Bill Gates is the perfect example of being very smart and working very hard

Bill Gates is the perfect example of being very smart and working very hard.

You are all below average in both aspects.

Thanks for sharing.

He is also just another dumb immoral billionaire lacking in imagination and real talent in order to make the world a better place.
Why did he bother buying Minecraft? Only to not fire those idiot swedish guys pretending to know programming? Why didn't he create his own Minecraft? Because he's a loser.

his business is built almost entirely on practices that are at best unethical and quite probably illegal.

he is undoubtedly intelligent and hard-working. But you need to realize there's a limit to how intelligent one man can be, just like there's a limit to how much work one person can do in 24 hours. His intelligence and capacity to work are not that much higher than anyone else's. There's only so much one body can do.

>his business is built almost entirely on practices that are at best unethical and quite probably illegal.

Please elaborate.

Are you claiming 'Ship it on Monday and get it right by version three' is illegal?

windows was a direct rip off of apple's OS which is probably illegal but I don't recall how the thing turned out in court.

The practice of forcing people to buy PC's with windows installed was a violation of US anti-trust law. An illegal monopoly.

He is making the world a better place by vaccinating Africa. Also he didn't make the decision to buy minecraft, he isn't microsoft's CEO anymore.

Is it true that they were 'forced' to buy Windows as the default OS? I thought it was that Windows was more developer-friendly, therefore developers released the Windows version first and Mac OS second (if at all) with the former therefore becoming the de facto standard. So then if you bought a PC from IBM, Dell, HP or whatever of course they would have Windows.

And the fact that Windows ripped off the Mac OS is definitely a case of intellectual property theft, but it's Apple's fault for allowing Microsoft developers to see their code (I forget the context but this is part of how Microsoft brain-raped Apple).

Not so much unethical actions as inevitably brutal competition in a market that didn't have established codes of ethics yet. The tech industry barely even has ethics now. Peter Thiel is a fucking Objectivist and there are tonnes of nihilistic libertarian "me me me" cunts in Silicon Valley.

>vaccinating Africa
against breeding?

You don't know that. Someone on /Biz could be very smart and work very hard but also be very unlucky.

Not me, I work very easy. Just sayin, you're probably overestimating what 'average' is.

Now that would make africa great again

Wow... knowing this little. First of all, no one has ever claimed windows copied Mac OS. Windows is basically the only non-Unix based system in the world that actually works. Mac stole their OS from BSD. What windows "stole" was the idea of a GUI, which Jobs said Gates stole from them, but the xerox reminded Jobs that he had literally stolen in from them so the courts threw out the suits.

And now you know...

> source: I'm a computer scientist

>source: I'm a computer scientist

that really made me reconsider my current stance.

>His intelligence not that much higher than anyone else's

ok buddy

Thought it was young Angela Merkel

Gates is the quintessential example of being in the right place at the right time with the right skill set.

The only thing that makes him intelligent was his ability to capitalize on it.

OR just Google it. It's a pretty famous lawsuit.

Someone watched Pirate of Silicone Valley...

>forcing people to buy PC's with windows installed
lol good one

He was an autist that knew what it took to excel.
Pun not intended.

I highly doubt that you got an 800 on your math SAT.

I'm not that guy, but I did. Does that make me cool?

>windows was a direct rip off of apple's OS which is probably illegal but I don't recall how the thing turned out in court.
Except it wasn't. They were simply competition. That's like being upset someone else manufactures vehicles because you did it first.

Windows NT is actually a derivative of OpenVMS (both written by David Cutler), not Apple's OS.

this should be a joke, but the poster was serious

actually quotes one's ability to memorize trivia as merit, your idea never was

That's one of the worst examples. He's not very smart and not hard working. He made his money scheming and cheating people. You don't have to. Don't be a jew.

Bill still has a say in what goes on though. He recently stopped MS from bidding $8 billion for Slack. He definitely approved of the Minecraft acquisition

What does trivia have to do with the math SAT?

he's the living proof of the "le twisted psychopath" meme, he's actually insane.

he was born in a millionaire family, his parents money helped him a lot in the beginning

he got a 1590 on the sat, he's a genius.

What do you do?

Ok.

m uh maybe yes
in every country you see
incereasing lifeexpancy, wealth
decereasing population

I got 2320 srs. It don't mean nothingg