Will Veeky Forums ever not be shit

>"hurr biz I have 20 dollars how can I make 6000 dollars before next month?"
>some newfriend thinks he's got "the best app idea ever" but doesn't know how to program
>a thread where some dudebro shills his FOTM cryptocurrency
>20 other threads made by the same guy, shilling the same cryptocurrency
>that one forex thread, you know the one
>inheritance thread number six gorillion
>"hey I have no skills, dropped out of high school, and don't want to work. How do I become rich?"

The same shit everyday, why the fuck don't we have a sticky? Why the fuck don't we have mods?

Why is this board full of NEETs and high school dropouts who think they can somehow become millionaires without working or learning skills?

I agree, this board had always been pretty bad. But lately it's getting infested by r9k too, which is a bad trend.

I only now come here to waste time.

All the reasons you listed is why I love the Kneepads meme. It's the perfect shutdown.

I do think we need a sticky that says stuff like

>If you have under $5000, don't bother investing.
>"I want to start a business but I'm not sure in want" then you don't want to start a business.
>Read Ben Graham
>If you want to make money, accept you'll have to spend many hours a day on it.
>Day Trading, Affiliate Marketing, Copywriting, Youtube Channel -- all require studios work.

stop whining you little bitch

>>If you have under $5000, don't bother investing.
More like don't bother trading.
Everyone needs to start somewhere when it comes to investing.

I am in the same boat as you OP but I moved passed caring about what other people post.

If you truly care enough to help others with Veeky Forums related questions then do your best to answer honest and real questions, which I do frequently.

Like this thread will generate plenty of views in it's own as people jump in so let me just tell new viewers:

1. Don't day trade with your money until you have a few years of experience
2. Don't invest in penny stocks or cryptocurrency, both are too unstable for starting out investors.
3. Don't fall for get rich quick schemes, they will fail over 90% of the time.
3a. Don't use Veeky Forums as your only advice platform.

4. Do open an account with a reputable business like Vanguard or other mutual fund/etf companies.
5. Do invest in a calm and simple strategy so you don't get overwhelmed. Say, 15 years, 100 dollars a month with it slowly increasing based on your income.
6. Do read up on many sources before you decide to go forward with a change in plans.
7. Do be patient. You can start investing with a small amount but it won't be meaningful until you get higher, but you will appreciate it all the more when you do get there.
8. Don't forget to relax. The stock market is all about keeping your cool when others around you panic and sell. Stay the course and keep level headed when you make decisions.

>Everyone needs to start somewhere when it comes to investing.
Yes, and the place to start is a fully-funded liquid emergency fund of 3-12 months living expenses. And a stable, steady income whether from a salary or wages. If you have under $5000, there's no way you meet these prerequisites.

3-12 months is for someone who is terrible at job hunting and doesn't want to work.

3 months is fair, and 6 months is the most you should need for an emergency, based off your living expenses at the minimum level, rather than say, eating out a lot and other luxuries.

I started investing with part time wages, with only 5,000 set aside, 3,000 for emergency fund, and 2k for investing. 2k for the minimum entry into a vanguard starting fund account. Once that was set up I put half of my weekly income into investing monthly, keeping it aside in case some emergency came up, that left my 3k + half of my wages each month for emergencies. If nothing happened I put forward my wages for that month that was extra into investing.

It isn't that hard see? Only if you are bad with money management should you have a bigger umbrella.

Your mileage will vary based on your income and living expenses + bills. Make sure to figure out your minimum monthly requirements and your comfortable level of living before working on setting it up.

I think that this thread, and everyone who agrees with OP is a autistic faggot.

This is biz, not some hobby board like /co/ or Veeky Forums. If you know what you're looking for when coming here you should have no problem getting it, if not make a thread on your own and people with similar interest may come to discuss.

When you do the threads don't have to be active like on /b/ or /r9k/, which is good for quality.

In fact, by your reasoning OP, I'm frankly fucking tired of seeing threads like these appearing every week, cancering up the place when a better, more constructive thread could've been conceived.

What's the point? You didn't even offer some link to a place which may encourage better dialog, just decided to bitch instead.

>3-12 months is for someone who is terrible at job hunting and doesn't want to work.
3-12 months covers the range applicable to most people. Not everyone is a minimum wage worker, like you. People with white collar jobs and higher salaries need to be prepared for their job searches to take more time.

Also, not everyone has the same risk tolerances. While you might enjoy the security of living in your mom's basement, other people have expenses that cannot be risked, like mortgages, child care, education, and medical expenses.

Please grow up and learn that financial advice is not one-size-fits-all.

If I laughed and said you were wrong without providing any advice then you would be in a position to tell me to "grow up". My advice simply mirrored that your position fits your advice is not one-size-fits-all. By your tone, you are in upper class, mine is in lower middle class and isn't wrong.

You claimed, erroneously, that larger emergency funds apply only to someone who is, "terrible at job hunting and doesn't want to work." I simply pointed out that your assertion was wrong, and frankly ignorant.

Please get the sand out of your vagina and understand that most of the world does not live the way that you live.

>nuh uh, $5000 is all the money they have!
What a fucking pedant.
kys.

your arguments would hold more weight if you cut out the aid hominem

>aid hominem
And your butthurt would be less funny if you learned to spell.

Welcome to Veeky Forums, faggot. If you're looking for a safe space, I suggest you head straight to reddit.

>>some newfriend thinks he's got "the best app idea ever" but doesn't know how to program
Or doesn't have any real money.

I know how to program Android apps. *I* have the best ideas. Because I've released over two dozen apps and know what works and what doesn't. To SOME extent. My batting average is maybe .250 which is good.

I have people telling me their dumb app ideas all the time. "I have a great idea! *I* give you the idea (and no money), *you* work on it for a few months, and we split it 50/50!" Uh, no. My ideas are better than yours since I have a good idea of what works on Play and what doesn't.

>why the fuck don't we have a sticky?
>Why the fuck don't we have mods?

We desperately need both of these things

>what works on Play and what doesn't
Share some insights, if you will?

I guess you guys missed the point of a containment board

As of right now, I have 97 filtered/hidden threads on Veeky Forums

Half of it is the shit op posted and the other half is r9k trash

I don't go to the cesspool known as /v/ anymore, but even at its worst, I didn't have as many filtered threads.

To make matters worse, I even got a 1 day ban last week because I posted a screenshot of the literally 30 frog threads on the first two pages.

>kill all frogposters

I remember ur threads. Thanks for the filter for the cancer threads :))

Agreed with this poster

Changing jobs takes fucking forever.
Veeky Forums has

1.) lot millenialfags who never held a job in their lives or worse get fired every few months. I wish these faggots were the minority but that's probably wishful thinking.

2.) Most people I know are just miserable wageslaves. They work at jobs they hate paying off student loans slowly.

If a real recession hits and there's mass layoffs like 2008 anyone with only 3 months savings especially group 2 is fucked. Group 1 will probably just continue living at home with mommy and start attending Occupy ralies..

>Share some insights, if you will?

Most people can get a lot by the stuff already out there in the public. The Android team has made some posts and have done some I/O videos of what works on Play, and those are good.

Angry Birds was Rovio's 52nd game. You should not charge for your first app as you don't know what your doing and will be better off getting exposure as opposed to dreams people will pay for the app to compensate your programming time. Put ads on your first (and 2nd, and 3rd) app.

>"I have a great idea! *I* give you the idea (and no money), *you* work on it for a few months, and we split it 50/50!"
These are EXACTLY the people I'm talking about.

And then they do all secret and shady about their "revolutionary" idea.

It's called a filter. Use it. Every time you find a new trigger word, add it to the filter. My list:
>bitcoin
>mgt
>eth
>cope
>neet
>trump
>bitcoins
>crytocurrencies
>ETC
>TGD
>pump and dump
>crypto
>stocks
>major
>majors
>memecoin
>inherited

what a fag

>lottery
>gambling

>If you have under $5000, don't bother investing.
Turn that into $100,000 as a bare minimum and you're correct.

>Turn that into $100,000 as a bare minimum and you're correct.

Not really.

Between November 18th, 2014 and December 16th, 2014, Intel stock fell over 6%. The business press was full of stories about how Intel's latest chip was buggy.

I knew the story was overblown and put most of my savings into Intel, which was probably $4000 or so at the time.

I was right. By June of 1995 the stock had doubled from its price in December 2014.

I was still a teenager so betting and losing $4000 which was my whole savings pretty much was not as big a deal. But I turned it into $8000.

Good idea, just added those to my filter as well.

>biz
>not shit
you can only pick one

>filtering crypto threads
May as well go on boringoldmaninvestingforums.com
Seriously there is shit loads of low quality shitcoin shilling but there are pearls of good discussion every now and then.

Sorry to be a pest but it will be seriously funny to watch you cope in 20 years when you look back on your decision to hang out in a place that constantly gave you heads up on crypto and you chose to filter it all.

This board really should be more heavily policed to prevent this shit.

There should also be certain general threads to contain the routine stuff:

You are the person we're talking about.

>hurrrr XXXXcoin will go to the moon, this time I'm sure!