Previous Thread:

Helpful links:
irowiki.org/classic/Main_Page
irowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
ratemyserver.net/
db.irowiki.org/db/
db.irowiki.org/classic/

DankRO, /rog/'s official server is up!
14/14/100 (0.05% MVP cards, other minor exceptions)
Pre-Renewal
Infodump pastebin: pastebin.com/5SRQYBnj
Download links and registration info in the pastebin.

/rog/ guilds:
Poporing Slappers 62/64

Pastebin with other servers with /rog/ players:
pastebin.com/2tmrGJ8c

/rog/ Discord with linked IRC channel.
Discord invite link: discord.gg/su6g8JC
IRC: #/rog/ at chat.freenode.net

/rog/ Pastebin: pastebin.com/Naw0ALVR
If you have any suggestions for the pastebin, please post in the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?tx2inrvq5k356q0
mediafire.com/?bxt16iy09pt5ght
ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=5151&ird=0&small=1&back=1
ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=5293&small=1
ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=5800&small=1
ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=5377&small=1
ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=5518&small=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Devfag please add silver and fire arrows to the tool dealer in Prontera.

God damn it devfag, even costumes have class restriction. Please fix this now.

Please fix song flashing, song should cancel out when re-equiping two of the same kind of weapon.

Thread died yesterday, but here it is, the patcher at last:

mediafire.com/?tx2inrvq5k356q0

Small note: If you need to run the game as administrator, the game will not launch from the patcher without running it as administrator too.

I'm also going to upload a new full client (about 1 gig smaller than the old one to boot).
I already tried once but the upload failed at 95%. Can't give an ETA on when it will be up because mediafire is sloooow but likely hours away.

Sure thing!

I'm unsure if you can, don't know if disabling headgear restrictions will do it either.

Pretty sure it's supposed to cancel when you equip a non instrument like dagger or bow, not re-equipping your instrument / another instrument. If it did before that'd be a bug now fixed most likely.

Devafg, have you had the chance to improve the refine skill for whitesmiths too? Good job on things btw.

I couldn't actually find anything about its refine in the files relating to skills when I increased the odds.

Tried google too but no luck.

So I _think_ it might just use the same table as the refine NPC.

>Pretty sure it's supposed to cancel when you equip a non instrument like dagger or bow
This is working, but the problem is, if I had 2 violins, equipping the 2nd violin doesn't cancel out the songs.

When are you going to put song icons?

It never worked like that fag git gud

Full Client is finally uploaded!

mediafire.com/?bxt16iy09pt5ght

I also added a few more hats and Fire/Silver arrows to the tool dealer.

does it include two patches from pastebin?

Yep.

New headgears when? I want that cool looking headphone (color blue)

ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=5151&ird=0&small=1&back=1
?

yeah that one.

bampatsu!

Control panel tomorrow friends. I've put together a poor little site which will go live then too.

It's just server info and download links, but it beats using pastebin.

I'll add more hats after I've gotten a few requests

I've added the headphones to my list for now

/rog/ is dead, Long live /rog/!

bump

How do we fix Pre-renewal bois?

More poring variants

>nerf/rework acid demonstration
>game is fixed
Woah, that sure was hard.

Yeah but Z________ won't let me do that.
Any other ideas?

ABANDON ALL DELUSIONS OF BALANCE!

!!RE-SHUFLFING THE GAME!!

>RANDOM SPAWN + EQUIP DROPS WITH RANDOM ENCHANTS SERVER!
>1-1 SERVER!
>2-2 SERVER WITH REWORKED SKILLS!
>SESONAL PVP/WOE SERVER!
>TRANS SERVER WITH THE OPTION OF GOING 3RD CLASS WITHOUT REBIRTH ONLY, WITH 3RD CLASSES AND CONTENT RETOOLED FOR IT!

>MORE PORINGS!

let's revive the RO Hombrew SCENE!

>TRANS SERVER WITH THE OPTION OF GOING 3RD CLASS WITHOUT REBIRTH ONLY, WITH 3RD CLASSES AND CONTENT RETOOLED FOR IT!

What an awful idea.

>SESONAL PVP/WOE SERVER!

We have that every fucking year

>2-2 SERVER WITH REWORKED SKILLS!

Welp i kinda wanted to release class updates that fixes their main problems but dunno.

>1-1 SERVER!

So, the most boring RO server?

>RANDOM SPAWN + EQUIP DROPS WITH RANDOM ENCHANTS SERVER!

The fuck? more RNG?

FUCK OFF FAG.
WESTERNERS CAN'T HAVE/MAINTAIN BIG COMMUNITIES IN RO SERVERS SO MIGHT AS WELL HAVE FUN WITH SMALL SERVERS WITH CUSTOM GAMEPLAY GIMMICKS

BRING BACK THE FUN TO RO.
MAKE MIDGARD GREAT AGAIN.

We have that kind of random shit and gimmicks everywhere, just search a server for it

>inb4: 4 players online

That's what you get.

GO ON MAKE YOUR SHITTY VANILLA TRANS/ RENEWAL SERVER AND SEE HOW IT NEVER COMES CLOSE TO BEING AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINALS.

HEED TO MY ADVICE, ABANDON AL DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR AND PLAY AT JRO.

EVEN THEN I WONDER IF YOU WILL FIND SATISFACTION THERE.

>archbishop art
Glad we can all agree that renewal has the best girls.

Make all card drops 2%. Having access to Mini and MVP cards only forces you to be better at switching

MvP and mini boss cards are bullshit that should be removed from the game.

Plus 2% is too much, you will end up having 500 cards of every monster when you get to level 99.

No, vanilla is not the solution since it's the same decade old game we had till these days.

What we need is content.

that was the case pre high wizard and fallen bishop cards but now it is just horseshit.

>pre-renewal
>content
lmfao

Yes, what about it, fuckboi?

Glad I don't play with autists who seek new content in a version of RO that's been deprecated for years.

Glad you confirm my point.
None of these cashgrab servers took their time to convert content so of course, pre-renewal got stuck all this time with the same shit for years.

>MvP and mini boss cards are bullshit that should be removed from the game.
t. pserver scrub

I'd also like to see the cards used as an in game gambling mini game card game.

>Waaaa i need MvP cards to be proficient!!

Spotted the Taloncuck that plays an abortion of Ragnarok Online.

>pre-renewal got stuck all this time with the same shit for years
So if you want to play renewal like I do, then play renewal?

TO BE HONEST LOOKING FOR "NEW" CONTENT IN PRE-RE IS PRETTY STUPID WITH OUT CHANGING HOW MONSTERS WORK.
SINCE PEOPLE WOULD JUST RE-ADAPT THE RENEWAL MONSTERS WITH BLAND MECHANICS SINCE RMS HAS INCORRECT INFORMATION FOR ALL OF THEM.

UNLESS YOU ARE HAPPY WITH SLAPPING A BIG PORING WITH A LOT OF HP THAT USES EQ AND HJ EVERY OTHER TIME.

THIS OF COURSE IS NO EASY TASK AND IT WOULD MAKE THE HYPOTHETICAL DEVELOPER QUESTION IF IS "IT REALLY WORTH IT?", "HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY PLAY THAT SERVER?", "HOW MUCH TIME WOULD IT LAST?"

IN THE END RO PSERVER SCENE IS ALWAYS IN A CATCH 22 SCENARIO.

Not everyone likes renewal mechanics and 3rd jobs, homie.

Do you think i'm stupid enough to just slap a "RMS" monster in pre-renewal with stupid stats and no skills except earthquake?
REALLY
E
A
L
L
Y

WELL OF COURSE SMARTY PANTS, I DON'T KNOW WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND MOST OF THE OTHER ATTEMPTS TO ADAPT RENEWAL CONTENT BY OTHER SERVERS END UP WITH RETARDED SHIT LIKE THAT.

SO THE QUESTION NOW IS HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WORKING ON YOUR SERVER FAG?

Then why exactly are you people making a thread called "Ragnarok Online General" when I feel like one of the very few here actually playing RO?

If you want to develop your own game, go develop your own game instead of hijacking the assets and intellectual property of others. We have /agdg/ threads here.

Holy fuck the sheer ignorance and entitlement of these threads never ceases to amaze me, but I guess I shouldn't be expecting much from people so ostracized by society that they retreat to an anonymous Malaysian cavepainting board to express their ignorant entitled opinions at each other.

I for one don't care about renewal mechanics, areas and items.

But man I'd love dem 3rd jobs. Trans got stale a long time ago.

LEIKA DEV CONFIRMED

You can't stop us, Ragnarok has a huge potential, and is still a pretty fun game.

Personally i'm not going to stand there chugging renewal shit when i don't like it.

For about a year, we already tested instances with parties and all that stuff.

I hate the casting classes in renewal, they managed to make them all boring, for me at least.

I bet you love Dorams too fagdev

>Ragnarok has a huge potential, and is still a pretty fun game.
I agree, but from what I can gather you aren't even playing it.

YOU ARE THE ONE TO TALK FAGGOT, IF YOU START DISSING PS HOMEBREW YOU ARE DISSING YOUR OWN SHITTY RENEWAL PRIVATE SEVERS, SO UNLESS YOU ARE ACTUALLY PLAYING "THE TRU RENEWAL EXPERIENCE" AT JRO YOU CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF.

GOOD TO HEAR THERE ARE SOME OTHER PEOPLE THAT MINGLE WITH RO HOMEBREW HERE, MIND SHARING SPECIFICS?

I stopped playing it when we closed our server to go full retard on our project, indeed.

Why do you think i posted "How can we fix pre-re" I'm interested in the players opinion.

Low XP rate, "high" card drop rate.
Converted content so poring slappers can have fun with instances or new maps to get gear that allows you to play fun builds, or just get that one badass hat you always wanted.
That's all i can share atm.

Why are you so mad? If you're that needy for attention, just adopt a trip and make it easier to filter you. And for the record, I play the official iRO server.

Are you a developer working for Gravity or a licensed subsidiary? Or are you an entitled autist appropriating others' intellectual property?

Just make everyone a GM and everything will be solved. EVERYTHING.

I don't see you posting screen shots or talking about in which official server you are "actually playing RO".
Because if you are not playing on an official you are not getting the real renewal mechanics no matter what your shitty pserver admin says.

So instead of shitting up the thread with your autistic rant, try to provide discussion you want to see instead of replying to shit you don't want to see.

>entitled this
>entitled that
>>>reddit

>in which official server you are
But I did here:

So you're not an official RO developer then, got it.

HA! THE ONLY ONE MAD IS YOU HERE GETTING BUTTBLASTED BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE "APPROPIATING OTHERS' INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY"

MIGGA THIS IS RO, THE LAND OF PSERVERS IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GO SEARCH FOR ANOTHER GAME OR ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT YOUR SERVER HERE INSTEAD OF GETTING MAD AT SOMETHING COMPLETELY NORMAL.

So now i need to work for Gravity to make a fun server?
I won't be getting one single dollar off this, you know, if you're interested you can even join the fun.

is that your RO girlfriend, user?

I don't know, you're looking pretty mad to me with your ALL CAPS LOOK AT ME tantrums.

>RO, THE LAND OF PSERVERS
>RO is just an idea, goy
>everyone can make their own RO, goy
>what's wrong, don't you like diversity, goy? oy vey!
>hey dev, gibsmedis, gibsmedat, #pinoylivesmatter, sheeeit

Sorry for jarring your little entitled hugbox with a dose of reality I guess.

You flatter me, i'm not an amateur game developer!
I'm just a RO aficionado.
I know you don't have an open mind and you just want us to play on iRO or jRO, but you need to understand that many people really likes the old Ragnarok Online mechanics, and we want to make an enjoyable experience out of it.

Yeah, i used to name my Scholar Reimu Hakurei, while i used the charming ribbon.

Also add this to the list.
Ramen Hat
ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=5293&small=1

Blush of Groom
ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=5800&small=1

Gentleman's Pipe
ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=5377&small=1

Large Baphomet Horn
ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=5518&small=1

>RO aficionado
I seem to be the only one here, sadly.

"You need to be playing a shitfest called iRO otherwise you don't like ragnarok!"

Yeah... right.

At least iRO is actually Ragnarok Online, and I'm pretty sure there's also euRO, jRO, twRO, kRO...

All renewal, and classic iRO is basically dead.

ok kid

Website where?

BEAT THE PRESSURE

hey autist SUCCCC this bump

suck on THIS *unzips dick*

dead

Uuh but is this gravity's renewal cock?

bump

I'd like more recolors of porings please.

update it to renewal

>please add an item that is part of a quest you need to do an instance for to the hat vendors because i'm too stupid and lazy to do the quest

That's a downgrade, senpai.

Whitesmith cartboost!

devfag please quit your job so you can implement things on this dead server quicker

max level 255/120 servers, max stat 150, 196 aspd, cooldowns for most skills are based off aspd instead rates are 300x exp and 100x including mvp cards

How about you pay me for my services if it isn't going fast enough for you

This looks like so much fun

>tfw can't play weekends

You guys are still playing, r-right?

>put more content into pre-re!
>instead of fucking fixing renewal
why are MMO communities so fucking stupid

Go play TalonRO for that and more!

Because pre-renewal was much better than keknewal, so why fix something terribly broken, when you can modify a system that worked really well.

renewal is unfixable kikelover

trans was a fucking failure as well, so why do most people shove that shit in without just porting the trans content?

t. shitpost clique

I don't even know what a creppe is

>fixing renewal
isn't that what leika's doing?

>skill rebalances
what renewal needs is to remake a fuck ton of skills, balancing wont help something that's inherently broken.

What /rog/ needs is to fuck off and die.

sage