Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums

I have 20 000 euros in savings. I'm 25. What can I do to make this money grow ?

bitcoin

Really ? Why ?

>I'm 25. What can I do to make this money grow ?
You're in the age demographic to place the money into relatively higher-risk investments, but that doesn't mean you should necessarily go day trading. Maybe relatively higher risk funds?

I know absolutely nothing about this kind of thing, that's why I'm asking here. I won't lie : the "high-risk" part makes me afraid.

That's totally fair. If I were you, I'd see if you couldn't speak to a local investment advisor, then - they can explain things in detail, see your finances in more detail, etc. I'm also a bit queasy about putting large amounts of money into high risk investments.

If high risk scares you, be very, very careful of some of the advice you get on here. Veeky Forums seems to invariably skew hard towards get-rich-quick schemes.

Thanks for the advice !

The only legitimate advice to give someone with no knowledge of financial markets is to put their money into an index fund, preferably one tracking the S&P 500 with very low fees. You will not get rich quick, you will not pick the next Apple, and """"money managers""" will try to take as much of your money as possible with no regard for your financial health.

Put at least a few k in bitcoin.

Could you explain why, please ?

go back to Syria

here's a good idea: don't ask Veeky Forums. shills will shill, retards will talk BS. barely anyone will give you real help here

Beacause you'll want a yacht to ride on the moon of course

Put it into a savings acount :^)

Lurk more. You'll learn more by lurking the Robinhood threads than you will by asking others to spoon feed you. We get these threads all the time. Start reading books. Learn how to read charts and technical analysis. Read every single thread on this board's catalog and keep doing that for a couple months. Ignore shitty derail threads. Invest the time and research first and then you can start to investing money.

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate your honesty. Which books would you recommend for somebody who doesn't know shit ?

Learn about crypto currencies and invest into BTC and major Altcoins. Had 40k€ last year thanks to some pumps have now 195k€.

Crypto is the only meme where our generation has the advantage.
All other asset classes we either don't get good access to or they are fucking inflated by cheap money.

Low risk, low volatility index funds/ETFs that pay reasonable dividends.

If you're looking for quarterly growth, try something like PEY or SCHB or SDY. SDY tracks the top 50 dividend paying stocks in the S&P 500, giving you a small amount of diversity over time. SCHB is a fund that tracks the top 2500 stocks in the US. VOO is the Vanguard S&P 500 ETF, it tracks the entire S&P 500.

Europe should have similar funds and stocks that track the top stocks in the market and offer an investment that will likely grow at a reasonable pace over a long term.

Keep adding to your fund, reinvest your dividend payouts for a good 30-40 years, and STICK WITH IT. The worst thing you can do is stop investing, and the best time to start saving is always five years ago. You can't beat the market. You can't time the market. You can, however, play by the normal people rules and come out safer than the shits here who try to day trade.

Real estate

You obviously know this stuff, thanks a lot for your help. I think I will remember these last sentences for quite some time.

>Lurk more.
This
I've learned a ton about finance, investing, and trading just by lurking Veeky Forums.
Granted, I'm still bad enough to be perpetually down $200, but at least I know why, and I know what to do with the money I really don't want to lose.

How do you identify when pumps are going to take place on the respective altcoins? Srs.

If you want to invest the smart way, you need to diversify (diversify markets, currency, commodities).

Otherwise if you want to be a beta fag, COTTON.

India is having immense monsoon related problems on their cotton fields.
Market for cotton was slow for 25months but has started again (huge demand in China & USA) ALSO China made stocks to sell when prices jump and they are starting to move the stocks to harbor areas.

I predict at least 35% jump in the next year.