Check out my idea I have for a revolutionary invention

Bros!!!!! Give me your honest input on what you think of my idea:

A compact and portable kitchen appliance that will specialize in heating tortilla chips to the flavorful restaurant-style warmth.

The device would be an upright tube with a heated bottom. The consumer would open the lid, pour the chips inside, and press a single on/off button to activate the heated coils as well as a fan underneath them. The fan would blow wind underneath the heated coils, in turn blowing hot hair to warm the chips atop. Once the set heat temperature is reached, the temperature will drop to a very subtle low-baking temperature - this will allow the consumer to leisurely pick up the chips at a relaxed pace, rather than immediately grabbing them upon being heated. There'll be a fixed automatic shut-off timer to avoid hazard.

Ovens, toaster ovens, and microwaves all exist, however seemingly nobody casually uses these for a quick tortilla chip fry-up as it involves more trial-and-error, a potential mess that follows, or heating up the room in case of the oven. My device however will neatly heat up tortilla chips to a perfected set time with no effort.

Hundreds of millions of people worldwide buy tortilla chips, so the potential for the device being a hit for dinners, side snacks, workplace break rooms, parties, get-togethers, is absolutely there.

I'm stealing this, on the phone with my patent lawyer now. Thanks sucker

It's not the dumbest thing I have heard of. If its cheap enough I could imagine people buying it but I doubt it would be a super hot item. If done well enough I could see that being worth your time to manufacture and sell but I wouldn't expect amazing profits.

Yeeeah, sorry op i'm taking this

10/10. Buy some thrift store toaster and some pc fans and get on youtube for electronics op.

Please dont burn your parents house down.

Good luck.

Fuck, i'll buy one op. Would fit right in the as seen on tv isle at walmart. Get a patent attorney and some nondisclosures. Build or buy a prototyoe and call sharktank

handful of sales at best, unless you made it into a system
free ideas:
reshape a food processor to accept various veggies which would make salsa - but the workings so it seems like magic.
also, a part of the contraption could accept a block of cheese and shred it/shred and melt. (use excess heat from chip warmer)
add a tray for chili warming too.
get branding from WB and call it speedy gonzales and have the cartoon character on the label.
all in one unit like this would easily sell 1 mil on QVC/direct web

is this Riley?

my wife bought a fucking fondue pot that we used all of once.

so yeah, there are probably suckers that will buy this out of impulse

You're probably trolling, but I hate this meme, so, for what it's worth -

>assuming a patent is defensible.

...one of Guy Kawasaki's 'Top 10 Mistakes of entrepreneurs'

Patent lawyers will tell you that you own the idea, while they're consulting with you at $100+ per hour.

Then, if you want to sue, perhaps the same lawyer will tell you that you have a case, while they are consulting you, at $100 per hour.

Lawyers win, even if they lose.
They have massive upside potential.

You don't, especially when OP screencaps this and countersues.

It’s possible it's public domain now though, but it's still a race to the finish - a finished product.

Protip - as Guy says, the judge is much more likely to side with who actually makes more progress, not just paperwork, but who has more skin in the game, who makes a product, ships it, etc

Judges don't have time for theoretical products.
Oh, you had an idea?
Who cares - you need to show your working.

I have an idea - it's a pill that helps you live forever. I guess it manipulates your DNA. There. I own that idea forever.

That mentality is pre-21st century, when product development took years, even decades.
You can phone China today, and they'll have a prototype for you next week.

If the plaintiffs exhibit A is a piece of paper, and the defendants exhibit A is an actual prototype, or even better, an item currently on sale - literally an actual, physical chip warmer, who do you think they will side with?

What you have here is essentially a modified popcorn popper, so in addition to the other ideas it should be able to do that, too.

change the design so it looks like/is a bowl with a detatchable lid

>put chips in bowl
>lid for faster warming/storage
>device works the same as you described in OP
>bowl "blows hot air around" to heat chips actively while you munch on them
>never eat luke warm, cold, or room temperature chips again

just make sure the fan is silent as possible so it doesnt annoy the piss out of people. Also make it dishwasher friendly. Also add mountable side bowls to hold your queso and salsa

bonus points if you can make the underside warm at the push of a button, that way you can have a nice comfy lap warmer while sitting on couch wtching tv and eating chips

now add a mechanical self-moving fleshlight design to it for even more bonus points

pretty sure in order to file patents you have to have blueprints laid out for the creation of product

that design gets patented, and thus others cannot use it. That does not however stop them from making the same thing in a different way.

>now add a mechanical self-moving fleshlight design to it for even more bonus points

just like any phone now has wifi, this should be the premier mod/addon of any market worthy product.

fuck off, riley.

This is a cool idea. Pursue it op. Best of luck to you!

Zozzle!! This meme just gets better with time.

Actually, yeah, my example was a little spurious. I guess a methodology or formula for my miracle pill would be needed.

And yes, blueprints, or a product specification would be needed.

But as you've said, the patent would lie heavily with the specific design.

>the responses in this thread

Guys, this is a Veeky Forums copypasta. Probably the the best one. How the fuck did you take this seriously?

Middle America bought a singing plastic bass fish in droves

OP's idea could sell millions if marketed right.

Probably sell the patent to a company and hope for a stake in the profits somehow

This copy pasta gets me every time.

Didn't read your whole post, but from what I understand it is a tortilla chip warmer.
Pretty niche if you ask me.

Maybe if you're mexican, you'll buy it, but then again, mexicans have no money.

Not so sure it's gold or "revolutionary", or if I would buy it, but I respect you for trying.
Shit, I don't know, see if you can sell it.

Came here to post this.

>how the fuck do you take this seriously

Have you read 80% of the threads here?
There's maybe 5 decent threads a day,
The rest is 'hey guys, what if I...'

>business & finance
There’s a thread about hunting for treasure with a metal detector.
This ain't exactly Forbes.

Yeah, I took it seriously.

How do you spot the richest guy in the room?

You propose a crazy idea.

Most will laugh, the rich guy doesn't - he asks you how you're gonna do it.

Sounds stupid?

'I'm going to draw some little cats and make millions'

Everybody laughs.

The guy who pays attention and doesn’t laugh?
Who asks for more details?
Who goes in on that idea?

Owns a share of Hello Kitty, an asset valued at over $1 Billion

Omg wtf I remember this. You were the same person who went on /ic/ to ask for help to get some concept drawings done a few years ago. I think i even did a few sketches for you, you still have them?

Cuz that's exactly how hello kitty was pitched

you're mistaken.

most mexicans -in mexico- have no money.

most immigrant mexicans that come to the US and work construction jobs (not the new guy lowest on the totem pole, but the guy running his crew after being in the construction business for 15-20 years) has bank

>>bowl "blows hot air around" to heat chips actively while you munch on them
>salt blown into your eyes every time you eat a chip

Y'all must be shitting me, newfags here... Attention I've read the exact same business proposal before ..... What the fuck? Go to a Mexican "POLLO REGIO" and look at the chips ... They're under a fucking heat lamp to keep the restaurant warm duck you and your idea OP.