I have a 2001 jetta vw and when I drive about 40-50 I have a bad vibration bushels are fine my CV axle has a boot out...

I have a 2001 jetta vw and when I drive about 40-50 I have a bad vibration bushels are fine my CV axle has a boot out of place is that it? Or could it be something else I understand you can see it to take a look at it but maybe something to help me figure what could be wrong

lol thats what you get for not buying an audi, vwfag

A free car is a free car

Might need an alignment and wheel balance

im just kidding. i just like to post things to get that autistic guy who hates audis' panties in a bunch.

is it only bad at 40-50 and then faster than that its fine? or does it keep getting worse the faster you go? sounds like a wheel bearing tbqh.

Don't you think you should fix things that are out of place?

I know I'm going to have to fix it soon and that's what I'm going to do but I don't think k that's the only problem

Things that rotate cause vibrations. Wheels, tires, cv axles

I already had one not to long ago I had new tires put on it

It's a very violent vibration almost like a tire has popped or something of that nature

It kinda bonuses around at what speed it does it but mostly just 40-50 the faster I go the less it does it

> Something is out of place
> "I don't think it's the only problem"

Fucking moron, if you don't get it fixed you WILL have other problems. Uneven wear like that fucks up everything related to the axle. It moves unevenly, everything else moves unevenly. You are fucking your tires, your bearings, you rubber whatnots and metal gizmos (sorry, non-english, don't know all the technical terms)

GET IT FIXED

If you still have problems, then get an alignment + wheel balance

Unlikely, but if you've been driving off road check your wheels aren't muddy as fuck. I drove 200 miles home once after getting stuck in a field, the wheels wobbling about, couldn't figure out why. Drove to the alignment shop to get it sorted the same day, the guy brings me in and just says its because theres a million tonnes of mud inside the wheels you goon.

Just had it on the lift today and didn't see mud but I'll clean it out and see what happens

Just found out today that it off so chill the fuck out

The boot holds in grease. If the boot has been off for a long time it hasn't been lubed so it wears faster. Does it make noise when you turn sharply in either direction?

dude why are you getting so mad. its not your car. it doesnt affect you.

It doesn't I don't think it's been off for to long it looked like it was still lubed to me but I'm no car expert by all means but I think it was resent about the boot the vibration has been going on for about 1 to 2 months now

My buddy has a MK4 GLI. Same vibration issues that you're describing. Turned out to be a bad axle he got from autozone.

Went through two of them, finally pulled an OEM from a junker, vibration went away. Try that, make sure the bolts are torqued too, that will also cause bad vibrations.

Good luck fellow VW owner.

Did you hit something that knocked the boot off?

I do think so .. Awhile back I had to turn and break hard trying not to hit another car that might be when it happen that other then that I can't really think of anything

I mean I don't think so

Take it to a mechanic. Someone who works on vws in particular. Not everyone understands vws or likes them.

I did and they say it was the bushls and the axle and my friend got under there and took a look at it and said they were fine for now they he went to Lincoln and has work in cars all his life

Wtf is a bushl?

doesn't mean they did a good job.
about 2 years ago I had new tires put on and the wheels balanced. Except they forgot to balance them.

I would check to make sure the wheel weight is on and appears to have 'moved' since the tires where changed. I would also check inflation.

It sounds like a wheel balance issue that could be magnified by other worn suspension parts. When I had my wheel balance issue is was pretty fucking nightmarish as tie rod ends were on their way out.

Maybe shit tires/balance. Move the tires around and see if the vibration changes, maybe you can narrow it down to one tire