Retirement General

If I want to retire by the age of 45 (I'm 22). What would be the best platform for saving, earning, and growing my assets? I am slowly building my stock portfolio (~1k USD) and want to move into real estate once I have over 20k USD. Is this a smart choice? What other options are out there? What literature or study would you suggest to help grow my worth?

Other urls found in this thread:

roomescapeadventures.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>max out IRA
>max out 401(k)
>place any remaining assets into taxable brokerage
>avoid high-fee mutual funds
>read A Random Walk Down Wall Street

Real estate is good but it's usually a long play.

I've personally found that selling services to big businesses and industry on a contract basis will let you make as much money in a year as most people make in a lifetime.

if you happen to be any good at it.

>move into real estate once I have over 20k USD

lol... where are you getting real estate for 20k?

I'm 24 with over $50k trying to do the same thing, but obviously the sooner the better. I've looked into real estate, but to me it's not really something you do when you have enough money, but when a really good investment presents itself. I've read 'the art of the deal' and 'what every real estate investor needs to know about cash flow' and they are decent books on the subject. I max out my Roth IRA every year because you can withdraw at any time which is perfect for retiring early. I'm also constantly on the lookout for potential investments / biz opportunities. One thing to remember when your account starts to get high is that you can lose all of your money really quickly If you do something stupid so be careful and try to hedge your bets.

Which IRA would you suggest and why?

ROTH IRA

This guy isn't me but ya Roth. Just research pros and cons and determine for yourself though don't take my word for it.

Not OP but Detroit.

It has to recoger eventually r-right?

How much would be optimal funding for a start into real estate?

100% loan financed at a 0% interest rate.

you can't withdraw before 65 or your paying tax again

You can use the SEPP program to begin withdrawing early. Also you can withdraw $10k to pay for a house. And obviously you can withdraw the money you contributed to the account at any time.

So withdrawals are taxed twice?

>I'm retarded and don't actually know anything about how tax advantaged retirement accounts work but let me pull shit out of my ass

buy cryptocurrency. Most of the top 10 marketcaps have annual returns over 100%.

Bump

You can withdraw contributions before 65, but not gains.

>contribute $5,000
>grows over the next year to $6,000
>can withdraw up to $5,000 with no penalty
>touch the $1,000 in gains, and you pay a penalty

Team and diversity building shit is hot now

corporate america eats shit like link related up
roomescapeadventures.com/

so so bad, yet HR has to blow through its budget

Which company would you start your IRA with?

I used Etrade