RESUME FONT

What's a good modern font to create a nice resume, currently using David but was thinking about something a little more stylish.

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

fontsgeek.com/fonts/URW-Gothic-L-Book
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Constantia is pretty fresh

My resume is just quotes from Dr. Dre from the Chronic I and II.

hey jewbro can u get me job at bank?

Thanks that is a good one you're right.

I was also thinking of "DROID Sans"

Pic.

If you go to Queens sure.

Consolas everyday

I think it's best to stick with any Sans, but I'm open to suggestions.

If it is a printed resume, you should use a serif font (or a clean looking serif/sans-serif hybrid). On a printed medium, serifs create a natural "flow" to the words on the page.

For digital, sans-serif all the way. The serifs on a digital medium can look ugly depending on the resolution, plus you have no guarantee that the recipient of your resume will have the fonts you used installed on their system (unless you embed them).

The best answer would be to create two versions, one with a sans-serif font for online submittal (e.g. emailing HR) and one with a serif font that you print out and take to the interview with you.

Times New Roman.

If you are using anything else I will throw it in the trash.

>If you are using anything else I will throw it in the trash.

That's too bad you're a nobody

Neue Haas Grotesk is the most patrician typeface I know of

Personally, I've been using URW Gothic for years, and have had good luck with it.

It's clean, yet distinctive. It is easy to read, but looks a bit different from other sans-serif fonts.

URW++ gave it away for free, so you can find it all over the place. Here's a copy: fontsgeek.com/fonts/URW-Gothic-L-Book

Cambria is pretty solid.

Thanks a lot that's a great font, will try yours and the other ones that were posted in this thread.

Does nobody here use Comic Sans? Shows you're creative and think outside the box IMO

Use LaTeX

Kek

Graphic design major, huh?

Which restaurant is your goal job and which one are you working at now?

>not using akzidenz grotesk
plebs

Arial Nova (quite different from classic Arial) is a good "free" one.
I personally go with Helvetica because it's a safe bet, but fonts like Akkurat and Gotham are also good (they are all paid though).

Silian Rail or Romalian

This is the most adult and boring thread I have ever seen.

Anyway, I use Time New Roman, mostly.

I've had good results with Tahoma. The thing with fancy non-standard fonts is, the recruiter might not have it on their end, so the resume might end up looking wonky on their side. Check the setting in Word to have the font included in the resume itself.