Should I invest in Ethereum?

Should I invest in Ethereum?

yes :3

What about Dash and Monero as well?

dash seems to have lost 20% in value. Everyone is inlove with monero now

no. those coins are trash

ethereum will blow the fuck up during devcon2

Nah. In the switch to PoS, ETH price depends entirely on how useful it is. If its useful, it will be copypasted and used at a discount. If copypasted ETH is not useful, then ETH is not useful and its value relies entirely on company commitment.

In other words, if ETH stands for any of the things it claims to stand for, then companies will eventually produce something that solves everyday problems without any additional help from the company. Whenever that happens, it will be forked and you should just invest in the cheaper forked version instead.

>If its useful, it will be copypasted and used at a discount

nope. you have no idea how gas prices work. cost of computation adjusts to the price of ETH

>If copypasted ETH is not useful, then ETH is not useful and its value relies entirely on company commitment.

ETH is a network. its value is based purely on the people who build on top of it and use it. considering that all of the smartest people and startups have declared for ETH, it's by far the most promising blockchain project

>"""invest"""

more like should i put my money into a poorly disguised pyramid scheme?

yes

So where should I go to buy?

>nope. you have no idea how gas prices work. cost of computation adjusts to the price of ETH

a forked version lowers gas costs

>ETH is a network. its value is based purely on the people who build on top of it and use it.

yes, if useful stuff is built on ethereum that people would use, then it can be separated from ETH and used at a discount.

>considering that all of the smartest people and startups have declared for ETH, it's by far the most promising blockchain project

Builders can support whatever they like. Users will find the cheapest version, and it wont be on ETH. Also this reeks of MOON. shill harder.

>a forked version lowers gas costs

no it doesn't. the gas price dynamically adjusts to an equilibrium that's set by miners which would be constant across all ethereum copies

>yes, if useful stuff is built on ethereum that people would use, then it can be separated from ETH and used at a discount.

also nope. people can copy paste the code created by some company, but they will need to replicate real world operations that interact with the code

>Builders can support whatever they like. Users will find the cheapest version, and it wont be on ETH. Also this reeks of MOON. shill harder.

you have no idea what you're talking about. stop arguing and start asking questions

>1. miners
>2. literally admitting the point in my first post
>3. Sure thing

>Cryptoshit
>positive returns

Classic me mes

Do Monero instead

Long term it is guaranteed to go up

With the developer's conference coming up September 18th, and Micro$oft backing it, i wouldn't be surprised to see ETH gain 5 to 7 dollars, conservatively.

ETH will go up

eth is a mess m9s

Not any more. Its the blockchain that keeps on giving

Realistically nothing of any use is going to get built on the ethereum system,smart contracts are just a meme,and unless a "killer app" comes soon then ethereum is going to crash and burn.

The problem with memecoins is they're so volatile.

Someone purchased 2 pizzas with like 10000BTC when they weren't worth shit, it's a nightmare for a retailer to deal with on a day to day basis with the constant pump and dumps.

Hahahaha oh ye of little foresight

Im buying some since the conference will be a big thing, maybe let it gain a few bucks then sell out in true Veeky Forums fashion.