What's Veeky Forums's opinion on illegal drug trades from a business/finance/economics standpoint?

what's Veeky Forums's opinion on illegal drug trades from a business/finance/economics standpoint?

it teaches people the fundamentals of running a retail business, and it produces some entrepreneurial talent.

other than that, they're dealing in a product that regularly kills people or lands them in prison. If that's not a problem they should probably die.

are there other routes for insanely fast cash flow comparatively speaking? or is that an illusion formed by media romanticizing?

what do you mean?
if you want to make tons of money off crime, why not go into burglary or kidnapping?

I wish I had the backbone to dare and sell drugs. Nothing big scale but just enough to build a nice pile that will let me move into a more legitimate venture. But I'm afraid I'll get killed or arrested so no way I'm doing it, plus I wouldn't really even know where to start to source the product.

wouldn't it be wrought with exposure and risk? i pictured trades being a matter of exchanging goods, where the crime is more civilized and ordered. not shooting up a bank to get straight to the source where authorities are immediately alerted and watchlisting you for life.

my idea is that for a short period you make enough black market trades to go into stock trades for a seven figure return before being in my 50s. that or just do trades from the get go. i'm 24 and im just wondering how much wealth i need before looking at trades as a viable way to accumulate any discernible return from the investment interest.

>illegal drug trades

You won't find real long term success unless you get out of this "get rich quick" mindset that I see most people have on Veeky Forums.

True success comes from having a business or skill that benefits everyone involved and humanity as a whole, and through long term re-investment and compounding of interest. I know it sounds boring, but it is the truth.

If you look at truly wealth successful people like bill gates, warren buffett, steve jobs, etc, they all fit this criteria.

but they had wealth to begin with. you cant be a venture capitalist without capital.

>but they had wealth to begin with

No they didn't. The three people I mentioned came from middle class backgrounds. They all started small and grew from there by re-investing their profits and growing their businesses.

i get that you have to spend money to make money, but my idea is that the volume is higher here for a short period of time, versus building it from my salary. i'm in university and i intend to get co-op and save my cash for various funds and investments (mutual, index, dividend stocks) since i don't have a lot of expenses due to grants. thing is, if this could make me even more money then what if i just do a bit of it on the side. i guess i could just avoid it, but i feel like i'd be way older before i see my return. is it really that bad of a mindset to want fast larger returns?

Not everyone can or wants to become a billionaire user, I think most people here would be content with making 200k a year which technically is possible with a get rich quick mentality.

I at least want to reach at least 100k a year by the time I'm 25 (21 now) so I can have money to enjoy and buy all the nice things I can't afford now but still have enough to invest to make myself a million by the time I'm 30-35 through more conservative methods. But to reach that 100k mark in the time frame I have set, I need a get rich quick mentality.

part of your problem is you- like almost every other pleb without business experience- imagine retail as the best or only way to go.

selling drugs is pretty good money for retail, but it's still less than almost any service you could offer. There are plenty of perfectly legal businesses out there that make far more than a lone drug dealer does.

Name em

well i do art commissions on the side and might patreon myself. there's also web developing im going to be picking up. what could possibly make as much as a commodity worth more than its weight in gold though?

Drug dealing is for people with nothing to lose and nothing to contribute to humanity. That's why most of them end up dead or in prison.

Any way you look at it, people like Pablo Escobar and El Chapo has a negative contribution to humanity and the world is a worse place because they existed.

Anyone who aspires to be a drug dealer is a worthless waste of air who deserves a bullet in their head.

plenty of people have influenced the world negatively while in a legitimate manner though.

I don't agree, I'm pretty sure most big time drug dealers would make fantastic CEOs, they just come from a background where their ambition couldn't be fulfilled through other means. They are people that wanted to succeed so bad that they risked their lives and their freedom just to make sure that they would succeed. Sure they could have gone to college or could have started a legitimate business but that would have been far more difficult and potentially less lucrative for them, so they chose what seemed optimal.

Also I'd like to remind you that lots of executives, CEOs, politicians etc are probably tied to drug trade so it's not only lowlifes that get involved in it.

Must be nice up there on your golden throne.

Wow, that's one tall horse you've got there.

Well, guys, let's assume someone wanted to start delving into the illegal world. Clearly theoretically speaking, what is a good place to start, preferably on the net?

Please... these guys created jobs for thousands and thousands of people by exploiting advantageous trade situations.

Escobar's gifts to charity are legendary. The guy donated more than you or I could ever hope to in 10 lifetimes.

this is almost exactly what I want in life, but I'd be content with an upper middle class lifestyle, living alone

>this

Escobar is what happens when you give a poor person 30 billion dollars and extreme sympathy towards people of his background

OP here (as indicated by the memecode). here's the problem with being content with 100k a year. no matter what amount of money you make the world has people who will find a way to make you give up that coin in a negative return type of fashion. it could be class attachments to an exotic ass zonda, it could be insurance to a home, it could be time shares, and the list goes on.

my question is, how do we keep our money in an effective growing manner, while also influencing its growth so that it's as fast as humanely possible? there must be some theoretical framework some user here has studied extensively that pertains to fast returns while keeping risk factors to an analytical minimum.

anyone?

great idea to make money, get killed or jailed

It is sort of like buying cryptos on margins, except margin is your life / freedom