2009 Elantra low power

So my buddy has a 2009 Elantra and it has ~320,000 k on it. Still runs fine but it has suddenly sort of... Lost power. I'm thinking it might be the fuel pump/filter unit but that's expensive. The injectors, i don't know, but the plugs look alright. What else should i be checking? Air filter is fine, too.

>32000000
>how the fuck is that possible
Also what do you mean it lost power?

>32000000
Missed a 0 there bud

>Hyundai

Throw it away, it's already trash.

cars do that. injectors could be bad/unbalanced. plugs maybe, fuel filter? maybe it has low fuel pressure

troll/10

I doubt its fuel. Its pretty new so I'd expect it to throw a code due to running lean or something. If no codes, maybe a clogged cat? Is all maintenance done? Tranny flush, oil, etc?

That's what I was thinking.
Why would the cat have clogged this quickly? It's had some standard maintenance at regular intervals. I've advised him to do a flush and condition, the transmission was rebuilt about 5,000km ago.

Dude. This thing is 7 years old and still going. It's a tank. I would fully recommend Hyundai to anyone as a DD.

Er... 7 years old *with over 320,000km on it.

Thanks OP. Just went out and bought one. Tommy at Hyundai of New Bern gave me a good deal cause I told him "user sent me."

>the pt loser behind the veloster
god bless your soul, your poor thing

Congrats, you fell for their marketing bullshit.

For that amount of money the number of objectively better cars (speed, handling, usability) is truly staggering.

I'm not really surprised by your judgement tho, which is apparent by the PT cruiser behind it.

>my buddy

right, buddy

It was mine, got it brand new, drove it a bajillion miles, buddy just got his license (Super late in life but he had the "Why would I drive in the city?" mentality) so I.. impulse purchased a Ralliart and then he bought the Elantra off me.

>shitting on Chrysler's most-successful car to date
>shitting on MT's 2001 COTY
>shitting on 2.4L of turbo'd glory at 215hp
>shitting on the car that aced my drivers test
>shitting on the car my dick was first sucked in

WTF am I reading?

The PT Cruiser is, by far, the most hated car.
Don't try to say otherwise.
It is awful.

Trade it in for somethin else. Its not a powerful car so itll always be slow.

Tell your pleb buddy to do a fucking tuneup. New spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, oil and oil filter, and run a bottle or two of fuel injector cleaner

This cannot be disputed. As a car salesman, there is no worse trade-in than a PT Cruiser.

We had a nice ("nice") low miles, PTC on our lot once for over a year... finally a half-retarded woman came in, saw it, and said, "Oh my god, my dream car!" We sold it at a loss to be rid of it.

A) Trade in value is 100 buckaroos
B) This is the most retarded response, I swear

He's a pleb. I checked the plugs, they look fine, advised him to replace them though since they hadn't been replaced for about 40,000k. Fuel filter is in the tank and is part of the pump, not really replaceable and not likely the culprit as it's had a lot of use so no real chance for things to get caught up in it. Air filter is fine, cleaned K&N. I advised him to do an oil/trans flush and swap the oil filter. We threw in some concentrated injector cleaner and I advised him to try to take it on the highway and keep the revs up.

Government is raping him of %30 of his paycheck for a bit to pay off our stupid "free" Canadian healthcare costs which he is apparently behind on but also not in the bracket to pay. Once he has paid it off they will refund him it all... Canada. I swear. Dumbest people. Anyways, I was just wondering if maybe I'd missed anything but it sounds like we are on the right track.

they're both shit and you're shit for even trying to defend them.

When I see PT Cruisers, I think: fucking terrible.
Ill take a 86 tempo over those POS cars. IDC if it is Chryslers best selling car to date. The only thing it shows me is how far Chrysler has fallen. Innovative to feeding the sheep.

oh god this guy again

your a terrible human being

have you ever been in one? its based off a neon and somehow manages to be even worse then one

There's a video on YouTube on how to restore lost horsepower, I would try using a fuel treatment to clean up gunk that may have filled up in the car over the years. Replacing the spark plugs and air filter as well as the fuel filter which that is very important. Also, try changing the oil

Hook up a gid damn obd 2 scanner with freeze frame data and look at the sensors and DTCs
You fucking idiots.
His TPS probably turned homosexual or something

Just slap some KDM stickers on it. They should add some horsepower.

while it is commendable that he got 300k+ on a Hyundai (km or miles, either is impressive), it's probably best to move on soon.

Dailied a PT for almost 2 years as my first car. Honestly the most annoying thing about it wasn't any car fault, it was the fucking comments and everything my shitty friends gave me. Not a terrible car for a commuter, I actually didn't mind it at all, but I wouldn't go back to it.