/ovg/ - Trucks edition

Welcome to Auto Video Games General. The place to discuss racing games on Veeky Forums!

Previous thread Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

virtualr.net/sim-racing-system-ac-now-available
youtu.be/mGFVO3ol6tE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE BITCH

Is the new/2016 R8 GT3 in iRacing worth the price and effort of getting a subscription and grinding to the needed license?

>a.k.a "is the 'new' R8 any good"?

If it's made by Iracing.com it must be well simulated and good - Scott Taylor5

>not getting the AMG for weaboo skins

>TOYOTA

*vapes*

>there are people ITT not at Laguna Seca right now

>3 people in the picture
>2 of the are obese

land of the free, home of the big macs

>going to the race track while Germany invades my town

Can you count senpai

They've appeared at the front of the grid at every track I've driven, so they're fast enough to compete. Don't know how they feel to drive though.

I heard from one owner that CTS-V is quite close in terms of handling.

Fuck off Barney

fuck off barney fagballs

anyone britbongs going to the blancpain at bongs hatch or silverstone?

are you networking with GTD teams mr apex?

>trying to talk to teams on race day

HAHA no

I might go to Silverstone again. It was alright last year.

>AC

cum back barney cumballs

She's not smug here.
You had ONE job. ONE job.

If you post smug anime pictures in the year 2016, you deserve to be sodomized - Stuart Hamilton *Father of 3 time f1 world champion, Lewis Hamilton.

o shit waddup

virtualr.net/sim-racing-system-ac-now-available

tripsfags gtfo

Onboard video from novice race yesterday. youtu.be/mGFVO3ol6tE

One guy wrecked #SorryKraid

Oh shit now we got anons in pro racing?

>anons
it's Kiwi "fucking your sister" Fruit

>acting like I know from a simple video and picture
Well good for him. Glad to see he is getting into pro racing.

you should have Kiwis channel since he posted quite a few vids here, also the GSCE F3 vid even has his name there

I never really pay attention to the uploader

well you should

Daycab ftw

This winter I am planning on purchasing a formula continental to race in the NWFC championship. Right now I am renting speg miada to get my novice ICSCC license out of the way. Plus go karts, always go karts.

Man, I hope you do good. Wish I could do pro racing or have the funds to or someone to fund me

Thanks, I saw your lemons thread, I hope you continue racing as well.

~~~buy a go kart~~~

>he was at Laguna Seca when he could have been at Talladega

I hope so too. I had a blast so I want to try and keep it going. Why go kart? Is that how they saw how good you were and brought you to real cars?

Nobody headhunts in racing, you always have to pony up and buy a seat at the lower levels. Go karts are cheap seat time against really stiff competition, best place to git gud on a budget. A set of tires is $215 and with the right class you'll be racing against 25+ people every race. Also they are faster than anything else for the money, my stock honda CR125 does a 1:36 around laguna seca. R35 GT-R territory for street cars.

Truly a sad world we live in. I've thought about it but even then that is expensive but if I do try to do pro racing I guess I will try karts. I'll have to hit you and Isaac up whenever that happens. But for now I'm really hooked on normal car racing. tfw another team that was there said they might need me for a race later on because they really liked how I handled myself out on track for a 'nooby'. So it might be just lemons but I guess people think I was good out there

It's not too bad when you start out, it's just that once you do git gud you want to race at bigger races in faster vehicles. My first kart was a 4-stroke World Formula, which is the popular thing at the local club level sprint tracks around here. Lo206 is another very similar class. Very cheap to buy and maintain and the tire is a spec tire that lasts a few weekends. I figure it costs me around $150/race for the local club level stuff for everything including driving there and beer afterwards. I still race it all the time just because it's so cheap and the competition is really hard to beat. It's not as ludicrously fast as a shifter kart but it's plenty quick for the smaller go kart-specific tracks.

Lemons is cool too though, the important thing is that you keep on racing as much as possible.

Why not race in rF2 instead of AC?
Price? Ease?

Don't bother asking questions like this. The real answer is we just bounce around from sim to sim choosing whatever has the cars we want and seems the least broken at the time.

That's actually not bad for a weekend. Yeah the more I race the better I will be plus the more people I will meet

For sure, one of the best things about racing is the people. Even if you don't have anything to drive I highly recommend showing up to your local races to volunteer and do flagging or grid work or something. Lots of cool people to hang out with and make friends with.

>can listen to music on all the dirt rally stages now while just having the pace notes as quite white noise that i refer to sometimes

When the fuck are some new stages going to come out, i am not going to get better just doing the same stages over and over.

The state of GT3 mods in rF2 isn't that great, and AC at least has a few GT3 cars in stock content.

Is there a reason you're not doing SRF or SM?

>Dirt Rally
>game from 2015
>has "500" km of stages (only around 125km total if disregarding repeats and reverses)

>Rally Championship 2000
>game from 1999
>has over 650km of stages (1300km if you count going backwards as separate stages)

I like miatas and all but I kinda want the first real racecar I buy to be actually faster than my go kart.

why not save for retirement instead of chasing a pipe dream

because if he races hard enough he wont have to worry about retirement

why, because he'll be dead?

In theory the fact AC has a bunch of good first party GT3 cars and tracks makes it ideal for league racing without the drama of shit mods.

In reality AC's crappy multiplayer and like everything else but tire feel makes it a terrible idea.

Just a question, do you actually watch real life motorsports? Legit question no shitpost

Dirt devs have said no more content after console release for a while now. Looks like dirt rally 2 is coming instead.

>pipe dream
he said formula continental not formula one

wew lad ae86 mod is on

The Crew is FUN

do you have a picture of Magnussens Corvette?

>karts, always go karts
ayyy

How much can I customise cars, and is there a clutch

what does isaac race?

What a cunt. You still lose SR from pre qual-practice so no good stopping in the middle of the road.

karts as well

and he did it again during the race, taking out 2-3th place. Not that it was a exciting race i was leading for all 26 laps

>2-3th

I don't think you do

Yes, there is a Clutch and H-Shifter Support.
Cruising around is loads of fun.
You can customise some cars more than others, but i think it's enough. Don't expect NFS:U 2 kinda customisation tho. Just look at some Gameplay Videos and you will know if this game is for you. Keep in mind, there have been a LOT of changes since Beta / Release.

Yeah it's like 0.3 of a normal incident

>Looks like dirt rally 2 is coming instead
hopefully spectators won't be static obstacles

Oh, that's kinda bad. I hoped they'll keep releasing new things, i mean we got some new cars long after going out of pre-release phase.

Damn, this game doesn't even have any kind of "red" tracks like kenya or something for now, come on

Does that mean it will be dirt rally ken block monster energy YOU SHOULD PUT THAT ON YOUTUBE gymkhana edition?

Spectators being by the road really annoy me, the worst is when they are on the inside of a corner, or the outside of a corner exit and you make a slight mistake

Help me guys, is this even a drift anymore?
It feels like I am just skidding the tires a bit and is nothing close to the more flashy drifts like

like this webm. Be honest with me guys, am I going astray?

Aim for being able to fuck it up by applying too much throttle. That's when you're "drifting", not when you just rush into the corner and lose traction a little.

just go too fast for every corner and the drifting becomes accidental

>Aim for being able to fuck it up by applying too much throttle.
But that doesn't make sense, I mean, in the skid3 webm I mainly control where my car ends up with throttle control and minimal countersteer.
In the madman webm, I mainly control the drift with a good set up, though breaking and the flick. The actual drift happens on full counter steer and full throttle.

Do you consider this webm a "true" drift?

Here is where I am conflicted. If you go to fast you are going to get more drifts, the problem is that not every drift is fast and practical. A lot of the time I find that if I am overspeeding into a corner then even though I can drift and recover, the drift feels big, wide, and slow, compared to a more control and less flashy drift.

You're using the wrong game to learn drifting. You either use the drift mode which lets the car break traction in 5th from a standstill or you play races where it has infinite grip and traction control.

>multiplayer with pCars works with cracked versions

pCars series when?

but aint the "server" browser connected with steam

You can bypass all that shit

>or you play races where it has infinite grip and traction control.
Pretty much all of my webms are done in normal race mode and not in drift mode. I don't get it, is it supposed to lose traction even more often?

>playing an arcade game and expecting it to handle like real cars

If you want to drift cars the best game to buy at the moment is unfortunately Assetto Corsa

I've seen a bunch of projects for the wangan showdown for the past threads, so don't forget to put them in the doc once you finished them. I want the entries to put their cars by saturday, so we can make a proper carset, to avoid issues with people getting mismatches.

And as always, don't be shy with requests. I will also fiddle with a couple of project cars, if people are undecided. Apart of my RS4 avant, I plan on making an R33 and an NSX with extra power, for people to use.

hol up

*smacks lips*

Can I use the time attack RX-7?

Never
pCars is shit
Tires don't heat up even when pushing the limits of grip
Clutch feels like shit

Mod? The AE86 came with the game, m8.
Am I missing something here?