2 years ago I was living at my dad's house and making about $12/hr as a waiter...

2 years ago I was living at my dad's house and making about $12/hr as a waiter, pretty much thinking my life was going nowhere. Now I own my own business and will make about $60k this year while working 30hr work weeks.

Never thought I'd be in this position. This board actually helped me a good bit.

As a favor, I'll send an user who posts in this thread (with some kind of need) $50 via PayPal. Not much money, but figured it might give some of you sad pepe's some hope that you can turn things around like I did.

Feel free to AMA about the business I started and tips to get out or wage slaving.

Other urls found in this thread:

paypal-gifts.com/us/brands/domino-s-pizza.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can you send it via bitcoin, senpai?

Tell us about your business senpai. I'm also stuck between min wage cuck jobs for the last few years. What can you suggest for me to finally get my life turned around?

Instead of money give me your knowledge. Tell me everything.

what do you do now? howd you gain capital to start your business? where do you live?

Nice, congrats! I hope I can say that about myself soon.
- What's your business about? How big is it?
- How did you start? How did you go from "thinking my life goes nowhere" to having your own business?

No BTC sorry. To lazy to figure out how to get it and have a wallet on my computer.

I'm a contractor for homes, work with my hands in people's residences.

My biggest tip for any man would be to do sales. Preferably B2B. Sales is always hiring. If you can get good at sales you can move the world. It sucks, yes it's awful, but it will turn your skin into steel. I was never even that good at sales but once I understood the process, i realised I could just start my own company and sell a product/service directly.

> down on my luck
> got a job working for a contractor
> learned everything in 1 year
> started my own, cards, LLC, website
> made my first sale
> etc etc etc
> do about 2 contracts per week
> 95% residential

Southeastern USA. Started my business with $3k that I saved up. That's all I needed for the tools and materials and website, and initial business cards.

It's only me. I hired a guy for a little bit, but it did not work out. Having an employee is suprisingly hard. I now have more respect for business owners and managers. It's like raising a child.

Ive been wanting to go into sales but how the heck do I learn them?

by doing it. It's a true shock to your nerves. It's almost like being thrown onto a stage and being told to entertain an audience.

Just gotta break the ice on the first 100 pitches.

I'm not the most social guy, but I just kept showing up and dealing with the discomfort.

I got a sales job before and they fired me after I couldn't do shit
... it's brutal man

$50 can get some pretty decent knee pads.

Haven't read this thread yet but I won't be shocked if it's a bunch of kids asking for video game money.

What were you selling? How was your training?

I've been fired before as well.

Maybe. I'm legit gonna give $50 away though.

surprised no one has responded with a PP. I gotta get to sleep in about 20 minutes.

Home furnishings, it was brutal

Any experience selling in the online space?
Do in person sales skills overlap with online sales skills?
Or is it an entirely different game?

yeah fuck that. Some things are perfect for outside sales and some are not.

Sometimes business owners think they can get sales for something that people don't really accept solicitors for. Sounds like you were in a no win situation.

Never sold online. I guess some of the mechanics are the same.

Anyways, I'm poor and could use a pizza.

Could you get me a dominoes e gift card?

[email protected]

Think I should get back up on the old horse?

What do you suggest I sell?

>[email protected]

It's not letting me

I think you need to send me a request? [email protected]

[email protected]

Poorfag reporting in. Dont start working until next week. 3 weeks until i get paid. Only have about 30 bucks.

Good luck buddy.

Not PayPal. Just buy me a gift card from the dominoes website. Just enter my email. If you can only pay through PayPal,

paypal-gifts.com/us/brands/domino-s-pizza.html

Sorry brotha. Other guys account made it easy.

well my point was just that once you understand the mechanics of sales, just use the skills to start selling something.

Go simple, mow lawns, clean houses, etc..

You wan work with your hands and make at least $500 a week in cash. Very liveable. Once you get started you can just keep going bigger and bigger with new ideas.

Should I focus more on making my first sale or working on the other products and backend stuff that I also plan to market?

Id changed but true.

I just live in a really shit area for jobs and I'm kind of running out of ways to make money. Can you give me any more suggestions?

MAKE YOUR FIRST SALE.

I can't emphasize this enough. Being a man of action is more important than planning out the perfect product. Besides, the customer will give you feedback and you will perfect your product over time.

Just sell. Worry about the if's and why's after money starts coming in.

I was lying anyways. I already had pizza.

People always underestimate services. Every retard on here that wants to start a business thinks of sales. My Father and I run a B2B Janitorial Company. We make close to $300K in revenue and I make $1K a week basically doing nothing but ordering and managing inventory of cleaning supplies for my Dad and going out to help him when he needs it. But yeah, that hipster grilled cheese shop will totally make it.

Eh. sorry been there. Just keep trying shit. It's okay to get desperate in a desperate time. Like overseas teaching, fishing boat, oil field.

Don't be afraid to try shit, but don't be afraid to quit. There's perserverance, and there's just showing up to a shit job and taking abuse every day.

where you live?

Good for you man. Trades and services is where it's at right now. A man can make $200 a day cleaning homes. And that is better than sitting in a cubicle.

Alright, what is B2B?

Residential services are a little harder to get into, but can work. We work for businesses cleaning offices. We have contracts with churches, bakeries, banks, Sprint stores, etc.

Business to business

Also how much did moving out of the parents place help you in terms of motivation and stuff?

[email protected]
Bit of a poorfag. I have an okay job, but some money could be of help.

B2B just means selling to a business.

So for example if you sell t-shirts, your selling t-shirts to consumers, just reg people. And you could do a variety of things to make that happen.

But lets say you do shirts for businesses. Like you print 50 - 500 shirts that employees need for businesses. So you might call up like a business owner and say "hey I'd like to print the t-shirts for your business I can provide them at $10 a shirt"

No change. Once I started making money my confidence changed. Moving out didn't really change much.

other guy already won.

Thanks I will prioritize this

gibe me MONI NOW!

Should I do some retarded trade or something?

I never went to college and I'm considering going but at the same time I'm thinking not to desu

Get your CDL. It can cost as little as $1,500 with grants. Almost all companies are hiring new drivers days because there's a huge shortage. Get to travel on your own and somewhat make your own schedule. My Brother went to Swift's school and it costed him nothing upfront, but had to payback by working for them a year. Swift is a shitty mega company with low pay, but it's a years experience. Get your TWIC, HazMat, etc. and make some good money.

I live in Canada

I don't know if it's the same, but It'd be cool

IMO trades are the best thing going right now. But that assumes that you work for yourself after learning the skills.

Everyone I know in trades is making $70k+ per year. and many much more than that.

Gotta get to bed. may check the thread tomorrow.

>Didn't win
>I d-didn't want it anyway
kek