/fog/ - Fallout General

Still the best armor in the series edition

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Before the bombs:

hahaha

memes

Ave, true to dialogue options.

nth for horrigan

ITT we post the best settlements in FNV

Goodsprings or GTFO

Game is selling on it's name alone so they put no effort into anything.

I like the 50's aesthetic in some aspects. Like, I like that the 1950s left a huge impression on the world, but I don't like that The idea that technology really struggled to advance from there since in 3 and 4.

Bethesda knows how to hype up their games far beyond what they actually are. Fallout 4 and Skyrim prove this

NoVac. best player housing, second best location relative to the rest of the game world, Lifetime supply of dinosaur toys, what else can I ask for?

Fallout is just a stepchild. They put most of their effort in to TES. Fallout 3 didn't exactly get a lot of TLC.

I really need to return to Goodsprings, see how it looks with my new lighting setup.

The aesthetic is cool when it comes to little shit such as posters, Nuka-Cola, and the like.

But trying too hard to imprint "1950's" into weapons and armor is just stupid. After all, the posters were made in a time where the aesthetic makes sense. But the weapons and armor weren't.

>shaky arms while doing last pushes

For a moment I thought it's gonna decapitate my toon if I stayd there too long

Yeah but why did they stop dlc if its their highest selling game, don't they want more money?
Its todd right.
I guess they are all trying to make a new engine after fallout got so criticized? I mean they have too, look at all these open world games now. todd has to be king again or he will never win game of the year again.

@149880529
>toon
:^)

Guys, Desert Rangers Or NCR Rangers?

Which one would you volunteer for?

(And yes this is before the assimilation of the D. Rangers into the NCR)

Horrigan companion mod when?

Desert because that fucking longcoat.

Also, here's a cool mod that I would love to see ported into New Vegas.

www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/8983/?

Desert Rangers, hands down.
Best out, no bureaucratic bullshit.

Desert Rangers. They look absolutely badass.

NCR Rangers look pretty stupid with that bulky armor and a fucking hat.

*best outfit

Desert Rangers all the way

Exercise is important.

>NCR Rangers: Pros: Get to pick off legion raid parties daily, get to absolutely rape the Jackals and Vipers. Cons: NCR's bureaucracy and corruption, look like Smokey the bear

>Desert Rangers: Pros: Dat long coat, dat anti material rifle, be a badass survivalist, protect the people against petty tribals. Cons: Get butt fucked by the Legion, absorbed into the NCR, before absorption have to live in NCR lands

I put two points into Steady Aim and nothing changed.

I hope this new Nuka-World companion is a raider grill

So now that I've built a vault I'm relatively happy with, I'm trying to use the contraptions DLC for the first time.

Has anyone thought of a way to use the conveyors or ball track in a way that has any purpose whatsoever?

>putting points into steady aim

user...

>toon
this must die

> I dont understand why they just are stopping dlc
I always love reading this because people say it for every fucking game with DLC.

And the answer is always the same every time, because at some point making DLC stops being profitable, and the team has to move onto the next big thing.

>or why the dlc is so shitty
>Automatron
>Far Harbor
>Shitty
Those are two of the best DLC released for a Fallout game yet, and Nuka world is looking to be Dawnguard/Dragonborn sized as well.

And while you may not like workshop shit(I don't really care for it), building settlements, arenas, traps, means of manufacutring,and vaults, along with tameable animals, have either all been big requests, or fairly popular mods, for both Fo3 and NV.

BEthesda putting much wanted features in as official content is never a bad thing.

>yfw Gage is a greasy overweight, Mexican slumlord

How difficult would it be to make a scripting mode for FO4?

I want something that'll up the persk given per level.

I found the console command responsible. But I'm unsure where to go from there.

So is nuka gonna be bigger than far harbor. I wonder how time they put into it.

>So is nuka gonna be bigger than far harbor
No, its going to be slightly smaller then Far Harbor, which was slightly bigger then Dragonborn.

It has to do with resources. A story DLC like Nuka World requires tons of writing, voice acting, world building, and a few new textures and sound effects.

The cost:profit ratio isn't nearly as high as a Sims 4 expansion (for example) where it doesn't require any writing or voice acting, only coding. A ton of works goes into these story DLCs. We know for a fact Nuka World was in production during 2014 in some form, for example.

Betty doesn't make nearly as much off DLC as some other games do. So they're less inclined to fuck around with it. On the other hand, it raises questions about previous games with 4-5 story DLC. I am guessing they parsed those numbers from earlier games and decided it wasn't worth it.

Alternatively, whose to say Mysterious Stranger is truly restricted to the Perk? Maybe when not helping you in VATS they'll sprinkle little things to help you around The Wasteland?

Afterall, when Nate and Nora are not smokers, who do you think left the lit cigarette in their house?

Non-Shiskabab Katana and dual wielded MP5s.

Agreed, in general a lot of things can fit decently into Fallout. Partially because the gulf of time between the actual 1950's to 2070's is so massive it's hard not to imagine more designs being tried out for weapons and armor.

perhaps, in a way Bethesda seems afraid in some ways to actually innovate with the Fallout series.

>Always has to be a Vault Dweller because the first player was
>Always use Caps as currency
>Always include BoS and Super Mutants
>Never deviate from 1950's Art Googie, Art Deco, Industrial, and Mad-Max scrap aesthetics

>Actually Obsidian brought back the original Plasma Rifle. It is called Plasma Caster now.

Well... There's a black mark on Black Isle's design.

I really really hate the 'prong' shit on the Plasma Caster, it looks less like it should shoot lightning or some shit.

An accurate Frank companion though would be like having a slightly smaller Liberty Prime for a companion.

Honestly, would Horrigan have actually been able to squeeze his fat green ass into any rooms on the Oil Rig in 2 or was that only because Isometric view allowed for ceiling height to be ignored?

>Raider Girl

But that's pretty much Cait.

>An accurate Frank companion though would be like having a slightly smaller Liberty Prime for a companion.
Not sure about that. Liberty Prime is about 40 feet tall.

Horrigan seems about 12-15 feet at most, so he's passable.

>Automatron
>Good
The worst DLC i have ever played. It had like 2 quest and it was all pants on head retarded.

Anyone know the best way to grind in Fallout 1?

>On the other hand, it raises questions about previous games with 4-5 story DLC. I am guessing they parsed those numbers from earlier games and decided it wasn't worth it.

Actually, Todd Hwoard said in several itnerviews before skyrim came out that they hated the Fallout 3 DLC schedule because it was a hectic mess of teams constantly switching back and forth on projects, and that none of them really got the attention they deserved.

They wanted fewer, but larger, story DLC so they could spend more time on them.

We got this in Skyrim, which had Dawnguard and Dragonborn, both of which were larger then 2 of Fallout 3's DLC.

Far Harbor takes it even further, being larger then either Dawnguard or Dragonborn.

At the same time however, they did want to try making DLC at various price points, instead of just making 5 DLC all the same cost like they did with Fallout 3.

Thats were smaller things like Hearthfire, and the workshop DLC come from.

For pretty much every Bethesda game going forward, we can expect to see only 2 large story based DLC, but those DLC will be larger then the story based DLC for Fallout 3/NV were

It fits the fo1 and 2 aesthetic, but not the NV/Obsidian aesthetic

>Always has to be a Vault Dweller because the first player was
>Always use Caps as currency
>Always include BoS and Super Mutants
>Never deviate from 1950's Art Googie, Art Deco, Industrial, and Mad-Max scrap aesthetics

That's just fairly typical themetics that basically every series goes through.

Even Final Fantasy, which never has any direct sequils in the main game numbering, does the same thing with
>crystals
>airships
>a mechanic named Cid
etc. etc.

My waifu is a hero! She'll rescue me from this horrid world!

Pls no
but at least it won't be another robot or ghoul

>But that's pretty much Cait.

Cait isn't that much of a raider, she's just a petty thief. And her personal quest makes her quit drugs

About twelve feet tall and a good four feet wide, possibly five with armor (which he's never without), good fucking luck getting him through a doorway in-game. Guy's gonna get stuck on ore shit than a deathclaw with sentrybot legs.

SUPER MUTANT SEMEN RECEPTACLE

Well said!

Your attempts to discredit my waifu only makes me love her even more!

hope you like webms, /fog/, cause I'm bored and have a backlog of capture footage to sort through.

STEADY DIET OF MEAN GREEN SEMEN

>Hurr durr only the BoS or Enclave have power armor its sooo rare
I want obshitidrones to leave

That is dead serious one of the worst animations I have ever seen in any video game in my entire life. Whoever made that should be the star of a Mexican cartel execution video, and I mean it, too..

>Well... There's a black mark on Black Isle's design.

It does look strange, but in a good way IMO. Bethesda's plasma weapons are just way too ugly, reminds me of Men in Black.

>perhaps, in a way Bethesda seems afraid in some ways to actually innovate with the Fallout series.

You missed "let's exploit Vault Boy as much as we can".

Seriously, that shit is EVERYWHERE.

>Super Mutant
>semen

I'm not a huge fan of Bethfallout, but I shamelessly love Vault Boy and how overused it is in everything to do with the series post 1 and 2. I can't get enough of that cute little feller.

>We will never get a game where you have to go a while without a pip boy and all its benefits. Pip Boy should be either a late game item, or absurdly difficult to get early. Of course, I don't know how they'd make the game function without those menus without them just giving you nearly the same exact menus but i a different form

>I don't know how they'd make the game function without those menus without them just giving you nearly the same exact menus but i a different form
Poorly.

okay, lets assume it's NOT bethesda doing it

I like their previous model. DLC is supposed to be an afterparty, not a sequel. What if we're missing out on an Old World Blues because they wanted to do a much bigger Lonesome Road? Your options are limited.

And what if Old World Blues was twice as big? It would not have been any better. You can't drag out something like that or it gets dull and harder to inject excitement into it.

I honestly got bored with Far Harbor. I haven't even finished it. I stuck to the main story and still got tired of it sometime shortly after leaving the submarine facility. Although some would say dull boredom is sort of the theme of Fallout 4, so whatever.

The best menuing I've ever seen was Miasmata. all menus were just physical journals and maps you help in front of your face in real time, no pausing.

Unfortunately I'm one of about two dozen people who actually finished that game.

I've just realized the Pip-Boy's only real functionalities are:

- Picking up radio signals.
- Maps.
- Read holodisks.
- Play videogames (FO4).

Other than that, they aren't a very useful item, particularly so considering most info is given through dialogue, terminals, or in written form.

Indeed, Pip-Boys could be much more interesting if you could find some that contained maps you couldn't find anywhere else, for example.

>mfw I would make a Fallout game set early in the timeline after the bombs where finding a Pip-Boy is a monumental discovery

that sounds really cool actually, but I wonder how you could actually implement that into fallout

You'd have to make it more vital. tie fast travel to it, maybe. have a very rudimentary inventory system? It just seems weird to me that something that would be as rare and as useful as a pip boy is just chucked at the player(New Vegas is the WORST with this desu). This also ties into my issue with every blizz protagonist just being another vault dweller because reasons

>blizz
Sorry, Bnet gave me a notification and threw me off. Beth

What are some good mods to add more weapon variety than the joke base fallout 4 contains?

Leveled list integration is an absolute must. Because having all these nice guns that only appear when you craft them yourself is absolute ass.

>DLC is supposed to be an afterparty, not a sequel
I would disagree.

DLC is supposed to expand upon the game, and Far Harbor did just that, taking us to a new location and tying into the base game's themes and factions quite well.

>What if we're missing out on an Old World Blues because they wanted to do a much bigger Lonesome Road?
That argument ingores how DLC is made, if they had made 5 smaller DLC, instead of 2 big ones, they would have used the same ideas, as those are the ideas they had anyways.

>And what if Old World Blues was twice as big? It would not have been any better. You can't drag out something like that or it gets dull and harder to inject excitement into it.
That would be true, because OWB was not designed to be that big in the first place. artificially expanding something into a size it was never meant to be will always make it boring.

Designing something to be that size in the first place is a different matter entirely.

>
I honestly got bored with Far Harbor. I haven't even finished it. I stuck to the main story and still got tired of it sometime shortly after leaving the submarine facility. Although some would say dull boredom is sort of the theme of Fallout 4, so whatever.
Personally, I got bored of Fallout 3/4's DLC.

Reason being I knew that I would never get the background/content I would need to really feel like I explored the place, or got everything out of it I could, because it was gimped into being so small to fit some asinine quantity > quality DLC format.

Dawnguard, Dragonborn, and Far Harbor are the first DLCs Ive played that I've REALLY enjoyed since Shivering Isles.

>Leveled list integration
like, I know what that means, but I don't know what that means, know what I mean?

It's just that the Pip-Boy is akin to "menu".

The problem is that Pip-Boy, in the original games, was literally "read holodisks and see maps", nothing less, nothing more.

In other words: in the 3D games, when you want to look at a map or read holodisks, your character lifts up his arm. And when you want to manage your inventory, you would get a different menu, but Bethesda took the easy route and merged both menues, making it look like "Pip-Boy = Manage inventory".

>Other than that, they aren't a very useful item
From a lore perspective, I don't understand why every experienced wasteland explorer doesn't have one. As well as what you listed, they have a built in Geiger counter and a torch. I can see them being very useful if you can get hold of one.

>Personally, I got bored of Fallout 3/4's DLC.
3/NV*

my bad

>pipboys
>rare
>over 120 vaults in America which had stockpiles of the things to give to every dweller and descendants, with backups in case they broke
Na, things should be pretty common

I KNOOOOOOOOOOW.

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW.

Aside from what user mentioned about Geiger Counter and Torch, what if the Pip-Boy was our sole means to know how much damage, weight, and so on and so on our equipment has?

Basically, vital information you don't have in real life: damage, damage x second, weight, resistance, value, etc.

Your file name is wrong.
>You need 8 STR to tear the minigun off the vertibird in Concord if not using PA
>You can use INT checks during the USS Constitution quest
>There are a perception and Luck checks in the Covenant quest
>All speech checks are charisma + perk checks

and yet, outside of Vault 13, Vault City, Vault 101, and Vault 81, none of the vaults have been functioning for a while. It's incredibly rare to see other people in the game worlds with them(again, outside of these vaults, and the few people who are still attached to Vault 21)

It means they are added to the games leveled lists. Which is a tool that determines what each thing spawns with in their inventory.

Leveled list integration means you're going to see it in the wild and in loot tables. Without the weapon will only appear when the player spawns it in or it has been manually placed into the world, no natural occurrences.

>INT speechcheck
reading comprehension

The file name literally says "INT Speech check"

I don't know if you're fucking blind or stupid, but kill yourself either way.

okay, the idea of leveled list is what got me. I thought "level" was treated like a character level, as in you wouldn't see X until enemies were level Y

To be fair, he did mention the USS Constipation

> It's incredibly rare to see other people in the game worlds with them
Which is honestly an artifact of Fallout 1/2's silly lore

Like how
-Vault doors opened outwards.
-Vaults were located so far in the middle of the desert no one would be able to reach them before the radiation got them.
-Ghouls went back and forth from being radiation + FEV, to just radiation, resulting in humans being the only creature mutated by radiation to not be able to reproduce.

>a deathclaw with sentrybot legs
Can that be a new enemy? Modders get on it

>To be fair, he did mention the USS Constipation
That's not a speechcheck, though

>"level" was treated like a character level, as in you wouldn't see X until enemies were level Y
Well it's kind of like that. But instead of enemy level being Y it's player level.

All enemy spawns and equipment are based off of the players level. The leveled list specifies what level the player has to be at before the item starts spawning.

It's how enemies have better gear the higher level you are.

Anyone got any clue what's causing this? I'm considering just sticking his ass into the submersible power armor if I can't fix it.

He's glowing. Kill him for a legendary item.

Sadly, the heavy use of Vault Boy, especially in the Pip Boys could easily be explained with a single line in some Vault-Tec or RobCo Terminal in any game:

Just say Vault-Tec commissioned the entire Pip-Boy 3000 line as sort of a promotional thing. (and maybe with the sinister truth that Enclave wanted the data of monitoring vault dweller vitals)

Also, while there's no obvious keyboard (on any of the pip-boys, actually) you can apparently type in stuff. Your quest logs are meant to be your character's journal.

Also in FO4, it seems to be used to interact with certain tech. While this is normally to unlock Vault doors, I wouldn't be surprised if it was compatible with terminals.

The wearer's vitals might not be too difficult to monitor either, especially if there's meant to be any synergy with a standard vault suit.

NCR power armours are salvaged from defeated BoS.
So you're just proving their point.

>check fo4 nexus
>almost as much mods as the nv nexus despite only being a year old
gay

they're also not true power armors, as I understand. Just the plates without any of the servos or framing to support it.

Honestly, for all the spiffiness, it seems like the NCR might as well just wear some especially thick and padded metal armors.

>Sadly, the heavy use of Vault Boy, especially in the Pip Boys could easily be explained with a single line in some Vault-Tec or RobCo Terminal in any game:

Theres actually new loading screens in the Vault-Tec workshop DLC that address this

What exactly happens in FO4 if a settlement's happiness level goes to zero? I've been ignoring that part of the game completely so far, and now I've got Sanctuary at 6 people, which I assume is the Minuteman nigger and that rag-tag bunch he took with them, and they're steadily declining in happiness. Am I supposed to do something about it? Personally, I couldn't care less about all that shit, since I'm focused on finding my goddamn son, but if that's about to fuck me over in some way, I'd rather know beforehand.

Has anyone else had to deal with this FUCKING NIGHTMARE?

You arent frim a vault in either Fallout 2 nor in NV, though its fairly close when it comes to the Chosen One.

Agreed on the bottle caps though. For them to be used as currency on the east and west coasts is a bit strange, though the Legion and NCR now print their own money so who knows really?

As far as progress...well on the east coast at least there doesnt seem to be any. Diamond City is a shithole compared to HUB or whatever the Shi called their palace.

>In the years before the war, RobCo and Vault-Tec forged a powerful corporate alliance. Residents of Vault-Tec's Vaults would each be provided with a RobCo Pip-Boy personal computer, a device which made extensive use of the popular "Vault Boy" mascot.

>You arent frim a vault in either Fallout 2 nor in NV
The Courier very well could be; part of what made that backstory so great is how open it was. Hell even the TTW team managed to more or less sort of wedge the LW's story in for the same character.

lmao

>Agreed on the bottle caps though. For them to be used as currency on the east and west coasts is a bit strange

Actually its not, for the same reason countless cultures across the world, going back thousands of years, that never had any contact with each other, all used gold as a means of currency.

Bottlecaps are small, lightweight, easy to carry around in large numbers, theres enough of them to make large scale trading possible, and nearly all means of making more have been totally destroyed by the war, ensuring few, if anyone, can inflate, or deflate, the market by making more.

Indeed, these are the same reasons the Fallout 1 devs said they chose bottlecaps for

Having played both Wasteland games and only Fallout 1,2, and Tactics, I'm gonna go with the Desert Rangers. Maybe they finally made the NCR not suck so hard in 3, NV or 4, but I'd find it hard to believe.

Vargas 4 lyfe.

We need to go deeper.

Far Harbour isn't tied into the base game' themes and factions well at all.

It's never explained what Far Harbour's stance on synths is, but the entire story suddenly reveals that Far Harbour hates synths or something.

It was supposed to be a further exploration of synth vs human vs madman, or something. But it just completely failed, imo. I had no idea what was going on and no desire to know, really. I mashed through as many inane dialogue options as I could but still couldn't get anybody to answer what the fucking problem was. Why did Far Harbour have a problem with the CoA? Why did Acadia have a problem with Far Harbour and want to missile them despite living 5 minutes up the road, presumably within destructive range of the weapons? Why didn't DimA seek peace instead of weird arms race crap? Why and how did Dima fuck up enough to let the CoA overtake his control base thing?

There was also just basically 0 relevance in theme between Far Harbour and F4. There wasn't any logical or symbolic tie I could see.

I actually LIKE quite a lot of Far habour. I just wish it had been better and better explained.

Suppose the master succeeded. Would his unity have bested the enclave?

>basically 0 relevance in theme between Far Harbour and F4.
F4 had a theme?

Makes sense...makes a lot of sense actually.

3 and 4 take place on the east coast so there is no NCR.

You get NV for that...they still suck.