It is socially unacceptable to live in an apartment with roommates

>It is socially unacceptable to live in an apartment with roommates

Can we please get rid of this stigma in US society? Not everyone makes 50k+ a year to live on their own.

Huh?

Living with roommates is cool

Socially unacceptable by who's standards?

I feel like I'd still live with roommates even if I could afford not to desu. It's nice to have people around and I don't need much space. Living in some giant mcmansion all alone is just something normie baby boomers aspire to.

Living with chad who makes a mess and get drunk every night isn't fun

honestly, i don't like living with room mates, but i think if you have some good ones it's ok. I rather see people around 20 years old living with room mates over seeing them live with mommy and daddy. There is a different vibe from people that live away from their parents... a good productive one usually.

I'm unaware of this stigma, but I'd never do it myself.

It's the fucking opposite OP
People are all too ready to live with roommates
It's fucking retarded, you shouldn't have to share living space like that with anyone other than family.

I've never heard of this stigma before... always lived with roommates... nobody cares. why are you so insecure about it? lol

What??? Living with roomates is smart even if you make 100k a year.
Ive never looked down on somone for living with roomates .....loving with parents is a whole nother story.

then find nerds/geeks like yourself
I live with a shitty shared apt and really wish I could find a group of college brahs to live with

after a certain point it gets weird like if your 35 and living with 20 year olds it's a bit odd

No, I'm not a fan of personal items mysteriously disappearing.

People who think Holmes and Watson were romantically involved.

I lived on my own making 15k a year.

That said I loved living with roommates.... so long as we all had jobs, all had cars, all had our own rooms. Lacking any one of those it sucked.

>I lived on my own making 15k a year.
What, out of a van? Seriously, how and why?

do u live in some Alabama in the hood or something

lol, I live in a 1 bedroom apt alone in Washington, work a part-time IT job and only make minimum wage. Rent is $475, around $550 with utilities, and I make roughly $800 a month. Not everyone lives in a stupidly expensive area, ya pleb.

In what magical suburb is this? I would kill for those rates in a decent apartment.

is it in a dangerous area?

only way u get rent like that in nyc area is with roommates and the hood where ull prob die for being white

Eastern Washington, I'm a few miles from the university I attend and moved here from Los Angeles where a similar setup would cost me around 3x as much. There really isn't any crime around here. Move out of a major metropolitan area and I guarantee you that the rents are going to be cheap.

btw my apartment is falling apart (I can literally pull the bricks out of the exterior of my unit) and the water turns colors randomly (landlord has told me it's rust... lol), but if I was a bit more wealthy, a nice 1 bedroom apartment would be around $600-$700.

St Louis city.

Rent was 375 a month + utility

Not the hood but not far off

Roomates all suck dick user.

I made 50k for the first time in my life this year. 30. On my own since 18

I hate you all.
I live in a shitty auto industry vacuum area where a 1 bedroom apartment starts at 800, no utilities.

depends on your age... I lived in a flat share in London in my 20s - rent was cheap, I was the main point of contact with the landlord and sorted out the rent, bills etc... we sublet the box room to aussie backpackers etc.. to subsidise everyone else's rent too - worked out I was probably paying about half the market rate for a massive double room then I turned 30 and bought my own flat, I wouldn't want to flatshare these days - fine in your 20s when you still go out drinking mid week whith the rest of your grad scheme buddies etc.. though after over 10 years of flatsharing at uni then in London + with more responsibility in your job/career it isn't so good.

>he thinks $50k a year before taxes is a big salary

>he needs more than 40k a year

filthy consumer

it is absolutely acceptable

but i absolutely fucking hated it
back with my parents and it's a million times better

same desu

I'm about ready to just live in a van, I have lived with roommates for 4 years now all friends or friends of friends and have had to deal with thieves, heroin addicts, shitty loud music, people late on bills, etc. Moved back in with parents recently and they don't want me here long, it's a small house. No one will rent me an apartment because I'm self employed and don't have wage slave pay stubs and I don't want to waste most of my money paying the jewlord his overpriced rent anyway

It not socially unacceptable. For young people it's the standard.

Its not socially unacceptable unless you are in your mid 30s. By then you should be co-habitating with a partner, or successful enough to afford your own place

Show them your bank statements.

>Thinks salary is a good thing

Stay wage cuck and layoffs at any point.

Atlanta

ATL BABY

Can't stand roommates of any kind unless she's fucking me. I guess if I had my own room I could turn into a dorm like setting for myself I could deal until I murder them in their sleep

Ideally, perhaps. In reality: after my parents got divorced, my mid-40s mom had to live with a roommate until she could save up enough to get her own place.

Nearly the entire female population who are worth anything. Women don't want to be with a loser who doesn't have his own place.