/fog/ - Fallout General

Synth life edition

>/fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1haezZ9CQaU
youtu.be/FZAyJ0DCYjQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ATOM CATS A BEST

BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG

Afternoon, user's.

What are your Fallout 4 plans for today?

I aint clicking that exe nigga.

vocaroo.com/i/s1haezZ9CQaU

What happaned to him? he has a lot of scratches.

Hats and junk.

You?

I love you and I have a collection of these edits because they make me smile.

I'm going to kill the entire railroad!

Finish up my junk vacuum mod thing and probably add a Contraptions dependency because I am sick of fiddling with forms

She committed a bunch of murdies!

Bring my explorer back for a refresh on stims/radaways in FO:Shelter and pop out another dweller or two.
I think I'm actually having fun with this now that I can play it thanks to the PC version.

>him

Whut level is he? yuo character looks like a cool guy haha reminds me of terminnatr xD

Eugenics.

I would love voodoo tophat

Make sure to use Glory's reset code and turn her into a loyal little brainwashed puppet.

I need this in my life.

I hope we get a trainer to get free stuff from the shop soon.

fug

Don't fuck it up. After all you're not a normie casual right?

Trying to resist waifufaggotry but ultimately failing at it. Dat wet texture hnngghhh

n-no
it's just that no mole rats have attacked yet and i'll probably have to build more power stations
the caps one will just take a while
a long while

>muh dick
link to the clothing?

Hopefully fixing my Animu hairs once and for all

just send everyone into the wasteland for caps, and if mole rats do attack they can't very well kill what's not there right?
good luck on the power though, I see a lot of rushes in your future.

I do appreciate the work on the hair you are doing. I noticed you encountered quite a few issues.

I approve.

>I need this in my life
The trouble I'm having is that there is a stupefyingly large amount of junk in the game, and no really good way to find all of it with Papyrus.
I built the tool off of existing scripts from my base mod, and the functionality works, but I'm just trying to get all of the junk that is reasonable included before I release my mod's update publicly.

Contraptions has a huge form that it uses for the pitching machine, so I'm going to test whether official DLC adds to that with a script or something. If it does, then I can just hook into that, obviate a huge amount of compatibility and maintenance work on my end, and just say "if you want custom junk to work with this, make sure it works with the Contraptions pitching machine".

Can't be done, hardcoded 1/1/1/1 white/hispanic/asian/black ratio.

My fuck that looks like shit.

Personally I'd prefer a mod that allowed you to assign settlement specialities such as making a real quarry or steel mill.

JC - Shirt and Jeans + weathered textues + my own bodyslide config.

Thanks. Yeah, current issue is the mesh dissapearing when you get too close. Once I fix that...that SHOULD be the final hurdle. I still want to give some of them physics but I'm beginning to wonder if that will be possible at this point. I will try, anyway.

I Pm'd that guy on LL again, he seems to know a ton about 3ds. Older versions of Nifskope had a transform - Apply feature that could fix my current issue, but the version of nifskope that works with FO4 doesn't seem to have it. There's surely a way to do it in 3ds but I dunno how, there's literally 10,000 different buttons and modifiers you can do to meshes in that program...

I've already quit screwing with the 3ds crap for the night, and began on ironing out all the CK work. There's really not a lot left to do once I get the model stuff all polished up.

youtu.be/FZAyJ0DCYjQ

Just checkin' for muties.

Except make them look good and fit well.

I sadly wasn't able to make much headway in the new Robutt voice packs. Someone much more proficient than I needs to build a framework for it.

Then I can just do all the legwork.

Overseer Valery Barstow is one sexy ghoul.

I still have to properly weight, adjust them, give some of them physics, yes. I just want to write down a workflow so I can steadily fix them and get them working in-game without issues.

I don't wanna mess with that right now until I that guy can get back to me on how to fix them for using in-game bug free.

him forgetting the draw the arm to the right ??

>I can't make my mod until someone makes it for me

And of course DLC junk doesn't work in the pitching machine. That means I get to do it the hard way.

I plan on fixing up the physics when you realease this anyway

just sayin

I've never done physics on hairs before but if it doesn't work, yeah, go ahead.

I'm hoping its as simple as making cloth weights in the ref skeleton and copying weights from hairs used as reference. Of course I'll need to fix the mesh in 3ds again, but once I get a proper workflow goin'...it worked for the physics cape I tried at least, until I tried manually painting the cloths, then shit got wacky on it.

The adventures of Butt Cape!

>this is a 10/10 according to buffscale

SHE HAD A BODY KINDA LIKE A HORSE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEEAN

Wat

Angkor

serious question is the cap on settlers in the wasteland removed or is that shit still there?

Angkor Wat?

send 3/4 to the wasteland to die

Still hardcoded, all new births and new arrivals will fill the quotas.

>diversity quota in a video game

you're shitting me

>Haul my bitch over to trinity tower so she can slurp up Strong's milk of mutant brutality
>BoS decide then to send in like three of four vertibirds and throw the entire aria into a siege
>Every one goes apeshit and the npcs don't act how they should
>Rex wont come down onto the ground floor to complete the quest
Fuck

Thanks San Fran & LA

Not if its hardcoded 1/1/1/1, as you say.

dat belly tho

MY SPINE!

I fucking love the institute

and the brown ones will be sent to the wasteland to die, how is this not clear?

god forbid we have natural genetic inheritance after a random starting group.
>tfw actually know people IRL who married black because they believe the future genetic pool will be all mixed races

Vaults with anything but a monoethnicity don't make sense

Literally doesn't matter.
40 dwellers, send the 30 non-whites to die in wasteland. ALL new borns will be hispanic/asian/black until dweller #41 is born/arrives. The game will not allow you to have an all white vault.

wait so you're saying if I have 10/10/10/0 the next 10 settlers will be black? and if I keep sending them to the wasteland to die I'll keep getting new blacks to send to the wasteland and die?

if this is true we need to fire up the SJW machine because that's racist.

I'd love them more if you could make decisions that actually have effect on their policy.

Like re-instating the cybernetics program, canning the Gen III synths and operating more/less on the surface

I see, I read that at a race rotation rather than a percentile. Ahwell, the wasteland will be littered with shitskins.

needs more organ harvesting from supermutants

>not creating super mutant mind control

made the wastelands toughest creatures, might as well salvage that op and turn it into a strength

Why even bother if you could just fabricate new ones with your Totally-not-an-Auto-Docâ„¢ Synth Fabricator?

new organs yes, new organs strengthened by mutant virus though? can they synthesize the effects of the virus on the replicated organs?

having a heart that does not wear out is one thing. having a heart that will regenerate is another.

otherwise, I'mm gonna jack a synth and sell it's kidneys.

>UFo4P breaks my game
>fatty tells me it's bethesda's fault
>the game works without the unofficial patch
>unofficial patch do LITERALLY nothing anyway

is there ANYTHING AT ALL that fat people can do well?

expand production of watcher crows, create an interactive map service. run it out of Bunker Hill so the traders can avoid threats. or run it out of the Castle, so the Minutemen know where to target patrols.

Is Mod Organizer usable yet? I just want to do a clean reinstall and remove this nexus cancer from my computer.

Yeah it would be a cold day in hell before I put something straight from FEV into myself. I would much rather try out whatever was keeping Corn Flakes alive.

If it is breaking your game then you need to update to the newest version, where the settler problem is more or less avoided now. The problem exists in the vanilla game anyway though, so I don't know where you get off with saying
>the game works without the unofficial patch

>my mods aren't compatible
>blame the modders

wat?

the mod isn't compatible with the game, so yeah, blame the modder

this problem did not exist in vanilla

>Yeah it would be a cold day in hell before I put something straight from FEV into myself.

That's why you need synths to recruit volunteers for your experiment.

It's like you can't even Institute properly.

>mod causes problem
>don't blame the modder

People who say that the unoffical patch breaks the game are retarded.

Its been 100% confirmed that settler appearance changes do not in any way effect what they are assigned to, and that they will conitue doing whatever you told them to do no matter how many times they change.

If that were true, why does the patch break your settlers?

because it definitely does for everyone

>this problem did not exist in vanilla
It does though. Settlements get completely bogged down all to hell with more than about 20 settlers, and the scripting engine will eventually start freaking out and trying to "optimise" settlers away. The only problem that the UFO4P previously had was that, aside from trying to update workshop scripts, the AI packages for settlers was being flagged for them as scenery filler.

Post favorite game.

I wish I could get 20 settlers

I can't even assign marcy long to farm - a problem which does not exist in vanilla

yu're just butthurt because you're trying to mod a game and failing because you have no idea what you're doing

mods don't break anything, they conflict, and when that happens, you fix it

get out

>If that were true, why does the patch break your settlers?
Because it doesn't.

I have had the unoffical patch since it came out, even with the bugs, and my settlers still act fine aside from changing appearances.

they have never lost any of thier job assignments

That's...actually, that's an interesting idea.

I would, however, be worried about the long-term effects of a Super Mutant organ transplant, like its regenerative properties altering the recipient's vital systems..maybe altering or even destroying the host's DNA.

Okay, but it definitely does
I don't know about losing assignments, but it definitely stops you from assigning

This has happened to pretty much everyone, and arthmoor even said as much. Why are you trying to pretend?

m8, what are you talking about?

Oh god I'm getting urges to play FO2 again

>I don't know about losing assignments, but it definitely stops you from assigning
Except, again, it doesnt.

I have the unoffical patch installed right now, and have been assigning settlers across my settlements for about an hour now.

And it works.

it's clear you've never modded a game in your life

and I don't mean "used someone else's mods"

Question user how do you change hair color for the hair once you make it a mesh with the hat?

How do you make the hair visible ingame ? My hat and hair both take up slot 30, and i tried changing the hat to slot 46 but it just turns invisible ingame. I'm at wits end.

>It's the weekend.

well literally everyone else, including the person who created the mod, says it does

We neerd an edit of this but with Synth patrollers and Railroad agents

>mods don't break anything
This is definitely not true. It isn't difficult at all to put together a little bomb that breaks everything - wipe out form lists, clear away model info, break navmeshes, etc. - it can get really nasty if you aren't careful. And with things getting baked into saves, it is really unsettlingly easy to break (save) games completely.

Buffscale lets say i edited a vanilla hat for children to wear, but it has slot 30 and so do all of the child hairs, is there any way to make the hat show without the hair being inviaible please help dear Christ i hate slot conflicts.

>well literally everyone else
Gross hyperbole

> including the person who created the mod
Total lie

Arthmoor has only said it causes settler NPCs to randomly change appearance, he has directly confirmed it does not prevent you from assigning people

Are you the guy who has been coming on here for like the past week complaining you cant assign people?

Seriously dude, stop being so retarded.

>Are you the guy who has been coming on here for like the past week complaining you cant assign people?
lol no

You can't imagine how hysterical it is, the idea of you standing vigilant against the trolls who would slander arthmoor

So has it been established whether or not Synths can reproduce with humans or other Synths?.

I'm annoyed that he didn't even bother to check if the bug happened in the vanilla game before running to kotaku and the like to make "UNOFFICIAL PATCH TAKES ARROW TO THE KNEE" jokes.

Ive been messing with bodyslide more and I just had an idea!
if I wanted to make some waifu npcs with unique bodies couldn't I just assign the special body to one outfit and maybe some mod armor?