Is economics a good degree? I just quitted physics and have been thinking about it. Also general degree thread i guess

Is economics a good degree? I just quitted physics and have been thinking about it. Also general degree thread i guess

a good degree for what? making you rich right out of school with no effort?

god I am getting so tired of these threads...

Depends on what you want to do.

As with any degree, you can take as much or as little away from it. I have colleagues with economic degrees who are burger flippers, academia, and big bucks.

not for getting rich, not at all, i meant if it is a meme career or a "good" choice, if its way more probable ending up as a burger fliper or if i can get an actual job

Just get a technical degree if all you want is a "degree" that can get you an "actual" job.

>quitted

Is it their GPA, connections, or interest in the material that put them in these separate leagues

all of the above

that's not the point at all

so what is the point...?

there is no universal answer to the "best degree". it's different for everyone.

just if it is a meme one that gets you nowhere or you can get a job with it (without implying my only interest is this last part)
If i studied philosophy (pretty much a meme career) i wouldn't really expect ending up having a job related to it, but i would know it before even considering to study it.

you can get a job in literally any field you want to study... I know brilliant people who studied art history who work at the Met, people who actually DID study what you call a meme (do you even know what this is?), philosophy, who are very well off and very well respected. I went to school with people who studied economics and who are working in finance. It really doesn't matter.

If you are solely basing your degree choice off of what other people tell you is a good idea, you will never get a good job. You'll hate your field and people will be able to tell.

I'm studying a BS in Environmental Science due to past work experience doing industrial hygiene/asbestos and lead. Am I making the right choice?

I honestly just want a nice cozy 9-5 that pays well.

So many naive college students on this board, I swear it.

"Please senpai, tell me how to live my life!"

"Well, my recent google search told me that my degree promises me x amount of annual income, thus I should I expect to earn that much"

"What about Bitcoins?"

>people who say "quitted" are allowed to go to university

impressive

this

this is what I thought as well

Hope he/she/Apache helicopter not considering an English degree

did u just assume my model of helicopter??

Depends.

If you were planning on being a physics professor, economics isnt a good degree

If you want your MBA, youll have very little trouble getting accepted at various schools.