How do rich people apply for jobs?

>h-hey mike..
>Heyyyy buddy! Hows it been?
>about that... I'm kinda in a shit right now. My ex wife squeezed me hard in the divorce so I can't keep up the monthly fee on my private jet. Reckon you could give me a non exec role at your Hedge fund?
>sure buddy! Anything for an old friend!

So is this how it normally works for rich people applying for jobs Veeky Forums? Did I miss anything out?

Other urls found in this thread:

glassdoor.com/blog/heres-ceos-earn-employee/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rich people don't work for an employer

yeah pretty much

lol riiiiiiight. keep trading those cryptos, you'll make it one day.

Huh?

They really don't though. Rich is $10million+ networth. Who is a guy worth $10mm going to work for? Any jobs salary would be like 1/40th of his networth even if it's $250k/yr

have you ever heard of something called a "CEO"?

I know it's a radical concept

I don't think you know what you're talking about

Most CEOs don't make that much money

glassdoor.com/blog/heres-ceos-earn-employee/

>the Glassdoor Economic Research team analyzed S&P 500 companies to compare what their CEOs earn in total compensation vs. median total compensation for employees. Across these companies, the average CEO pay was $13.8 million per year

>of fortune 500 companies

how many of those companies are there to be CEO of? Hint: it's 500

And you're assuming "rich people" are capable of being ceos of these massive companies

>thinks there are only 500 companies in the US

The other ones make exponentially less

Also if you think you can become a ceo through "connections" or "asking a buddy" like OP says I have no idea where you got that idea

>Also if you think you can become a ceo through "connections" or "asking a buddy" like OP says I have no idea where you got that idea

Nobody has said anything of the sort. You're whacked out bro lol

>entire thread about rich people using their connections and friends to get them a job
>hurrrr noone said anything like that u mess up durrrr

Fucking summer cant end soon enough

That's literally the thread topic

OP Literally said

>Reckon you could give me a non exec role at your Hedge fund?
>give me a non exec role at your Hedge fund?
>non exec role at your Hedge fund?
>non exec role at your
>non exec role

Really, is CEO a non-exec role?

Fucking hell, how autistic are you?

Okay dude whatever

I'm the faggot here and you're right, you can have the last word I'm clearly retarded and have no idea what I'm talking about. Sorry for shitposting in this thread

ITT: jimmies rustled

>accused of being a autist
>posts maymays

theres alot of large privately owned.

such as epic

For starters, they don't argue about the number of businesses in America on an internet imageboard.

What the fucking fuck kind of new bait is this

>are only 500 companie
good 1

i just got a job like this today, so to answer your question: yes.
connections are everything -> business is about people

Man it's very fucking easy to be rich. There's just one step.

Get a job, get your pay... get some idea.. and hire someone using your pay. Pay them LESS than you make, to generate MORE value in return for yourself.

As soon as you do this, if you pick the right person. You're set.

How does this work if you have an associate who is stupid rich but you are not?

My parents are friends with a super rich family, but not close friends. I hardly know them. But I want them to hook me up with a job. What's my move, Veeky Forums?

>be high-ranking oil exec working for a specific company, specialized in the oil business in Latin/South America
>resign because of reasons unrelated to your performance (oil crash is tightening wallets, some board member is making a power play against another and those connected to the latter board member suddenly find themselves vulnerable, etc)

>spend two weeks kicking it back, still getting severance pay
>call up CEO of Spanish construction company that you worked with in close conjunction on various projects while at the oil company
>ask if he wants to do lunch in Madrid or the like
>1 week later
>after talking/eating for 2 hours about life, how business is going, etc
>In the end, he says he is thinking of bringing you onboard as a contractor so you can help advise on Latin/South American operations

>have dinner with hotel owner that you met and became friends with while working as an oil exec
>mentions he's working some Vietnamese guys who want to invest in a new property in Cuba
>since you speak fluent Spanish, have a non-US passport, and are now free, he thought you can help him with this
>go along
>do this for a few weeks, he offers you a 6-figure advisory position at his firm based in Florida

Basically like this. And yes, this is based on a real life example of someone I know.

Rich people don't apply for jobs; they are offered jobs.

Most rich people (at least in the US) are self-made; to make enough money to reasonably be considered 'rich' (i.e. $50m+) you have to be quite good at something.

People recognise that and they value it; and so people who have proven themselves competent and valuable are offered roles which they may or may not be interested in by people who have recognised their ability.

They usually get offered positions as CEO or CFO of a company at that point.

Most CEOs own the corporation. He's right and you're wrong.

You wanna make millions? You better own the capital.