/frugal/

Frugal thread

Share your tips and trick on how to be frugal

I will start:
>when you warm your sausages in a pot of war water you can take out the sausages and drink the water as soup
>one sausage will last a very long time that way

what's the difference between being frugal and being a miser?

When you poop, make sure to take out the corn that wasn't digested and re-eat it.

>buy all clothes and shoes from eBay. $200 wool slacks are $10 and $300 shoes are $50
>grains and legumes are the staple of your diet. Never eat at restaurants
>never go to the movies pirate all entertainment
>do not fall for Normie memes like festivals or events
>no cable only internet
>buy last model phone second hand for $150 off of eBay
>do not fall for the bus/bike meme time is money get a cheap car for $1500 the amount of time you will save is ludicrous
>never listen to others opinions about your money/style of living
>if you work a job constantly search for a new job that pays more/is a better fit never be loyal to a company they will show you no loyalty
>only own what you use unless you own land and can store belongings everything else sell or throw away baggage takes time and time is money
>invest heavily in overall health never go to the doctor unless absolutely necessary
>never "splurge" or "just have fun" always ends up being a meme
>avoid prolonged interaction with poors/wagies/cucks/numales/Normies/hedonists in general all they know is football and "sigh I'm broke again" hanging out with self depreciating wagies will cost you more in the long run
>learn skills that make you more useful IE. Ruby on rails instead of 15th century Japanese
>START A BUSINESS do it today!

Am I the only one who does this?!

I collect the corn, then ask my neighbor if I can use his microwave. Literally a free popcorn.

>Literally a free popcorn.
Literally free POOPcorn

Surprisingly good list

I would add

> find a good hobby that doesnt cost money to do

or makes you money

>never "splurge" or "just have fun" always ends up being a meme
Idk what just having fun means to me, but if I drop 100 dollars and throw a party for my friends that's been pretty consistently worth it. Same goes for nights out on the town. Just stay away from any bar with more than $3 wells.

>$3 wells
Where the fuck do you live?

Great list indeed.
You wrote down my way of life.
Good luck user!

Cut your toenails and chew on them. Free nutrients.

All good except biking

Biking is amazing. Free short-distance transport that doubles as exercise. I agree that buses suck ass but don't discount cycling my dude

I like to garden. Suprisingly good exercise, it feels nice being outdoors and working with nature, plus I get to eat the food that I grow. Seeds are less than $5 a pouch and I can get hundreds of dollars worth of food from them. I just save the seeds from the produce and I don't even have to buy seed pouches after a crop.

I also make my own compost with paper I shred, leaves I collect in the fall, and leftover kitchen food.

Frugality can get autistic at a certain point. Just realising that convenience and luxury provide a short thrill while sapping your wealth is a good mindset. You can buy the nicest dinner or coolest unnecessary gadget but you will literally feel the same waking up the next day as if you hadn't made the purchase. Difference being that you'll have less money and will thus have to work a shitty job for even longer. The effects of the hedonistic philosophy compound into what you see every day; debt slaves shackled to their awful jobs till they're old and ill.

The best purchase you can make with money is your own freedom my dudes. The freedom to spend time with loved ones, to be in good physical and mental health, and to create art will always trump the goodies on the consumerist hamster wheel.

DID YOU SAY DISCOUNT??

We have 3 dollar wells in some places. Usually between 4-6 dollars

Virginia Beach, VA

When I go number one I don't flush, the second time I flush. If you keep hydrated you don't have to worry about smelly piss or trashy toilet...

>buses suck

Depends on what routes you are taking

>when you warm your sausages in a pot of war water you can take out the sausages and drink the water as soup
>war water
WHAT THE RECK?

I was being frugal and saving the "w" for later

Get the fuck out of here.

A distant relative and his wife are the most frugal peopleI have ever heard of. They asked my uncle to do some work round their house, at one point a hot-water pipe was exposed, they told him to LEAVE IT EXPOSED because it would HEAT THE HOUSE EVER SO SLIGHTLY and save them money on heating!!!

He previously did work in their garage and several large black bin bags FULL of £20 notes, so they are rich as fuck. They're old as fuck though.
I wonder why they don't at least live comfortably for their final years after a whole life of pinching pennies, but who am I to judge

But you are goddamn right.
What is the use of money if not to be used anyway?

They have probably decided that it's their life's goal to leave as much money as possible to their children/ relatives and they are in oldschool mode where you don't gamble away your money on the stock market or even have the bank touch it and instead just save it in a piggy bank

Go to the m4m section on craigslist and offer to give bjs for free. Be sure to swallow that protein-rich man juice every time.

Swallowing a few loads every day can be a cheap and easy way to supplement your diet and nutritional needs.

Living near a rich area (Palm Beach), I was able to acquire a nice wardrobe on the cheap by visiting a secondhand store all the wealthy folks donate to in order to get rid of their recently deceased relative's shit/feel good about themselves.

Faggot

Frugality is about spending efficiently, misers are about not spending.

my life and experiences, good work

>Literally a free poopcorn.

Fixed.

> implement LEAN in your kitchen: only buy dry or frozen in bulk, otherwise only by what you need for a single day or two = never throwing out a bunch of rotten meat and veggies
> A cheap, mpg-friendly shitbox, is cheaper than public transport in the long run believe it or not. Biking is the cheapest, but not always practical. A moped is an excellent alternative, but life-frightening in winter.
> NEVER take any loan other than a mortgage
> NEVER get a credit card, only debit = same functions, but no temptations for stupid debt
> Being a weed addict is much cheaper than being an alcoholic, but you have a much harder time making sensible decisions
> All furniture should be bought secondhand or simply picked up from the street, only matresses are excempt from this rule
> Same goes for clothes, except for shoes (though nice ones can be found secondhand, just make sure you daily daily shoes are new and medium expensive from the beginning)
> Don't mortgage the biggest you can, go for around half what the bank recommends, thus you can easily afford it and also afford to pay it back in 10 years instead of 30, freeing up a LOT of money in the long run.
> Gym membership is a waste of money when you can do bodyweight excersizes or get a load of weights cheaply secondhand + running and biking. Sports is another thing, you cannot train without partners.
> For entertainment, plenty of music venues, museums, cultural institutions and art galleries have open house days for free or very cheap. Get drunk/high beforehand though if that is your thing, bring drinks and snacks, that shit is usually murderously expensive
> You don't need to order the primary vacation on a travel site, snoop around, travel outside seasons, you can save 80-90% by being thrifty and still get a week on a respectable hotel in a tourist trap with good weather/attractions
> Don't flush number 1's, except for the last one before bed so toilet doesn't stink in the morning, pee in the shower, keep showers short

more like..............POPCORN

.......................heh heh.......................................

4 packs of ramen per day, plus some cheese. Take multi-vitamins and drink lots of water for everything else.

This should lower your food spending amazingly.

Lose the car, get a bicycle. Those are good for up to 50 miles of riding per day, so most likely a bike is all you need.

Rent out any spare rooms you have available, or couch surf, or move in with mom.

Work a full-time job, don't spend money on drugs.

If you have time, add a part time job.

Invest, and also save your money.

I know it sounds extreme, but realistically if you bum around enough you can live on less than $500 a month. You can make whatever amount of money you make yearly and do this.

Ditch the ramen advice, it will cost you a shit ton in the long run from just having a shitty diet. Better advice is to make rice, beans, veggies and chicken in large batches, shit is cheap and healthy. Multi vitamins are a meme.
Gym membership is not a waste depending on what you use it for. IF you want to get swole, it is not a meme. if you want to stay healthy, it is.

Been eating ramen for 10 years and I can steadily ride my bicycle as much as I posted about.

Agree with you on the gym memberships, truly a benefit as long as theres a good pool, and shower. If you can do laundry there, even better.

>50 miles of bicycle riding a day

Had a hearty kek

You idiot, I've done 50 miles of bicycling in one day before in excellent shape, youre not going to have any energy left

It's a shame the Internet's gotten so popular that so many retards use it these days

50 miles is easy :^)

breh...I would ditch the ramen. Unless you're making like some kind of home made noodles instead of buying the 15cent packets at Walmart, which I heavily doubt, I would definitely ditch the ramen. AT LEAST go with some rice and beans man. Throwing in a bit of fresh veggies won't kill you either.

Sometimes I don't even cook them. I just crush them and eat them like chips.

Take the bones from left overs, throw them in a pot, add some broth, a potato. Baby, you’ve got a stew going.

One Internet for this man!

Soya sauce and rice is a cheap, long lasting meal

Many restaurants are willing to sell the leftovers at the end of the day for pennies

Make your own kneepads with cushions and rubber bands

Get the fuck out of here.

Never take furniture off the street, bedbugs are a nightmare that are becoming increasingly more common.

Wash your toilet paper and reuse it.

lol Carl Weathers

>when making Potatoes, save the skins. They can be cooked and added into your next meal.
>Meals like Goulash, Chili, Ham and Beans can stretch into several meals.
>Use power strips, only have what you are using powered.
>Buy second hand aside from underwear and mattresses.
>learn how to fix your own car. Half of all repair costs is just labor.
>Piggy back your car insurance with someone else (easier of you live with the person) and pay them the difference.
>Buy in bulk, get a deep freeze. I only buy meat once a year because I buy 1/2 a cow off my neighbor.
>Piracy is a victim-less crime.
>Bike when you can, drive only when you have to.

I'd honestly just rob them blind. It doesn't even matter if they're vaguely family.

Haven't bought clothes since I was a teen. The random stuff I get from my mother at christmas is more than good enough.

No vacations.

$50 phone, no smart phones or expensive tech other than my computer.

Replace my computer maybe once in a decade.

No hobbies that cost money unless it's investing.

Only games I buy are from humblebundle - with rare exceptions like Crusader Kings 2. (remember to set it so all money go to the dev and worthy charities, and nothing for humblebundle - these people are fags huffing feminism and black supremacism)

Own my own apt, pay about $500/month toward common upkeep stuff.

I still feel like I spend too much, especially on groceries. When I moved in here I bought new furniture which I now regret after seeing the fucking excellent things available off local craigslist type sites at a fraction of the cost -- or even free.

THIS is a great advice, let me tell you

> bedbugs

I sometimes forget that thirdworlders post here

Now I'm not in the know about these creatures, but do they also live on tables and shelves, or only in soft-fabrik furniture like sofas and matresses? And what about leather?

Also, is it not possible to kill them by isolating or cleaning the furniture?

Wow you really are the king of poorfags

This thread is depressing.

This frugality bullshit is all just to make yourself feel better for your own shortcomings. No point in living a miserable and uneventful life when Life is short.

Life has never been longer...

Get the fuck out of here

First of all every major US city is bedbug central especially NY

Second no if you get them you're fucked

That is all

gonna get some type of cancer from the chemicals in the inks in the paper he shreds in the compost he makes for the the vegetables that he eats

>VB

Well hello fellow user.

Don't forget roaches. Roaches lay eggs on furniture. That's not something I want to risk bringing into my place.

Also is right. Bedbugs are everywhere and are no joke. Patient came into the hospital my girlfriend was working at, didn't tell anyone they had bedbugs. CT tech saw one fall off the patient, killed it, and only then the patient said something. Apparently the radiology department went into full scale decontamination. They're not something to mess around with.

When family members die, don't tell anybody. Instead, bury them in the yard and keep collecting their Social Security cheques.

Also never bathe. That wastes water.

I've been sleeping with my daughter because dates are pretty expensive. Lately she is hounding me to get a new iPad mini for her. I feel like I'm back a square one. Anyway any good deals on an iPad mini?

>Veeky Forums
>in shape

Pick one gayrod

Scumbag alert. Makes sense you're on a Mexican Furby trading board

Eat your own seamen after masturbating to preserve nutrients

Ahoy there esophagus

>>grains and legumes are the staple of your diet. Never eat at restaurants
nigger what the fuck.

if you want to be a fat ass or skeleton then sure.

He's just intelligent user

>use couch surfing to /trv/
>go on dates and ask them to pay, you can get free meals this way
>walk around and ask the hobos what's good, they'll know the free handout programs in the area
>only rent an apartment during winter. spend spring, fall, and summer living in your car. you save 75% on rent this way
>if you get a carpeted apartment you don't need to buy a bed, the floor is soft enough and good for your back
>keep chickens as pets instead of a dog, and you can get free eggs AND free pest removal
>libraries give free water from fountains. Refill several reused containers to get free water.
>immigrants especially from asia and india are used to sleeping ten to a bedroom. find them and ask to rent floorspace in a shared room. you can get your rent down to 100-200 a month this way.
>(not even trolling on that last point, I checked out one indian programmer guy about it, but I got a gonna get raped feeling and passed. shame because it was a great deal.)

>>do not fall for the bus/bike meme time is money get a cheap car for $1500 the amount of time you will save is ludicrous

>skipping out on cycling gains

I bet your resting heart rate is 120 bpm. Take a gander at this fatass faggot.

I am doing this as I read this post

Where do you work?

But with gym membership, if your gym has a private shower. Use it, saved a lot on my water bills.

Lol do you live in Lake Worth?