What are your business failures?

>Food truck selling burgers, hot dogs, fries, baked potato, pasta and a few other things
>happily stay up all night for drunk passers by, high chance for me to succeed I think
>However, struggle to make my menu sound enticing
>Am selling spicy food because I believe it appeals to drunks
>My menu is 'Firecracker Baked Potato, Firecracker Cheeseburger, Firecracker Hamburger, Firecracker Fries, Firecracker Spaghetti, Firecracker Dog, Firecracker Curly Fries, Firecracker Salad, Firecracker Curry Sausage, Firecracker Double Cheeseburger, Firecracker Triple Cheeseburger, Firecracker Double Hot Dog, Firecracker Fries Salad, Firecracker Tuna Pasta, Firecracker Supreme Pizza, Firecracker Raw Garlic, Firecracker Pumpkin Seeds and Firecracker Special Dip'
>Couldn't think of a better word than firecracker and wanted to keep a consistent theme
>After a few people visit and things go well, I start to struggle inexplicably
>Isn't the food, food is great
>conduct some market research
>find people in the street the next day
>ask them wearing a hood if they would reccommend my food truck
>they all say no
>a few comment on the menu
>"Its going to have a Firecracker Bankruptcy soon enough"
>"Everything they sell is 'Firecracker' so I guess it is appropriate the owner is basically burning his money"
>"Is the owner not native or is he just a creepy arsonist weirdo?"
>decide to make changes
>change my menu
>rename a few things
>rename the firecracker Cheeseburger 'American Hot Cheeseburger', the hot dogs 'American Hot Hot Dog' and the pasta 'Italian Sunburn Spaghetti' as well as a few other names
>too late at this point
>nobody interestedanymore

Man, it fucking sucks right? Its a tough industry I guess. Anyone else experienced similar?

your menu sounds tasty 2bh

Post a picture of your food truck.

Should just name your food truck firecrackers and be done with it.

Yeah, sometimes the menu just needs to be simple so people don't get scared

Should have just ran a literal firecracker truck.

You must be retarded if you literally named it all firecracker and had such basic dishes. People that go to food trucks are foodies and don't want a cheeseburger or hot dog. They want kogi beef tacos or ginger chili short ribs or something that doesn't sound basic as fuck. Why not just make firecracker a side option like make my fries or burger animal style. Also there is the chance your food did suck but you are biased towards it

Also OP look at the original pic posted their menu doesn't have the same fucking name for everything. You don't need hot in every single food name.

Could have had your firecracker options for a few sides like firecracker fries and firecracker onion rings fried normal and then shook in cayenne pepper.

Have all of your normal dishes non hot, and ask if they would want a hot side. Or even work in subtle stuff like a jalapeño burger, or jalapeño queso nacho dip or smother.

Leave the spicy stuff as an option and make the menu reflect that. You may have just scared away people who aren't into spicy foods.

Maybe it's my bland European taste buds, but shouldnt you try to appeal to the lowest common denominator? Spicy food scares off 90% of your clients.

And people should instantly understand your menu. So no need to firecracker everything. Perhaps make it an extra sauce. Or a category on your menu. Or write spicy behind the dish name. Whatever.

Move it down the street and repaint it lol

Well, I bought a dump truck to haul rock knowing full well that it was not an asset. Bit. I chose it as a low risk oportunity for funds to buy assets.

>study personal fonance
>i mean read boring books about business plans and tax law and headache rich people shit
>iwillsuceed.jpg
>get legit
>tax id llc, the works
>previous over the road truck driver so already have cdl
>work at rock quarry so i can work nights and weekends and noone else can
>can load myself how i want every time

>easymoneytrain.gif

>mfw
>consistent fucking breakdowns and little work
>farmwr bob wants 2 tons of rock, wants me to drive 50 miles, wants to pay 8 dollars...
>fuckoff faggot
>legitamitly work my ass off, am good person, small town
>people like me
>most people don't stiff me
>like 3 out of 250 loads didnt pay
>odds are incredible i think

>mfw i finally pack it in
>woked an entire year
>50 hours a week day job and 30 to 50 on top of that
>many nights stuckbor broke down
>no sleep cause get home at 6am to show and go back to day job

>mfw every single farmer faggot in this town has a junkass 3 ton dumptruck hidden in the woods and runs under the radar for cash.

...legit had to stop tyoing mid post here to load an illegal truck.

Must be nice assholes.

Wouldnt say it was a failure trchnically because my goal was to not lose money and learn stuff.

I made it to the point i had to choose between my business and my day job. Fortunately my day job treats me well and is set hours with benefits. 20% or less of the bullshit i had to deal with having the truck.

Chose job. Regret nothing.

Managed to cover all expenses, start to finish. Took my wife to dinner and a movie 3 times and filled my pickup up a handful of times. Worked like 1,500 hours for $400.

Lessons learned.

Statistically 9/10 businesses fail and also statistically people wont start and fail 10 businesses.

1 down 8 or hopefully less to go OP.

We got this shit.

Possibly take your food truck only to events.

Like fri-sunday go to car shows and biker rallies and festivals. That is where the money is user. Sure u have vendor fees but sooooo many people.

And firecracker or not drunk bikers see a bitchen plate of cheese fries or chile fries or burger and they will go buy without looking at the menue.

Fucking pretzel bro hollered up once $500 to whoever can drive to (50 mile away town) and bring me an order of doe i made. Need a 3/4 ton or larger pickup or trailer as it is X-pounds.

Mfw i am local and have trucks and 30 people around me are on murdercycles. Quick 500 to run to my house and get truck and deliver and get bike and go back. I now get $100 store credit every weekend i see him at the rally now because i orginized a cooler storage for him with a local business. We split the credit 50/50.

Store owner happy
Pretzlebro happy
user happy.

I guarantee u user i can get u $300 plus on a friday and saturday night in sales. Maybe much more if u near northeast oklahoma.

I could possibly even get your vender fee waved.

>bought a dump truck
>to haul rock
lmfao fuck that

should have just hauled people's junk, you get free shit and great pay for minimal labour

Lol. Dick. He knows he fucked up... at least he tried eh? Better than the crack dealers and fake dissabled welfare cucks where i live.

I say good job user. Statistically there is always 90% failure rate. Accept it going in and give it your all.

At least you tried- that's more than most people can say. I would rather fail 100 times than ever think for one second, "What could have been?"

I tried to sell virtual gold for Webkinz. I figured little kids play the game, their parents will pay for it. So I downloaded this little program called ghostmouse and recorded a macro that would play the game for me and collect mad gold. Set up a website, and started running this macro farming mad virtual guap. But I could never figure out how to get the payment processing down. I just couldn't get it, and had nobody to ask for help, so I gave up. Lost a few hundred bucks and a lot of time, but learned so much. This was probably like 10 years ago so I was like 14 or 15. Totally worth it for the experience.

This guy is a dick. But he's right.

Lol, agreed 100% with this guy. Thing is user, u can get a vynil wrap done and look legit as fuck for likr $500. Have a regular boring menue. And then have a specialty menue beside it with firecracker wtf ever u want. Try and be legit and have a few dishes where only u have it in town for that sweet return customer and word of mouth business.

No shit u should just re-do it and try 1 more time.

Maybe sell icecream and other things. U want to keep customers intriuged.

Play some current music and light that mutherfucker up with a billian lights for the drunks.

Consider liquor liscense. Maybe make it an uber stop and call cab companies and they can hangout by u for the drunks. Then u get cabby business. And drunks come cause cabbies.

U got the right idea user. Just keep thinking outside of the box.

Maybe do a weekly soecial and import some random shit like alligator and rabbit and crawdads and fry up cactus and shit for a special. Some fucktard shows up at a festival in kansas once a year and like 20 of us go to get alligator every fu king year this guy gets a trip from us for at least 2 orders. Thats 40 order or more a year for random shit he paid dick nothing for or even killed hinself in florida.

Consider a vegan menue if u live near faggots and liberals?

Oh i did. Getting it into the truck is the challenge tho. I almost had a tractor a few times but a bro of mine has an oilfield business Nd a backhoe and tractor. Problem was scrap went over 250 bucks a ton and little junk to be had in bfe. All the old people keep their junk and other are too poor to oay to haul it off so it sits in their yard. I did though. Also lost a ton of money because most people on jobsites need rock during the day. And i work till 5 and up before them to work so fuck... bro of mine has a dozer business and said hed love me to run a hoe and dig ponds. I run the fuck out of a hoe, but again. Hes done at or before 5.

No doubt in my mind i could have made a living but ive got a sweet job. Im not quitting until it costs me money to keep it.

Im crippled too so it limits the jobs i can have with growing up doing physical labor.

I took pretty much any job that wouldnt fuck up my truck and paid.

I hauled pig shit for 3 weekends straight with it.

Not fun but hey, paid for 2 new steer tires when i had a blowout 3 weeks latter.

The market is pretty crouded with uninshured contractors and shit around here.

In fact, thats how i wound up a year off work, crippled for life with a plate and 8 screw in my foot...

There is a reason liscensed pros charge a lot. Another lesson learned.

>others must fail so I succeed

K

Same shit i tell everyone that laughs or appologizes like i failed. I didnt fail faggots. I learned. The whole goal was that and money but fuck the money. Ill get it another way... i had a buddy with a cdl out of work and 100% could have more than made up a good wage for him during the day and still done odd jobs at night. That heasache tho. Just not worth it for so little. And little growth potential. If, in 5 years i could have a construction business then fuck yeah that truck would run 24/7. But i was getting sick from lack of sleep and really didnt wanna fuck up at my day job and get fired.

I'll have 1,000 failed businesses. Dont give a fuck.

Its an exciting ride and i still have the security of a 9-5 that almost isnt even affected by the economy. In fact i got this job in the last recession. 99% of the people i loaded were count trucks for our dirt roads. They dont have a choice. Buy rock or no roads.

Fuuuucking cush unless i piss off my bosses somehow. They fucking love me.

I went from $14 to $18 50 hours a week with blue cross and blue shield and 401k options i declined. Been here about 2.5 years. If they ever descide to sell i will own this mutherfucker and pay them to come crush once every 2 years like they do.

Fuck, its so far away they mentioned it before. And i told them i could find the money.

I am fortunate to know a large group of multimillionairs. They started an oil company and got very large and sold in the last boom. They now are even bigger than ever and bored. All 12 of them worked a job just like me.

If i can make the nunbers work this mutherfucker will be ours and then mine after that because of buyout options in the contract that i will put in or tell everyone to suck my dick and leave. Lol

Right on annon. I built a robot to punch buttons and run VC in WoW 24/7. Didnt make a lot and sometimes i would get off work and be dead or glitched. But, was a nice chunk of gold. Back when u could run nonstop times per hour i ran it once, slowed it down to 20% of that speed for lag, and pocketed 10 or 20 runs a day while i was at work. Was in the middle of building another and got injured.

With 5 or 10 machines running sm i woulda made tens of thousands of dollars a month in gold..

Oh well, was fun.

God if I could go back in time to middleschool and make some Runescape robots I would have so much money. Get a few machines to run all day... ah the good ole days.

I didnt say that. I dont blame the illegal cucks for anything other than a small lack of business.

If i truly believed that they put me under i would just set up cameras at my day job and load them. Then turn it over to dot. I could have litteraly been the only guy in 50 miles with a truck.

Im not an asshole.

Probably 25% or more of these cocksuckers hear a rumor and think they are legal

>no cdl cause muh aggriculture
>no cdl cus muh trck under weight AIR BRAKES FAGGOT. REEEEEEE!
>muh don't need gvrw sticker on truck cause im not commercial

and on and on. A lot of these guys i have known since i was an infant. I want us all to succeed. I just wish these retarded faggots would listen to me and pkay by the rules or fuckoff.

dude just shut the fuck up you're the epitome of a wagie ragie now toe the line and haul that rock if you want those good boy points

>i know millionaires
>i'll own this company one day
>recession proof
>cushy job
>bosses love me

not trying to be a dick but wake the fuck up you can assert yourself until you're blue in the face but when user can tell you're a miserable wagie then you have problems

Another business of mine that failed to take off...

Had a good idea for a data aggregation and analysis company based on the dispensary business. Had an app built by a chinese guy and started laying groundwork, but realized we were in way over our heads. Cut it short, losing a couple grand. In retrospect I really would not do anything differently. We had a great idea, but nowhere near the capital or experience to pull it off. Also got a ton of experience from this. Learned a lot about working with freelancers, and learned the importance of doing research and testing (not just naming everything "firecracker" lol). Also learned when to pull the plug and focus on my day job, like the trucking guy said. Starting your own business is exciting but it's easy to start living in a fantasy land. Gotta ground yourself in reality or you will just be some wacko with the next big idea.

>1 post by this ID

>or you will just be some wacko with the next big idea.
I don't want to be the stupid, small wacko spouting business ideas.

This really gets to me. I'm in Entrepreneurship Club at my university. People in the club are making real money. Even though I tell everyone that business is my life, that just makes me look like an idiot wantrepreneur compared to these guys that made $50,000 in one summer. My Amazon business only makes about $1,000 a month.

My girlfriend broke up with me because I really was that wannabe loser with his head in the clouds. I couldn't see it though, I didn't know how small and insignificant I really was. But I know now I have serious problems.

My biggest problem is my work ethic. Historically I've always been a lazy piece of shit. I fantasize about being one of those people that can work 100 hours a week. How can I be one of those people?

I am already planning out my weeks in advance, down to the hour. It helps a lot, but I find myself not sticking to the schedule and goofing off when I'm supposed to be working. Should I hire a small girl to follow me around and make sure I am following the schedule? I need to re-wire my entire brain to WORK WORK WORK.

Veeky Forums, how can I give myself sickening work ethic? I want to work so hard that my head hurts

>Firecracker raw garlic

>be me, 21 or so
>running own business, start dating super-liberal chick with a degree in basket weaving because I didnt know better at the time
>my business going great, working 40-60 hours a week with steady profits
>she decides "You know what would be fun? Fixing up old RV's! See, look at these cool ones on instagram (Or whatever faggot ass app she had)"
>Decide for some retarded fucking reason it was a good plan to buy a mediocre RV and pay for a bunch of materials,etc while she did the work on it and we split the profits. We'll just park it by my shop and she can use some tools I already have, itll be great
>bitch works on it for ONE DAY
>demolishes a few things inside it
>and takes shit in it (I explicitly told her not to) so epic it breaks the toilet

>"user, this is hard work, I dont want to do this anymore so I'm not going to"

Yes, thats a direct fucking quote

>be pissed
>work on it in my spare time (hah) and before/after working regular job
>lots of material gets rained on and ruined, thing gets water damage and animals living it because i dont have time for this bullshit
>eventually sell it to some retard for a $3k loss, plus I lost at least 2k in materials and valuing my time fixing that hacked piece of shit, at least 4-5k more, then get shortchanged by a few hundred bucks by the retard I sold it to (It was late and I didnt count their money even tho I knew I should've).

>later break up with her
>find much more attractive girl who's a photographer
>her business is self sustaining and shes hardworking and not a dumb bitch

>mfw

What the fuck was I doing with my life back then? So many red flags, I was such a retard. Oh well, live and learn, the experience I got from that has probably helped me a few times since

This, and he isn't being a dick. It's called business. You have to be a complete retard to name all the items the same.

Food trucks are useless for making money unless you operate in a very crowded area.

keep trying. I used to be really lazy and started being more strict with myself, setting schedules, etc. You will find that over time, you'll start slacking off less. Start getting into good habits and rewarding yourself for doing a good job.

>>her business is self sustaining and shes hardworking and not a dumb bitch

This, this, a thousand times this. A good support system does wonders for your own ability to succeed. I dated a loser girl for a few years, always talking about what she was going to do, but when it came down to it she just watched TV all day. When I wanted to work, she would complain I wasn't spending time with her. Wasted a lot of time there. Fast forward a few years, my current girlfriend is so successful. If I have to cancel plans because of work, she NEVER complains. She wants to have a good life and knows what it takes. God I love this girl. We are going to make it.

>I say good job user. Statistically there is always 90% failure rate. Accept it going in and give it your all.
WHY ISN'T THERE A STICKY SAYING THIS.

>Hurr durr I want to maximize return on $67

Try. Fail. Fail less each time until you are un-failing so hard you're actually succeeding.

>I am already planning out my weeks in advance, down to the hour. It helps a lot, but I find myself not sticking to the schedule and goofing off when I'm supposed to be working. Should I hire a small girl to follow me around and make sure I am following the schedule? I need to re-wire my entire brain to WORK WORK WORK.

Man I sympathize with you so hard. This is my problem. I can't get to the planning by the hour stuff because I know I'll never do it. You're making way better progress than me.

Personally I find it just helps to talk about what I'm doing to all my friends, that shame when someone asks you "so what happened to that project you were doing" "have you got a gig doing X yet?" and you know you lazied out is a great motivator.

>want to start computer repair business
>open a business checking account
>mail out ad to 200 businesses
>no response
>welp I give up

>I want to work so hard that my head hurts

Clearly you don't. You just want the outcome you think it would lead to.

Meme thread with bait or not, I have a serious question:

If I were to treat something like Jiro treated sushi, would people hate me here in America? If I only made things my way (the best way I could) and only accepted reservations and served them properly, do you think people would go simply for the exclusivity?

I seriously want to do this for barbecue. A legitimate, slow smoked barbecue place that is not so much upscale as it is just perfect. Like, there will be courses instead of getting everything at once. Higher priced because of the "elitism." Plus, I don't need a large place.

I have been wanting to test the waters with small time catering. Not even joking, this has been puttering around in my mind.

>tuna pasta

I want to do this too, but for consumers. If geeksquad can charge $150 for a data backup and reformat, why can't I chart $75 for the same done in half the time?

I figured I would just take out an ad in a paper and post things on community boards and start at a personal level. I know there's money to be made. I've fixed things for coworkers and built them PC's for money.

The problem is scalability and competition, there is some money to be made if you're happy at having your income capped at no more than X per year but expanding is really hard and involves far more overheads.

Use regular names for food, but have icon (like chili peppers) beside them for spice intensity (so that they will have an idea of what they can personally handle).

I doubt I would do it as a full time thing. I know there's a non chain place locally that gets by, but probably no more than that. However out where I work there is no such business for over 25 miles.

Forgot to reply There we go.

Man, you got to work out where your customers are first.
Who is your customer, who appreciates slow smoked Barbecue and restaurant done right just as much as you?
Avoid places already over-saturated with meme and hipster cosine places, because even though you'll have the novelty draw-card, it'd be competition.

That's the trick man, making them know you're around, what you do... and getting them to come through the door. But to let them know who you are, first you need to know who "they" as a demographic are.

you've gotta go where the fat people are.

The elite fatties!
The redder and more broken capillaries in the nose or cheeks, the better.

We should have a self employment thread where we give updates on our businesses and encourage others to start their own. All these crypto threads and affiliate blogs are a complete waste of time and dont apply to most people

Hopefully they're around where others don't like their subpar meat slathered in sugary sauces that only hide the taste of the meat + smoke itself so the point of eating it is moot. I don't allow any sauce on my barbecue when people come over unless they bring their own. I spend almost two days making it and preparing it and making sure it's up to my standard and some people just want to waste all that time and eat sugar. Just get a spoon and eat it from the container, you dumb fucks. It's aggravating.

i guess ur a firecracking faggot now ay

>People who go to food trucks are foodies
The world is getting too bizarre for me these days

Whatever bro. You are right. Maybe I am bitter for working like a mutherfucker and still being a poor wagecuck. Guess i did come off sounding like a tryhard liberal. Its not like im looking for free shit, but goddamn is it to much to ask for a break? Piss on em. Gonna sell all my shit and give it my all stating another business. ...thanks faggot

Odly enough we both came to the wrong place for shit advice user.

I used to be that workfag.

Legit 84+ hours a week for 7 months.

Had a breakdown at work. Stays overnight to fix it. Litteral 36 hour shitft with 0 breaks.

You know how hard it is to eat a goddamn sandwich running a skid loader with joysticks and moving rock?

#rockdustistheonlyseasoning

==========================

I grew up having a father that worked harder than anyone i have ever seen.

From day 1 he told me if you work harder than everyone else around you then you will never lose a job. And if the place closes your boss will bust his ass trying to find u a job. Essentially kys working and you are releaved of the stress of having a job or keeping the lights on.

Took the advice to heart for a lot of years. Took jobs on the road as a laborer for fuckboi monie. Work 12+ hours a day 7 days a week 365. Maybe get a weekend off at home on the way by every few months.

U now know that kneepads or a business/invrstments is the way to go user.

Maybe temporsrily work like that for paying off debt or cash to invest.

But you truly do not want to do this.

You have 0 friends because everyone u know is gone if u only work and sleep.

Your faggot lazy coworkers despise u.

Your boss is nervous like u gunning for his job. Etc.

Work 40 or 50 hours a week and find cheap fun while working on /biz.

Then at some point u can stop working and live your life user.

It is what i am doing.

50+ hours a week. Several small startups with friends where i am a shit tier money oartner and trying to get a loan for my 3rd house atm. Meeting with 2 bankers tomorrow.

Yes. 2 bankers. Sunday.

1 at a bank and 1 tryhard at a dinner. I already know how they will decline me because 5 banks have (muh debt to income.)

I have found though, that banks like all businesses struggle sometimes and wont say. U can get a loan for a magical unicorn using your dick as a down payment if u try hard enough.

ROFLMAO user. good work.

Btw, u still with photography user?

I have an idea but i feel a little uncomfortable shilling it around to locals.

It's a long story, but i have developed a skill of fixing up photographs. I.e. bitch got a facial blemish in her senior photo, dudebro missing his front tooth, some faggot photobombs an otherwise perfect pic. Etc...

I have a knockoff photoshop program and i would like honest input and critisism.

If you like we can trade services.

Yall can email me photographs and requests and i will (toutch them up) for free.

In exchange u can tell me where i fucked up or ideally "omfg user i wanna blow u good job."

U have no reason to believe me i know. But, i will be 100% discreet and confidential. I.e. not show my faggot friends or anyone else because of (muh confidentuallity)

Not even kidding.

Will tell my wife of many years what im doing ant fuckoff im password lock this pc.

In the future with trust i may touch up "racey" photos for folks.

It is way more fun tobstare at tits for 4 hours than some dudes missing tooth. Lol. But, whatever.

So, if u are interested, hit me up user.

Also, i dont shit in my camper eather. LOL!

GRATS user!!!

Confuckinggradulations.

Buy a $40 ring and lock up that pussy user.

Lol

Lol, thanks user. And my advice would be to actually not plan to the minute unless u are some sort of high up business exec.

My theraoist even told me chill the fuck out.

I have a bad memory since i was a kid.

I carry a good pen and small notebook on me at all times.

I make note of times or important things i need to do and then rip thst oaper off the next day.

Example. Page one.

Feed and water mutts
Clean house
Go feed anons dog (he gone for 4 day)
Set work alarms
Mow front yard

That's it user. Short, simple self written notes.

>mfw

I check it after i get off work and go to town. After the last thing is done i sit down, crack a beer, tear of that page, and toss it with a smile because i know i didnt forget a fucking thing. Got the short list done, and earned thst fucking beer.

Not saying it is right or wrong, but i am 3p and for over 15 years i have been doing this.

I knowed a geeksquadder and best buy regional manager.

Best buy is big name and establisbed.

They can charge 800 bucks and run cheap user out of town.

Good luck tho.

100% chance u do a better job. Maybe advertise in the paoer u beat fagsquader rates as well as do a better job?

Too many meals, cut it down to your 3 or 5 best. People cannot into choices

>THIS
>THIS
>THIS
>1,000 TIMES THIS.

as we all now roughly 90% of businesses fail. And sadly, most are tryhard cucks luke myself that are simply tired of a boss and would take a pay cut while doubling working hours just to be in charge.

This thread user shills is legit.

100% for several reasons.

#youcandoit user.

I used to own a crushed ice snowco e wtf hotdog blowjob stand and i feel like it faled because of ...blank....

We can all help each other get rich.

I dont know why we havent already...

I legit have direct acess to millions, but it's all in the (good ol'boy) network.

A few guys in town are either geniouses or lucky. Will spare u the detailes but like me theae poorfags decided to be rich at any cost. And did.

Now every wagecyck in town botberes them to the point they live at "lake houses."

Still not even sure what that is.