How much money would I have to invest in order to make ~1k usd/month in returns monthly?

How much money would I have to invest in order to make ~1k usd/month in returns monthly?

Google the following you stupid faggot:

1) what are interest rates?

2) why is risk and reward always proportional?

3)how do I know if I'm gay?

~$80,000

lot more if you want to keep up with inflation.

How do I do this? I've been looking at annuities and stocks and shit and I've never seen it this cheap. I'm a total newfag at investing tho

it takes about $500k in the investments to provide you a comfortable safe living (around $2k per month) halve that and you get the $1k should be around $250k.
$80k would only work so far, inflation would mess it up real bad if you withdrew $12k annually.

200k or so.

$300k to never dip into principal less if otherwise

Ok and what route would I take to do this? Just give my money to a stock broker?

3 doesn't even need googling
>I know I'm gay because I'm OP
there we go!

>Just give my money to a stock broker?
i wouldn't
with $250k you can basically invest in bonds and portfolios yourself. most recommend vanguard for example but the important thing is don't put more than 25% into one thing.

like you find 4 portfolios you like gaining 5-7% at least annually containing bonds and stocks also. and you buy them and reinvest part of the earnings and only withdraw what's left above inflation rates.

Lets do the math here. Enter green text
>I assume you mean $1,000 dollars per month net, which would be $12,000 net per year.
>If you're in the US and paying capital gains teax of 15%, that would mean you were grossing $13,800 a year (12,000 x 1.15)
>You can pretty easily find dividend stocks that pay out 4% per year.
>If you're looking for gross dividend gains at this rate use the formula (Principal x .04 = 13,800)
>The math works out to $345,000 principal.

I fucked up my math here.
>You would actually need to gross $14,118 a year to net $12,000 (Gross x .85 = net)
>So the carrying that forward, actual principal you would need is negligibly higher than my initial estimation, $352,925

Entirely depends on how much risk/reward you're willing to take on with the principle.

Why such a tiny ass amount of money?

Think big guy

Invest 10k in Monero and you'll have that for life.

>picture of wenches in burkas
>you'll have that for life.
possible that you will have to cover your face in shame

It all depends on what you'll do with the 5m

15% stable roi annually and that's not even accounting for inflation. yeah, right. any more snake oil you've got to sell?

>Just give my money to a stock broker?
Yeah, just give him like $400k. He'll handle everything.

invest in pimco funds. but be prepared to hold for a long time and through some volatility.

pfn would be a good one. 200k would be 1600 a month with that fund. but rising interest rates will cause it to go down. But you should be fine in the long run

Buy Gold/Silver

if its physical.. your money will stagnate

except that a finite supply with potentially infinite demand has uncharted value, good luck having phones and computers when I buy all the precious metals

>finite supply
kek the earth has a gold supply so abundant we would all choke in it if it was distributed on the surface. it would literally cover the earth surface about a meter high at least. and then there are the asteroids and the universe. infinite supply for infinite future demand. no problems.

my other investments has so far outperformed physical gold by a long shot.

The only thing good about gold is you wont lose money, assuming they go up in value to cover your transaction premiums

Like 2,000 with margin.

And taxes

at a rate of 1% a hundred grand 100,000

1% can barely cover for inflation.. might as well have your money get eaten by termites

Anything less will get eaten by inflation

some plans allow you to avoid taxes for a while
for example i could put my money into an account where i can buy and sell portfolios from and if i keep in my money for 5 years it's tax free. it has a fix fee which means it's really worth it in case of a larger sum where the fix fee is inconsequential.