs with alot of $$] on a computer that you also use for other things. ezpz

Nope. Just don't be stupid and you'll be fine.

fraud protection nigga

>and ps: most of the cc info is gathered by either fishing or when a website with cc info gets hacked.

POS malware and skimmers get millions.

Read: Home depot, target et cetera hacks

No.

In 2015, I had my CC stolen no less than 6 fucking times because a lot of joints here in DC got hit with malware. I couldn't do a thing to stop it, really - their POS systems were completely fucked, so I'd go to some lunch place and end up having my shit stolen.

Did they take all of my money? Nah. My bank froze funds the second they saw unusual activity (one idiot tried using my CC to buy $10,000 in hydroponic equipment in California, lol) and called me. That simple. Most of the fuckers got arrested, too, or at least so far as I've heard. The only inconvenience on my end was waiting on yet-another-damn-credit-card to come in through the mail. I never used my debit card, too risky.

As for your SSN? isn't far off from the truth here in burgerland. Your SSN is good to, at least in theory, open up bank accounts and take out loans, but that's kinda difficult because most banks are aware of the issue.

>Your SSN is good to, at least in theory, open up bank accounts and take out loans, but that's kinda difficult because most banks are aware of the issue.

They can easily apply for credit in your name

>They can easily apply for credit in your name
True, that. I entirely forgot about that aspect of loans.