/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Stinky Porkman Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ay3EwNGM5yw
imgur.com/a/bPlso
youtube.com/watch?v=4ybclnpOyNs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for autism

Many CPU Cycles died to bring you this render.

3rd for mod forks

That is damn pretty.

post yer builds

The thing is, I dont really know what to put in there, I havent progressed a lot in my game because I donĀ“t have a clear object, I was messing with Witchery recently.
I dont want to automate, but yeah that might work and if I do automate things, I might use carts for autism and for setting.

If any kind user want to help me with ideas for things to build?
I would need some suggestions.

Thats suuper cool?
You did the terrain yourself?
Really impressive

Yeah, used worldpainter to make it.

You are right to desire pictures of my pig juice factory.

I'm drunk.

retool it for slut juice

what is the meaning of this

pig juice is an up and coming industry in the good land of thatanon'sworld

It spawns Succubii and Dragongrils too ;D

So I have a question.. I want to make farming more interesting and came across two options..
Agricraft and Harvestcraft.
Which one is better or are they worth playing?

Just finished the interior. Time to start moving stuff in and wiring it up.

I still haven't made an AE system yet because FUCK doing the inscribers. I even have the plates too.

I'm going to use the rotten flesh from the zombie pigmen to make nutrient distillation. I'll then use the nutrient distillation to kill more pigmen, fuel zombie generators and bottle the excess as health juice to sell to stupid villagers (not really, but I'm having fun).

On that note, what should I do with all the golden swords?

Harvestcraft as in "Pam's Harvestcraft"? If so, that mod just adds a bunch of different foods to craft, but they don't offer much benifit above vanilla foods unless you have Spice of Life installed (a mod that gives diminishing returns when eating the same food over and over again).

Agricraft however lets you add modifications to plants, usually ones to make them grow faster or have a higher yield.

Both could be worthwhile depending on what kind of game you're trying to make for yourself.

I just have a bunch of vanilla enhancer mods to make the game a comfy yet better experience, which one of them is more comfy without going too complex, I heard you can make generators out of Pams food, which I dont wish to aim for.
Just better harvesting without going too complex.

Agricraft might be what you're looking for. Pam's adds lots of ways to craft food, many of which are REALLY good options (Bread + Furnace = Toast, which is much better than basic bread) but for getting food in a more industrial-esque way you can go with Agricraft.

Automating it would require either Forestry (Multiblock farms in Manual:Orchard mode), MineFactory Reloaded (Harvester), or Thaumcraft (Golems). Though just running through your fields picking wheat is a valid option too.

>I heard you can make generators out of Pams food
uh... no?
it's just that as (some of) pam's food have crazy high hunger AND saturation values, sticking them in an extra utilities food generator [makes RF from food depending on their hunger and saturation values] it can get crazy good

how do i torrent this shit with mods now?

>yet another piratefag
just buy it

microsoft shill plz go

if you can find an old version (or decompile) multiMC, i think there's a way to get all the files needed without an account

Usually third party launchers like MultiMc still allow you to use offline mode or not require credentials/accounts to play. You can google other launchers popular launchers, things like technic or ftb's launcher -might- work for this too.

Anyone have good build tutorials or tips on how to build better? I am trying to learn how to make good medieval houses for my village.

I suck at them.

try to reproduce things you saw in like videogames, comic books, TV shows...
i think the d&d arcade games have some things you could take inspiration from

I'm reading a tutorial on making crops and the example had @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT) in it without explanation, any idea why someone might want crops to be client side only?

What was the method that the annotation was appended to? Looking at the method, it's cookie trails or call hierarchy should give insight to what it does. I can guess that it's the icon, texture or model code, that's normally what you would be calling from the client only.

It was above this "protected IIcon[] iIcon;", I'm sort of looking stuff up as I go so I wasn't sure what it meant but now that you mention it it's probably the icon.

>hoboserb is back
FUCK YEAH

>hoboserb is back
Hobo's been back for a while...?

as far as I know you must have a valid login token for MultiMC's offline mode to work, so you have to log in with a valid account at least once.

When you do @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT) you are basically telling the game 'do not do this on the server'.

since you are working with IICon(), you should be doing this so you register textures only on the client instead of trying to register a texture on the server which will crash the game or just do weird shit.

t. some fag that never finished any mod

i don't really check the general all that often and when i did play it was like a year and a half ago.

What does IICon() do and is it necessary? I've been searching the forge forums and wiki and I can't find anything that plainly states what it is.

Sell them, or mix whatever enchanted swords you have together and rule the land with your 24K blade.

Or burn them.

Do you have Tinker's Construct?

Smash them together to make full swords, toss into smeltery for gold ingots.

What mods did you try making user?

nope I'm retarded you would use IICon and a method from IICon to do Stuff with textures. so for example if you wanted to have a meta-driven texture for a crop you could do something like

>public IIcon getIcon(int side, int meta)
>{
>if (meta < 0 || meta > 7)
>{
>meta = 7;
>}
>int texture;
>switch (meta)
>{
>case 0:case 1: texture = 0; break;
>case 2:case 3: texture = 1; break;
>case 4:case 5: texture = 2; break;
>case 6:case 7: texture = 3; break;
>default: texture = 2;
>}
>return icons[texture];
>}

and assuming you have a block with 8 meta-states it could have 4 textures. or you could do a texture for every state. I just took an example from the wildly popular cornmod that I never finished because what is rendering.

IICon is something you can use to manipulate textures is what I'm getting at. its probably not documented at all, but you could dig around the interface and functions associated with it to learn more about it.

Hoboserb is alive, just under a different manager.
Original hobo tends to pop in at times

I wish mods would stop using shaders in their screenshots so that we could see what it really looks like, since most look shit.

I started with trying to port/clone traincraft, then I scaled down to make my own mod with trains, theeen I decided to do something even simpler which was cornmod.

or acouplecrops if I ever mentioned the actual project name

never got anywhere beyond adding a couple items or a working clone of something else because I cannot learn how to program without a base of knowledge to start from or good documentation that touches on the basics of everything.

So what should I build inside the comfy town?
I have the set out kinda placed just need to build in there, but the town is still a mistery to me.
Any things to add in a medieval steam/electrical age town?

penises
everywhere

what mod(s) are these my man

No town is complete without a brothel.

I need some inspiration. Post the outside of your builds so I can just straight up steal that shit.

Looking at the terrain in the area circled and labeled Comfy town there, I would suggest a kind of keep/ fortified mansion atop the hill towards the top-right border of it as a kind of Mayor's office or other government facility.

Otherwise you can gain a lot of inspiration for how to set up the town by looking at how goods will move through the city, and where things would fall into place because of that.

For example, if this were a real kind of village, your farmed goods may be taken to port as exported items in the case of having excess grains and cash crops like tobacco or cotton (Again, theoretically speaking), so places that might use that like textile working shops, slaughterhouses, and markets for meat and such will be located between the "Possible Farms" section and the "port area"

"Witch stuff would probably be near-avoided by the common people depending on how common magic stuff is, so the townhouses and such will be located towards the bottom-right corner of the boot shape of the "comfy town here" area, with shops and markets nearby, and taverns and inns sandwhiched in the unclaimed space between the port, barracks, and town as beerhalls and bordellos will benefit from all three of those areas.

I hope that comes across clearly, if not I could show what I mean via mspaint.

What theme of music would you give your build if you had to choose? What song would play when looking upon your creation?

Considering the sun theme of mine, along with the light colors and grandness I'm aiming for I'd say this fits.

youtube.com/watch?v=ay3EwNGM5yw

Any idea why it's not recognizing modid?

try MorrowAlchemy.modid.Modidentification.modname instead

I mean yeah I could just have a giant pipe leading out of one side that just dumped the swords into the lava (which sounds way funnier now that I say it out loud so I just might do it), but I'd like to fill up the interior with systemes and doo-hickies. It looks like I can recycle the swords into ingots with the IE arc furnace. However, I do recall trying to grind up a golden chestplate with the IE grinder way back when and it crashed my game so I'm not really confident.

If all else fails, I'll just go with the comedically large pipe that just dumps the shit in the lava.

Having a little golem workshop dedicated to repairing damaged pork swords might be fun and/or quaint.

Between this swinefellow factory and my IE gold vein, soon I'll have way more gold than I know what to do with. Maybe if I could figure out how to make golden scaffolding...

like this?

BoP for biomes and JourneyMap
heh, its indeed completely needed.
I might have, I worked a close up and did more detailed sections. Your advice really helped.

Your string "modid" is not publicly visible.

That might work in a pinch but for future usage, that's a pretty bad practice.

Ideally you should make a separate class to house your mod references, but you can put it in your main class for now.

>public static final String myModid= "malch";

Then in your @mod you reference (modid = myModid)
And in your other classes you you'd do (MorrowAlchemy.myModid) to refernce it.

I don't think I've asked here before, are there any monster hunter or megaman legends texturepacks/mods that are up to date?

I don't know why I didn't just make a reference class from the start desu, it seems a lot easier than what I was trying to do.

Yeah, that's how most modders end up doing it.

Its a pleasure to help someone plan a city, the inner neckbeard in me enjoys doing it.

For the Witches' Quarter, I would suggest that there be some kind of almost fortification in place separating that district from the rest of the city. Nothing too major, maybe a small wall, and a gate or somesuch, just to show the kind of division between the people and the witches. That said the Witches quarter would benefit from having a kind of college inside of it where people studying can stay, along with a few esoteric shops and buildings that are on the stranger side of things. You could, perhaps, try and align what's in the Witch quarter with what's in the city around it, as that will promote ease of movement throughout your city. So, closer to the Industrial sector of the city will be where more industrious parts of witchcraft reside, while towards the markets and inns there will be the same: restaurants and markets that sell the stranger kinds of goods you don't normally see anywhere else.

The industrial area will benefit from having a mine (I notice there's something like a fissure near the bottom-left of that box, which would work well for that), and a Lumber Mill, both well suited for the location.

Do you have any ready-made examples of the kinds of buildings you'll be using?

I would suggest trying to get a good idea what the footprint of the average building for each sector is like, because that will determine some of the layout for your town.

I think it would be really cool to add a few unique buildings to the town, like maybe a clocktower where the industrial, Market, and Witch sections meet up, a nice church or two, and windmills near the farming areas for decoration.

Ayy haven't modded in forever

Is everything still stuck on 1.7.10?
Do we have trains back yet?
Is there finally a biome mod that isn't shit?
are maids still fun

yes
no
no
we botes now

botes? tell me more

Will this silverwood grow? Without the torches of course.

Planning on making a Pixelmon server for me and a friend or 2 to play on. Any suggestions on additional mods or maps?

A Tinker's Defense update just came out earlier today, with a finalized version of its armor and a block that lets you customize the appearance of your tools so they look like Metallurgy's fancy stuff.

Now that you are saying, I might make the witchery thing a fortress full of nature, and I can make it more open by making the entrance a plaza or something were villagers can go and spend time with witches and might put an hospital, school and many things im there. But I will need to do it without ruining my altars power which would be hard.

Totally agree about the industrial, maybe make the lumbers more distant to the town and be hermits like dwarfs.
The fissure is a ravine which is right next to the water, so I need to clear the water in a medieval way, which I dont have it clear how..

On the style of building I havent done a build yet but I expect it to be really mossy variations of stonr (vanilla mossy blocks +chisel) in most parts with some dark woods as an accent (Pixel perfections oak, spruce and dark oak wood planks are all really dark brown.
I dont have time right now to keep but I was planning to make as an atractive place in the middle of the market a statue of a golem holding a clock looking like an oil lamp. Might draw it tomorrow.

I do need more windmillls and Im currently thinking of moving a few things to make the church or make the church in the farms.

IT'S ALIVE MUAHAHAHAHA

Although not without it's bugs

you guys are no fun

no wonder its ded general

There, much better with the Thaumcraft blocks around (too lazy to try figuring out what to do with the walls). I moved the future Automagy thing to the room on the right.

And apparently, I can't break warded glass set down by the wand from Helper Tools, but I can still use the wand again to swap it for other stuff so it isn't a huge problem.

You the alchemy dude?

The memes are real, boys.

Yup, currently frankensteining my way to a recolored potato.

Made a whole bunch of minecraft mobs with clay recently.

imgur.com/a/bPlso

/mcg/ what is your favourite texture pack? Mine is Pixel Perfection.

There's even a video about it :^)
youtube.com/watch?v=4ybclnpOyNs

These are really cute, nice work man

Asie thinks he can delete his tweets from me...

"KWEK!"

This one was inspired by lego's Black Monarch castle I had as a kid.

This whole time I've been the only guy to posess hardened clay and I didn't even know it had a fucking use somewhere other than landscaping.

i fucking hate log.zip

>here's a tutorial on how to make a thing
>oh by the way, I'm going to assume you know enough to not actually need a tutorial

2 months after I started it, phase one of my chemical storage facility is complete.

Fuck, I'm going to need tons of steel for this.

i see you

>need Centaurs for reasons
>look up mods with centaurs
>decide to try Grimoire of Gaia
>end up swarmed by pointless-ass monsters
>immediately remember why I quit using it so quickly the last time
I'm even in Creative Mode, they're just fucking annoying.

Default spawn rates for anything in GoG are ridiculous. Try lowering them to half or a quarter.

try lowering them to 0

Is it even possible to make a map of TFC world? I need it as picture for reasons. Cartograph_g refused to do anything with it and shot himself. MCAmap says this thing is too big for him to take and Mapcrafter barfs picrelated.

going to be without internet for a while. how would trainserb pack be for ssp?

Is this in Chunkworld V4?

Also whenever I try to open Chunkworld in 1.8.9 it just boots me to the titlescreen, what version is Chunkworld compatible with?

Thank you Noodlor, your designs are simply awesome to look at.

Melt them down either into thaumcraft aspects or some grindary/smeltery.

Why do most mod makers refuse to provide a content list of most of that their mod includes? I don't care if you somehow feel the need to spoiler your very endgame content, but your primary content needs to be well showcased.

>adds many new blocks and items :)
>the description ends there

Agreed. The whole point of modding is to play Minecraft with certain extra features. If we don't know what those features are, then why bother with the mod?

It's why I like it when mod makers have wiki's (or when they're part of modpacks that have wiki's). I can look through the blocks, mods, equipment, etc. and see if it's something that I'd like to play with, and if it fits the theme I'm going for in my game.

All of that coy "You'll just have to find out for yourself ;)" bullshit is not going to fly with me.

vanilla

I seem to be getting a memory leak.

[07:55:35] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Detected ongoing potential memory leak. 100 packets have leaked. Top offenders
[07:55:35] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML/]: DIPotionEffects : 99
[07:55:35] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML/]: RFToolsChannel : 1

Im assuming that is Damage Indicators Potion effects since I have no other mod with those initials. Anyone gotten this issue b4?

What version are you using? Because I've got an Apricorn tree mod in the works, but I'm building it on 1.10.