Veeky Forums, I have about 12 hours to save my business. I come to you in my most desperate hour

Veeky Forums, I have about 12 hours to save my business. I come to you in my most desperate hour.

I started a temp agency, and I'm having issues finding enough people to work the morning shift. If I don't find enough people to work the morning shift, I will have to ask for the contract to be cancelled, and I will pay the people for the days they have already worked.

So Veeky Forums, how should I go about finding people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DaERHs8Q93E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

did you try advertising?

Have you tried poaching talent?

Have you tried offering higher wages?

Do this:
Call another temp agency, and get people from them. NOW. Yes you will take a hit on wages, but at least you can keep the contract going along till you get your own workers.

I've advertised on all free media, but I can't really go around with flyers since solicitation is not allowed in many places.

I'm active trying to do this.

I literally don't have a dime to increase their wage myself. The problem though is getting people to show up at 6am. Other shifts are fine.

This seems a solid idea breh, how should I go about doing this?

Never mind, I can't subcontract my own subcontract.

I'm gonna be down $1300 after all of this, and the company I work with owns like 10 warehouses in my city.

How can you guys keep going after losing again and again? It's very hard to take my first real loss. I thought I had everything under control, but people promising to come and then disappear without a trace, that really hurts ;_;

>Working human resources
Found the problem.

Nah that sucks OP but if the horse throw you off you just get back on it.

>Never mind, I can't subcontract my own subcontract.

Why the hell not? Aren't you just supplying general laborers?

Look up other temp agencies in your area, call them and tell them youre owner of XYZ Inc, and would like to speak to the owner. Explain your situation here, and that you need people.

Two things can happen - if the guy is smart and wants to make money and establish a relationship, he'll go for it. Either he will take care of sending the people himself, or you can ask them for people's numbers directly and call them yourself, explain how you got their number and ask if they can go to where you need them to be tmr, or need to be picked up (up to you to arrange).

If its too much trouble for him, call another one.

>getting people to show up at 6 am on $5 an hour

Yeah, good luck with that

I can't do that since I myself am a subcontractor. The company I approached said I must do this for a probationary period for another one of their staffing agencies in order to secure a personal contract.

If I get caught sneaking around like this, I could be permanently btfo and blackballed in this field.

I literally offer transportation they don't have to pay for, and offer bonuses to offset their low pay.

Also many companies offer much less than what I do, yet have people crawling in, begging for work. What did they offer KEK for this treatment?

just hire homeless veterans or felons you retard
both are used to rigid schedules, and you can get good ones for cheap

just make sure to do checks for drugs and don't hire anyone whose ass you couldn't kick

Go to home depot or wherever Mexicans looking for work hang out. Or post where you are, I can get you workers if you're in my city

you could also hire illegals if you live in the south and you don't need them to be people facing.

really easy to find near home depots or even on craigslist some times, but you need to know spanish

Or call all the people working the other shifts some would probably work a double

feelsbadman.jpg

I've already looked for scum at all the homeless shelters, almost got arrested due to soliciting. I can't really just walk up to a hobo and offer him a job can I?

Also I've already talked to my hombres, none of them want to work in a warehouse.

My people don't want to work a double, nor am I privy to find out the personal info of the others working there.

I can't find FUCKING 20 people to show up at 6am, after talking to so many people, and going to so many places.

i don't mean poor mexicans you know, i mean literal illegals that don't speak a lick of english. they're not too picky about work.

and yeah you can't really go up to hobos on the street and offer them a job, but you could go to a men's or women's shelter to ask if you can post a flyer on a community board or something. tell them some bullshit like you were homeless and now you want to help people like they helped you, otherwise they'll think you're a snake looking for people to abuse.

Where I live in the Netherlands almost all temp workers are students. They usually dont give a fuck about night shifts either. You could try checking out a local university.

it would help to know what region you're in brah

That's what I mean my man, I've gone to them, and they tell me "no, no puedo".

With the homeless shelters, each one I've gone to has had a negative reaction to me when I said offering work. I did not act as a former homeless person myself, and looking back, maybe i should have.

Fuck it brehs I guess I either have to renegotiate the contract to remove a first shift, or I have to cancel now.

How did you guys take your first loss in Veeky Forumsness?

Students generally work near their universities here in the US.

Ohio senpai

Try aa and na meetings

>Two things can happen - if the guy is smart and wants to make money and establish a relationship, he'll go for it. Either he will take care of sending the people himself, or you can ask them for people's numbers directly and call them yourself, explain how you got their number and ask if they can go to where you need them to be tmr, or need to be picked up (up to you to arrange).
Option Three: You competitor takes the information you volunteered to him, calls your customer, and takes your contract away.

Fucking naive children.

Ask your friends? Reach out to your network. Assuming you're young, you should know people who are students, or people who know students.

Anyone who can be up that early on the regular is already employed. They're having you find people because they can't pay them enough to.

Illegal immigrants.

There is this guy Johnathan Good I know in your area, he is free all the mornings mostly, try to reach out to him. Tell him Glen told you about him.

Someones a little jagged. Sure, its a risk but then you're running a business. My uncle makes advertising billboards, normal + electrical ones and has this arrangement with other small companies that do the same thing - when he has too much work he gives them business so that he doesn't lose customers and they do the same for him. Can they take his contract? Maybe. Is it worth it for them to screw up the relationship for one contract? I don't know. Reputation matters unless you're some scrub restoring fucked up cars and reselling them at markup (not a bad business btw. Requires a burner phone every couple of weeks though lel).

I'm very young m8, 20 years old. Unfortunately I run a business, go to school, and started this temp thing. Too much too soon I think.

Not worth the risk at all.

Let

Ayy my brother works for a communications company in town doing the same thing.

>How can you guys keep going after losing again and again?
Get knocked down 99 times, Get up 100

>I could be permanently btfo and blackballed in this field.
you do realize that you'll get btfo regardless?

>wagecuck they said
>be my own man, he said
>frogmeme.png

youtube.com/watch?v=DaERHs8Q93E

>when he has too much work he gives them business so that he doesn't lose customers and they do the same for him.
this is also a very common practice in real estate

WIN-WIN
what's hard to get?

I could take the loss, and there is a chance to bounce back through other employers. But taking this risk would be a bit naïve. There's no point in volunteering information to a rival, especially one I do not know at all.

have you thought of working the shift yourself as you find someone

They know who I am, it wouldn't be possible.

Anyways my contact is kill, and since I didn't have people working for at least 2 weeks, I gotta pay the wages of about 10 people for a week for $9.

Thank you Veeky Forums, I will angel invest in one of you fuckers one day.

have you tries to bring people on a working visa in US? Try from Eastern Europe, they are usually hardworking

Even if you take a loss this time you learned a lot and know how to do better in the future