Will reward good advice!

Ok so this is maybe my thread attempt at one of these threads, last time I got shot down with a torrent of abuse about how I was trying to find "slaves" to work for me etc.

SO this time around I'm going to apply to your baser impulses: monetary reward.

To show I mean business, first post gets 0.1 BTC, all dubs get 0.05 BTC, and any good advice, in email or post form, will get 0.01-0.1 BTC.

My budget for this session is 1BTC.
Obvs please include a wallet address in your post.

Now as for the question:

I am currently a MSc Physics graduate, I've successfully paid off all my student debt and I've quit work with the assumption I'll be doing a PhD starting September 2017.

In the meantime I would like to create a blockchain to fill a very specific niche, it would not be a currency for trading, but would involve tokens that we can treat as if they are currency for developments sake. My uncle left me around a 600k inheritance, of which after tax and paying off debts I have 320k. 200k is now invested in ETFs and other low risk financial instruments. 120k has been set aside ENTIRELY to be spent on this project.

I have two other friends who think this is worth their time and money to invest in, one is a former google employee with a BSc in CompSci (albeit not much expertise in cryptography), the other is a PhD Economist with a strong background in Maths. I have lived with these people for four years and trust them totally, they are together contributing 40k.

My main questions are: how many more people am I likely to need? With my current budget, is an alpha version within a year remotely doable? What coin should I use as a jumping off point? Aside from Python and C++ what programming languages should we look to incorporate into our dev team? Where can we find skilled employees?

Cheers.

P.S. please wait up to 15 mins to receive your BTC.

Other urls found in this thread:

ethereum.org/token
github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Licensing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't want bitcoins :^)

First
Will have an address shortly, on same ID

Why don't you just research how BTC was implemented, OP?

I have no use for digital monopoly money, pay cash and I'll help you.

What type of niche are you trying to fill? Might help for the sake of the thread.

Bump and also email is: [email protected]

Also I meant to write "third attempt"

>it would not be a currency for trading

God, I really hate when people just think they can waltz right in and think they understand how economics works. I don't come to you and say "hey, I know I didn't study physics, but I've decided I want to stop believing in gravity and start flying."

Please tell me, what the point of a currency is if it can't be traded?

I have already done all that, consider this thread me trying to explore suggestions or ideas I may have overlooked. And because as much as I research BTC I still don't have a very good idea of the practical "scope" of implementing a crypto, especially since it's easier now than before.

Ie. I don't know if three well funded hardworking STEM majors could do it...

You ever hear of localbitcoins? BTC usually takes 30 mins to get into my bank account. How do you propose I send you cash?

Suffice to say that the specific way I would CHANGE the given crypto to fill said niche is simple and I know how it would be done. So for the sake of argument assume I'm asking how one would go about making a new coin.

>if three well funded hardworking STEM majors could do it...
Have you googled "how do I make a blockchain" yet?
Have you read the BTC white paper?
I haven't done either, but there are so many shitcoins in existence that I bet it isn't hard.

>not a currency for trading
ok, well what will the tokens represent?
>create a blockchain to fill a very specific niche
what is the blockchain for? without this information it's very hard to give answers to:

>how many more people am I likely to need?
>What coin should I use as a jumping off point?

if you're going to do tokens, i recommend using the pre-existing ethereum blockchain. it's already got miners, nodes, it's massively distributed and hardy blockchain, many projects are using tokens on the ethereum blockchain and it comes with plenty of support and it's own python like programming language for building your system.

16QkVYNjWiKpha2L3bTEzvF8QbfikwXSFH

No idiot, I mean it's not a currency at all. There would be no trade purpose for it, suffice it to say that it would have a very specific scientific application, but that for it to work it needs to operate on the same principles as bitcoin: limited growth, unfalsifiable, peer to peer confirmation etc. It's basically a NON currency use for blockchain to generate specific patterns. Ideally I would license out the source code.

for example digixDAO, elephantcoin, auger, plutus and many more fintech projects are all built on ethereum, it is easy to use the solidity language which is similar to python to build your own distributed applications.

So what is it for? Nobody is going to steal your dumb ass idea OP

rude.

Yeah what is it?

Thanks, sending you 0.05 as soon as CoPay updates.

Also the most I could say without giving it away is the tokens would essentially be used as "tags", the blockchain appeal is that coins (tags) can be verified and non-falsified. The application is more to do with authenticating certain procedurally generated data within a specific field of scientific calculations.

Got my address, it's 1HBVFxk6kzoRDo9PV34QaChjBXzCNBKkTR

Why a blockchain? Why not just a central authentication server?

I'm willing to spend 100k on this idea, I think I can afford to be SLIGHTLY paranoid.

If I build a blockchain off Ethereum, would I be legally allowed to license/sell the source code?

well, use ethereum then, it's basically designed for people to use it the exact way you're describing.

you can issue your own tokens on the blockchain and they will be non-falsifiable

ethereum.org/token

there you go

the whole point of a blockchain is that it's open source. you're barking up the wrong tree if you think you can monetise a blockchain by licensing the code. unworkable.

>would I be legally allowed to license/sell the source code?
github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Licensing

Sent you 0.2 because first poster was a dick.

Sent you 0.05 for your combined advice.

If I missed anyone please let me know.

>try to save you some shekels
>I'm a dick

:( ok

answer my question

how is that fair?

i get 0.05 for actual advice
that random guy gets 0.2 for basically nothing.

fml.

Got it, thanks bro. Never thought I'd ever be able to say I got paid $100 for posting on Veeky Forums.
Good luck on your thing.

Because you can continue to earn BTC, up to 0.8. Whereas he gets his by pure dumb luck to prove I'm being honest. That's a one off.

(If you're worried about this thread archiving feel free to email with more advice).

Your welcome.

>tfw need btc to buy steroids

I wish I could help op but I don't know shit

>tfw ill never get dubs

Can I reroll?

what more do you need help with?

the easiest thing to do would be to create your token on ethereum. that's where I would start.

>STEM major
>"your welcome"

i got double 487's

I would strongly recommend using alumni database/listserves to find employees. That school that you wish you had gone to, that institution that has a program that offers courses that line up with what you need. Dont be afraid to talk to instructors/professors. If you can snag some employees straight out of undergrad/grad they will be more devoted to your project than a person who looks at it as a means to their own end. Freshly graduated students will be technologically up to date, and importantly will not have other responsibilities, hello 10 hour days because "startup". Also listserves and private job boards automatically screen out a good portion of people. good luck

3A9dtTAP1pW8yZJ78RJAicT4Bw8b6ZfSjJ

Well it's getting pretty late so you, and anyone else, can email me with your email and maybe I'll ask some more questions once I've slept on the advice I already got?

>My main questions are: how many more people am I likely to need?
Three people are perfect for starting things. If you double your team size you might get more expertise but the cost of coordinating people gets exponentially more difficult. Maybe add one or two people depending on your needs, but it's easier to add them later.

>With my current budget, is an alpha version within a year remotely doable?
Depends on what you want to do. Impossible to answer. You might do a pre-Alpha prototype that gets enough people's imagination running so they start throwing money at you or a cooperation so you don't have to worry about funding anymore.

>What coin should I use as a jumping off point? Aside from Python and C++ what programming languages should we look to incorporate into our dev team? Where can we find skilled employees?
If you want to get people with Blockchain experience, then Bitcointalk is probably one of the best sites to get people interested. Just start a thread in the Altcoin section outlining your idea and people may contact you.

1McfzRoggBXJxjj7q67Mt7f1DQEH9nBJP8
Pls support Eastern Poland.

d00bs

>ethereum tokens
If he just wants to issue a token he could use Omni.

Ethereum could be fine as well, but if the tokens involve much computation or something fancy then things could get expensive on ETH blockchain (this is also the reason why ETH transactions today can not be anonymized in the same way that Monero transactions can.)

ethereum has a bigger userbase, more nodes, more secure blockchain and more versatile language.

>more secure blockchain
How is ETH-chain more secure than BTC blockchain which Omni Layer utilizes?

Also ETH is limited in a way that it just supports one context meaning that all nodes have to execute all Etherum code, which is stupid and expensive in terms of costs of doing computations on chain.

0.03 BTC sent.

0.02 BTC sent.

To save money why don't you get some sort of concept going then start an ICO post your coin on bitcointalk with the details while also trying to get it listed on icocountdown.com and cyber.fund/radar. Every other coin is doing it nowadays, usually starting with POW mining then switching to POS. If your idea is actually good, it should work out
You said "There would be no trade purpose for it" people will need to be able to trade it and will need to have a value for your token dictated by the free market or else you will have no miners to hold your blockchain together

"Lisk" alone raised 15,128 BTC which is over $9,228,000 and it does basically nothing
If this advice saves you 600k feel free to hook sum up 1AmaaabVyKminULoaqSC4gYndrihy9aUMg

Well from my understand of what op wants is some sort of decentralized database that people can use to verify some sort of credential. Thing I don't quite understand (probably because of how vaguely it has been described) is how OP plans to maintain the blockchain, since traditionally it is 'self maintained' by miners that are rewarded with a currency. If there is no currency then what is the incentive to maintain the network?

I don't see the benefits of this type of authenticator in any system.

0.05 for Dubs too!
im in a MSc graduate program as well, if your plan is to tokenize elsevier or some shit related to the publishing community sign me up.

also 0.03 confirmed OP is not a faggot

You feed them bread as all 'slaves' owners do.

15TpfJRH5tkxRpbadJd2Q9wpYRFe7ZKDYD

My thoughts on the project, not necessarily the project management and funding.
If it's not a currency for trading, how do you get it?
Can I still buy it through an exchange?
If so, what is your plan to get it on an exchange?
Also what is the intrinsic value of this token? What functionality will it have compared to other tokens?
Will this project be opensource?
Do you plan on building the coin from scratch or basing it off other existing coins?
If you use other existing coins as the basis, what hashing algorithm will you use for this coin, since there are so many?
What language will you write the code in?
These are just some basic questions I would try to answer. It seems as though you are ready to take on this challenge. I would highly recommend taking a look at how the other coins are written. Take a look at bitcoin's source code and take a look at other newer coins such as ethereum.

1BkCE2z6naFNG3iDTGw4FNCaE1uLk74HVA

I'm here for the sick get

1LHeiUVUqW6FTPbQNwGp3oGogQWsJdtnFJ

I think a year is pushing it. This kind of project would take at least 16 months to get off the ground, and possibly longer to be completely functional. Also python is a meme, look into haskell or another functional language.

Also dubs

Also 1M85F8ddqTsuCzUVkTv8sDEiaTddFnv5Cf

I think you don't need any more manpower and should immediately get on tinkering and developing prototypes/tests as a method of exploring to find the answer to the "how/what should I do" type questions.
>Where can we find skilled employees?
General life advice says networking and personal approach yields the best results rather than advertising your project to people who are desperately looking for a job, just something to keep in mind. I'd recommend contacting directly people who do similar work or research relating to projects involving this topic while staying a little further away from those who specify in cryptocurrency as they tend to be more in it for the money than the curiosity of trying to accomplish something new, like you're attempting. It's good you have friends with you.
Not expecting any coin out of my 2 cents, mostly rolling for dubs. Good luck op

1MgAMZMHLRf6MhAVwvCWeJzQorVnD53XGN

check em

17DUgyk4GcG6D4q9uPrXM1xvDLr2VCEmVc

one more time

17DUgyk4GcG6D4q9uPrXM1xvDLr2VCEmVc

Bitch i said dubs