/mcg/ - Minecraft General - tfw the Sultan Dies edition

Previous bread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/KryptonCaptain
javadecompilers.com/
ftbwiki.org/Altar
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yYsLU-07vTtWRfWT2QAh070MAnJGzfu4oX4shcl74ys/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Creative

thaumcraft

Third for Building Wands. Holy shit these things are awesome.

4th for people spamming 'ded' every time the serb has delay

They help a lot with building without being mawpc.

>github.com/KryptonCaptain
6th for forks. Link in OP when?

-Baubles Minus Botania 2: The Rewrite
-Simple Redstone (botania hourglass, open crate, ender observer)
-Simple Conveyors (IE conveyors, router and hammer)
-TCon (better battlegear slot compat for tools, config to disable mystcraft page blacklist)
-Thaumic Bases (configs for more modules, new tab layout, content cleanup)

-Witching Gadgets [WIP] (content cleanup, config for modules, new tab layout)

The OP in the Etherpad looked out of date so I just copied from the last thread. I'll update it now that we have a new thread.

ded

but muh terraformer

do you think you could work on thaumic horizons next?
it's a great mod but it still lacks some stuff (like having infusions for the bats, or improving instilled loyalty) and there's a few glitchy things here and there (unless it changed, anything that gives more attack damage to your mobs simply doesn't work)

>settled down on a RTG mega taiga because I wanted a taiga close to a river
>trees fucking everywhere so I get all the lag in the world
>could have just settled down in a plains biome and used that thing to change it to taiga instead
füg

Addind to what user said about Thaum horizions, MAKE THE SERROCONVERTER NOT FUCKING CRASH YOU WHEN YOU HAVE FORBIDDEN MAGIC INSTALLED
I JUST WANT TO BE A SUPER EDGY BLOOD MAGE REEEEEEEEEEEE

Just use the normal version of the mod then :^)

Horizons isn't open source unfortunately. Wish it was though, author has been missing for months. I wanted to try and add a lens that hides the glow of nodes, so huge energised ones are less obnoxiously blinding

But then again, the last time I tried using that thing on creative it took forever and drained literarially all the vis in the world. I won't miss it too much.
I wonder if the game is going to throw any shitfit if I move from the original version into yours.

>hats
you're poor ram

well then, if you want to update a mod from 1.6 to 1.7, magitech mechs is open source but a bit bare
i'm sure you could add a lot more cool stuff to it (and there's also code for a mining machine inside, but i don't think it has textures)

what's the best hqm or other quest style pack out there right now, i have downs and cannot use nei effectively

Every time I try and get into Thaumcraft I quickly burn out on it before I make any real progression. Not because of the specific scanning you need to do in the beginning. Not because of the boring research. Not even because of having to find around searching for nodes because you can never find one specific aspect.
It's because I can not for the life of me create a good looking area for it. No matter what I do it always turns out ugly or too cramped.

Regrowth

>It's because I can not for the life of me create a good looking area for it.
What? Just set out space of an infusion altar and from there build a small study table for your arcane workbench and research table and another room with a Thaumatorium and Arcane Furnace. Have all your jars in a backroom behind the Arcane Furnace. If you even want you can have a little tunnel for a golem to run back and forth through to sort your essentia if you don't want nice clean pipes.

Pixel Perfect changes a lot of names for shit. This is the most infuriating.

That's supposed to be an ender pearl.

New serb, new need for comfy.

Centerpiece is going to be a Big Reactor filled with Graphite and Molten Redstone with everything in the floor below. AE will be used as well, marginally.

>I can not for the life of me create a good looking area for it. No matter what I do it always turns out ugly or too cramped.
That sounds like a personal problem to me. I built an entire castle to keep my Thaumcraft stuff in.

>Horizons isn't open source unfortunately
>only just think of decompiling it now
Guess that solves that problem.

B-but I've never ported a mod before...

There's some sort of lore for some reason behind those name changes, as far as I remember.
And damn you user you're making me feel like using that resource pack again.

Here's further along. Each floor is about 6-7 blocks high. Alchemy stuff is on the top floor. Under that is some space for stabilizers, under that the infusion altar, under that even MORE stabilizers, under that a vat for Thaumic Horizons creature infusions.

If you could figure out how to just pacify mobs instead of turning them all into wolves, I would love you until the end of time. I need a complacent monstergirl harem for my dungeon...

DO IT
THEN DO ATOMIC SCIENCE SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO MOD.
or just teach me

you are the hero we all wanted

no pressure, man, just give it a shot. i don't think it'll be an huge project to just port what's already there (a mech you can ride with a smelting beam) but it'd be cool to see, especially if you add more stuff

>All that work
>For something so fat and ugly
You built the shortstack equivalent of ganon's goddamn castle in an unfitting green plain when you could have gotten something better out of a dungeon mod or millenaire with much less work

>I need a complacent monstergirl harem for my dungeon...

Current castle. I'm really satisfied with it.

Lol was that meant for me?

whoosp

>that roof
Even worse than the shit roofs I make.
Tear it down, do it again.

>he'd rather live in pregen structures than one he built himself
Wow what a faggot. Why are you even playing a sandbox game then?

I was going to actually. Those are EnderIO facades painted as sheet metal. I'm going to tear it out and replace it with real sheet metal. Deal with it.

I'll humor you though. Suggest something for me to use instead if you know so much. I have Chisel, Thaumcraft, IE and Botania.

>I'll humor you though. Suggest something for me to use instead if you know so much.
Just use more than one fucking material. You did a great job on the rest of the exterior, then dropped a one-block-turn on top. Add some extra detail on them, maybe with the purple block you're using.

>I wonder if the game is going to throw any shitfit if I move from the original version into yours.
It might a little bit over certain things. JewSunrise codes almost everything as sub blocks/items - so those which I've removed things from, it might have a hissy fit over blocks/items with invalid meta or damage values. I'll have to test compatibility from old version when I get closer to a release build.

>If you could figure out how to just pacify mobs instead of turning them all into wolves, I would love you until the end of time
Add an infusion for cat AI instead of wolf AI. Got it. Ur waifus gonna be sitting on all of your chests instead.

>teach me
I just googled java decompilers, and ran it though this. Can't teach you anything about porting though.
>javadecompilers.com/

I'm with this user. You went too simple for the roof, and it looks slightly out of place. Even just using Carpenter Slopes or even Stair blocks would have given it a little more life.

I wanted to make my magic room for witchery in the basement of my base, but the manual says I need to have more living things for more powerful results with the altar, my question is:
Whats the most effcicient place to put an altar?
Does it work if I put it like 5 or 6 blocks below the trees? or do I need to make it more close?
The basement is from the window to two blocks at the right of the wood.

>Why are you even playing a sandbox game then?
To do sandbox things, user
I'd rather spend my time on interior decoration, exploration, and actually doing shit in general, than spending days on end doing what worldgen can do in an instant without having to strip mine sections of the world first, all in service of having a space to do the shit I actually want to do

And if you're going to make something worse than the game can make for you, there's really no point anyway
You could have spent all that time getting a way to teleport a twilight forest dungeon into the overworld and came away with something just as spacious but more structurally and visually interesting

Just let him play the game like he likes, some like to explore, others to automate, others to build, etc.

>Add an infusion for cat AI instead of wolf AI. Got it. Ur waifus gonna be sitting on all of your chests instead.
You're beautiful. You are a beautiful person with a beautiful mind.

That doesn't feel right to me. Roofs IRL are usually uniform in color and texture.

>Creative
MAWPC

And I like to have internet fights
Come on user, my autism could kick your autism's ass, let's take this outside

Another minor tweak in the WG fork is the FP camera perspective. I have no idea how to into rendering code, so I've just been slowly changing values one by one.
Not perfect, but at least the arms don't look retarded now.

It has great looks and I love the sky box but fuck me that name changing shit is dumb

I don't think many people are willing to put up with witchery's shit enough to experiment, the standard procedure seems to be to just throw it in a forest and go from there

Mebe do traincraft next?
It went open source a while ago an nothing has come of it D:
A modded minecraft without traincraft feels lifeless

Is there an alternative to 2b2t? Played back when it was 100 players max and now it's just too cancerous.

>Roofs IRL are usually uniform in color and texture.
They also go with the color pallete of the rest of the building. You either want to go with something complementary (Purple with a dark blue) or contrasting (Purple with a white) but nothing too drab and in-between, like you did.

Unless there's a lighting glitch, you've paired Purple/Black/White with a plain drab grey/grey. Go with either something brighter (Quartz/Marble) or something darker (Another type of Grimstone? Coal?) for the roof.

Reminder you can just delete the lang folder in the resourcepack.

>An altar has a range of about 14 (to 16) blocks to collect power and a range of 14 (to 16) blocks to distribute power (the distribution range can be extended to 28 (to 32) blocks by placing an Arthana onto the altar). Any Heart Glyphs, Distilleries, Spinning Wheels or Kettles must be within this range in order to draw power from the altar. Devices can only draw power from a single altar; it is therefore important to upgrade the altar rather than making multiple altars. Devices can share a single altar.

If I were to make a suggestion, I would go under the forest from the basement area indicated and set up there. Make it look like a wet and dingy dungeon-esque area for aesthetics, where you can do more forbidden magicka. Bonus points for using trap doors to hide the area.

I disagree. You say "drap", but I say "muted." The sheet metal is close in color to the grimstone while providing a different texture.

Im not sure, as another option, I can make the magic stuff inside the magic forest that is like 250m from my base, which would be more work needing, but would look better in there.

The biome isn't important, what's important is what's AROUND the altar. Different types of trees, flora, etc.

If you put the altar close enough to the surface with an Arthana, it should be more than enough to do whatever you need. 28-32 blocks inradius is a rather large area, and I'm sure you can make it work without losing too much aesthetic.

>The sheet metal is close in color to the grimstone while providing a different texture.
And that's kind of the point I was making. You want it to be a different color without looking too out of place. I'm not saying "paint it firetruck red" or some shit, I'm saying to go with the complimentary color you have already (the white fences you have scattered through the build) or to go with something dark. I wouldn't say that gunmetal grey goes well with dark grimstone.

>paint it firetruck red
do this

The arthana only affects sent power, not received.
ftbwiki.org/Altar
this is the most accurate resource for setting up a powerful altar

I know the biome doesnt actually affect the altar, but it would look more pretty and have more space for diversity of flora on it. And I have way too much crowded oak trees on there, A LOT, which doesnt give good options for flora diversity unless I stop being lazy and cut it all.
I might make a little starter magic dungeon down there and as I get to mid/late game Im gonna make a magic base around the magic forest.
Thansk famalam.

>suddenly realising that with the possibility of decompiling mods, we can maybe fix XU/merge parts of Extra Simple with it
Oh god. Too many projects, not enough time.

Are you the user who is doing forks?
If so, you should document how you are doing it and advices of how to fork/port as you learn more, so there are more anons in the future who could port/fork mods like you.
I want to learn too

Is there anything for Spigot/Bukkit (1.10.2) that I can use to create custom NPCs? Shit like Citizens has no documentation.

Just to confirm, if im UNDER the forest, the altar will get the life power right?

this
instead of doing projects alone, recruit some people to help you do it

if you try to do it alone, you'll inevitably fail and burn out

>1.10
>wants content that works and can do things

user if you're really curious, just go out into the wilderness, dig down, and put down an altar to see, then put it in the same place on the surface, and compare the values you get

This reminds of how the lebbitfags are now crying because there will never be Thermal Expansion for their new and shiny version.

BUT POLAR BEARS AND RESKINNED SKELEGATES AND REALLY UGLY PURPLE BLOCKS
seriously, the fuck were they thinking, that's one of the worst hues of purple

Trains.

Havent played this shit in years

Is there any multiplayer mod where me and a friend could build a colony? I remember millenaire back then but it didn't have much in terms of features/mechanics.

Or is there any new mods that makes the game feel like something new? Really dont want to mine for diamonds, or mine for ore for industrial shit.

TerraFirmaCraft would be for you then. Turns the game into something a little more hardcore, but altogether different.

>SKELEGATES

>Skelegates
>Skeleton Delegates
DAHNALD, THE DELGATES
HAND OVER THE DELEGATES DAHNALD

new underwater room
building it now

What mod are them sponges from?

openblocks
they keep water at bay which helps in underwater building

Thanks, man.

I know it's not a glamorous job but please show a little more spirit...

Working in a creative test world with different block types, and I think I hit on something fantastic looking.

Yes, the reactor is intended.

Who steampower here?

rooms coming along
i may get into steam power as my energy needs are stupidly high now

There's a list of altar values for various plants/blocks/etc on a wiki somewhere. I ended up putting a whole bunch of farms on the 10 layers underneath the altar, since it allows something like 50 of each crop to boost the altar. The different types of logs and leaves are each counted separately too.

>find out that NEI getting timeout errors might be related to Java 8
>map won't even load on Java 7 after downgrading the incompatible mods
Well shit
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yYsLU-07vTtWRfWT2QAh070MAnJGzfu4oX4shcl74ys/edit#gid=0

1.3 million yellorite later

The last time I played Witchery, the three Witchery woods were definitely counted separately for altar power. Did that change at some point?

No idea, that spreadsheet is from 1.6.4 but I don't think much changed since then.

>quarry
>mawpc reactors
what's wrong with you, user?

i needed yellorite
pretty simple answer there

for what purpose?
i'm sure you can generate RF in other ways (and they may even be more fun to make/automate)

its for a 17 x 17 x 16 bigreactor
190k rf/t
if you have any better energy suggestions list them all

i'm having a potion id conflict where a potion id'd under number 105 is fucked but i have no idea what mods conflict on that
do you guys know? i'll post a log soon

install idconflict, it'll help

You're not wrong - it's a hell of a lot to do solo

I am. Not really sure how I'd document it though, since "just read through the classes until you find what you're looking for, use critical thinking and logic, then trial and error testing" won't make a very good guide.
As much as we shitpost about Vazkek, his code is reasonably well laid out - so botania (or new dawn fork) might have actually been a really good choice to start out on.

Perhaps, tell me what you want to learn / what you're struggling with, and I'll do my best to explain (with pictures, depending) how I've been doing it

i installed potionidhelper, but i've already taken care of all the problems. here's that log

java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking entity
at net.minecraft.potion.PotionEffect.func_76455_a(PotionEffect.java:105)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70679_bo(EntityLivingBase.java:524)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70030_z(EntityLivingBase.java:293)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70030_z(EntityLiving.java:157)
at net.shadowmage.ancientwarfare.npc.entity.NpcBase.func_70030_z(NpcBase.java:270)
at net.minecraft.entity.Entity.func_70071_h_(Entity.java:318)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1561)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70071_h_(EntityLiving.java:206)
at net.shadowmage.ancientwarfare.npc.entity.NpcBase.func_70071_h_(NpcBase.java:745)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2070)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2034)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1887)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:2006)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:973)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

here's the stack traces
-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.potion.PotionEffect.func_76455_a(PotionEffect.java:105)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70679_bo(EntityLivingBase.java:524)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70030_z(EntityLivingBase.java:293)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70030_z(EntityLiving.java:157)
at net.shadowmage.ancientwarfare.npc.entity.NpcBase.func_70030_z(NpcBase.java:270)
at net.minecraft.entity.Entity.func_70071_h_(Entity.java:318)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1561)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70071_h_(EntityLiving.java:206)
at net.shadowmage.ancientwarfare.npc.entity.NpcBase.func_70071_h_(NpcBase.java:745)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2070)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2034)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1887)

-- Entity being ticked --
Details:
Entity Type: AncientWarfareNpc.bandit.archer (net.shadowmage.ancientwarfare.npc.entity.faction.NpcBanditArcher)
Entity ID: 2685
Entity Name: Bandit Archer
Entity's Exact location: -639.50, 15.00, -742.50
Entity's Block location: World: (-640,15,-743), Chunk: (at 0,0,9 in -40,-47; contains blocks -640,0,-752 to -625,255,-737), Region: (-2,-2; contains chunks -64,-64 to -33,-33, blocks -1024,0,-1024 to -513,255,-513)
Entity's Momentum: 0.00, -0.08, 0.00
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:2006)

first, pastebin it next time,
second, it's not a potion id conflict.
it's a ticking entity, specifically an ancient warfare npc, remove then readd the mod, or mess with mcedit.

it separates them into 3 groups, old vanilla (oak, birch, spruce, jungle), new vanilla (dark oak and accacia), and witchery trees

i can't check just yet, but i know you can do pretty amazing stuff with XU's generators (especially potion gen.)

>Pixelmon updates to 1.10
>decide "fuck it" and make a mod for what Apricorn bushes should have been, instead of those shitty tile entities that kill frames because people on servers don't know the meaning of the word "moderation" Yes, I'm mad.
It works and takes fucking forever to produce a fully-grown one, but I don't think I'm satisfied with how the leaves are turning out. I'm actually blending the Apricorn color into the colors the foliage shading code gives you, but 50/50 is too high, and 75/25 is so muted.

What brightness level do you guys keep the game at?