I'm renting out a property, has anyone had experience doing this? How do I weed out the lowlifes?

I'm renting out a property, has anyone had experience doing this? How do I weed out the lowlifes?

Put up a sign that says "NO LOWLIFES"

charge high rent. only people who can afford it will contact you

buy an ad on 4chew

get a property manager. i'm fucking serious. managing your own property is like doing your own drywall. anyone can do it, but you really don't want to.

How much will I have to pay them? I have just one property.

Cock taste screening

>How do I weed out the lowlifes?

Long time landlord here. From my experience the best renters are:

1) Women tend to be cleaner
2) Asians tend to be anally protective of their appartments for fear of losing deposit
3) Do not rent to blacks. I cannot stress this enough. You are more likely to be sued by blacks than any other race. Do not engage them, period.

All it takes is one lawsuit to take lose your property and be put in a pretty big hole.

There was a good thread on this a long time ago, some guy who was really good at screening. He said basically that the right tenants are the difference between very profitable and very costly.

Can't remember much of what his process was, if he ever mentioned it precicely, but I think it was at least to avoid section 10 tenants, or something like that? Stupid, poor people on welfare that will absolutely fuck up your house and pour cement in every drain before they leave (because you have to thow them out, because they don't fucking pay rent).

Two words: "Credit Check"

Lawsuit? Lose your property?

Fucking how?

>Can't remember much of what his process was, if he ever mentioned it precicely, but I think it was at least to avoid section 10 tenants, or something like that? Stupid, poor people on welfare that will absolutely fuck up your house and pour cement in every drain before they leave (because you have to thow them out, because they don't fucking pay rent).

Black renters will try lawsuits as a common tactic to squat in your house.

And courts will take any "racial discrimination" case and basically put you through the ringer for years in court while the Nigger gets to live in your condo for free.

I've lived this. It is hell.

>Lawsuit? Lose your property?

No. Just tied up in court for a year and a half while the black guy lived in my codo for free.

I eventually won because the guy has a history of late payments and admitted to asking me for delays on several occasions...

Still took the courts a year and a half to make that fucking basic decision while I lost out on a year and a half's worth of rent... all while still paying off the condo.

Shit, this goes into the things of which I do not understand.

On what grounds does he file a lawsuit? That you're booting him for not paying rent? Isn't that in the contract?

And if you win, you should obviously be repaid the lost rent from when he lived there for free

can confirm.

I airbnb my spare room and for the few blacks that have stayed. They are the worst, they have no respect or the basic courtesy of using another person's property. They can not comprehend why you would be mad at them for fucking up your property, hood niggers have no concept of what is going on.

side note: I had to rent an apartment when I was in the military in the black part of Killeen TX. The day I moved out the landlord told me I was the first person he ever gave a deposit back to and was shocked that it was clean and not destroyed.

Asians are alright but they usually don't get along with other tenants. They are disgusting, don't follow common live together rules and their food stinks like hell.

Point 3 agreed.

I like students backed with parents, ask for credit check and you should be good.

Asians are a disgusting race. I lived with a Mongolian woman and after one week she had her two younger sisters move in. They didn't speak English. They spent all day in their pyjamas. When the postman came they would stand by the door staring at him through the keyhole. They took three showers a day for like 30 minutes each time. Absolute scum. If I could have my way every non-white race would be killed, including mudbloods and half-breeds. If I had to conduct house-to-house searches to root them out and hang them from the streetlights I would do so gladly and with unwavering enthusiasm,

How will this work if everyone else in the area is charging lower rent though?

How do you screen out niggers?
Credit checks?

I've had some pretty shitty experiences with college student tenants, but they've all been white females so far.

Set high rent (for the area)
Take a three month rent deposit
Take a three month advance payment
Spend 5000$ renovating the place so you easier attract those with more money
Older people take better care of things
Minorities are more likely to fuck shit up

>what they call "discrimination" is literally best practice for landlords

I've heard that the only way to keep blacks out, without losing a discrimination suit, is credit checks. And you HAVE to apply to same standards to every single applicant; it just so happens that most black people have credit scores well below 680-700.

>Take a three month rent deposit
>Take a three month advance payment

lol how do you expect tenants to fall for this?

Pretty standard when renting to people from outside the UK. Might be tough otherwise, especially 3 months deposit is probably too much.

>I like students backed with parents

Fucking this 100%. They are by far the best people to rent to. As a rule I don't haggle over rent, but I would do this if I was dealing with a parent looking to rent a spot for their kid who is in university, it's well worth it in the long run.

Don't necessarily be afraid of minorities. But only if they are students. Foreign graduate students in particular are excellent tenants in my experience.

I talked to a OPP district chief who also rents a couple properties, he is usually good reading people but he has a checklist he gives potential tenants to fill out and they have to provide references which are verifiable employers or people who are respected in the community.

>And if you win, you should obviously be repaid the lost rent from when he lived there for free

Nope. My 'win' eventually came at the hands of arbitration since the court case was dragging for a year with no action.

The case was dropped, and the black guy just simply moved out cause he couldn't squat anymore.

I lost a year and a half of rent, legal fees, and countless sleepless nights of pure rage.

usually a percentage of the gross rental income. Anything from 1-5%

I had a Asian roommate when I lived in the property and can sort of agree. He was respectful and quiet which I liked, but he wore his sandals everywhere including the shower (fucking streaks in the shower that I had to scrub out with bleach every week), he slurped his food which I could hear from across the condo, he cooked weird greasy smelly fish and other unidentified food which was almost impossible to clear out of the house especially in winter. I will say this though, he was usually good about rent, I would have to ask him for it, but most of the time he would give me 2 months in advance.

Considering the area I rent, its semi rural Ontario, It would be too costly. The place pretty much pays for itself and then some. I would charge $1000 a month for rent. I'm a big guy (for u) and can be very intimidating if I have to be. I'm also friends with contractors and my brother is a plumber.

Lot of good advice in this thread.

Here in NJ I've always paid the first month's rent and 1.5 month security deposit when moving in.

This is true. I rented a room based on a very low rent and I was a shitty tenant. Ten years later, I lived at a place that was fabulous (for London) with four other tenants, who also behaved like little brats and shit all over the landlord. Their lease was cancelled shortly after I left as planned.

I think people in general tend to shit over you if you try to be nice with them in any business situation. They cannot fathom that being nice when it's about money can mean something other than weakness.

I've had a couple people respond with what they do for a living with "I receive ODSP (disability payments)" I immediately delete their email and don't respond to them. I feel bad for them but I don't want some slug sitting around smoking or drinking all fucking day stinking up the place. Muh guaranteed income, fuck off.

this

Here's what happens. The guy stops paying rent and when you go to kick him out, he states that he hasn't been paying rent because the apartment hasn't been taken care of by you, the landlord. The renter will them fuck something up like one of the sinks, or wiring. He'll sue you based on your eviction notice. A court date will show up, and he'll delay it as much as he can (this can be delayed for up to a year). Then he'll drag out the court proceedings for as long as possible. This means he hasn't been paying rent for 18 months. He'll never win the lawsuit, but it ties things up for a long time.

This guy gets it.

There is something seriously wrong with American blacks that they just do this shit and justify it by thinking "its ok to commit crimes, because whites are racist."

I've been a pretty good owner to the black guy, even allowing rent to be late on some months...

then, basically, the guy lost his job, stopped paying rent, and sued me for "not maintaining the apartment" due to racism, which was complete bullshit.

if this threads racism was a security price, this post is an example of a stochastic resistance pop

When you run a business you become a bit racist. Something liberals will never understand.

credit check

verified employment

avoid fair housing traps
(black and brown people)

does anyone know how fags get away with only renting to other fags?

I live in Australia in a city with a low population of blacks (Aborigines) but instead we have a really high population of Indians, and they do this so badly.

I used to work for a property management firm and some Indians absolutely wrecked this one place and caused thousands upon thousands of damage to the landlord through lack of care e.g. they flooded the place, caused fires etc.

Not only did they not have to pay a cent they got their entire deposit back as they cried 'racism' and said the damage was caused through their culture and thus was completely okay. Fucking magistrate sided with them.

I'm now a landlord. Indians and students are on my blacklist.

Before you get involved in the landlording business you need to study the living fuck out of the residential tenancies laws in your jurisdiction, as well as the ones in neighboring jurisdictions. I am Canadian and I know that the laws vary widely between provinces. I own property in a province where the law is on the side of the landlord. I would not be in this business if I were in, say, Ontario, where the law heavily favors the tenant. That is how you end up in a situation where some dickhead lives in your house rent-free for months while dragging you through frivolous legal action. Read and understand the law, if it doesn't work in your favor you should invest your money in something else.

do not fall into sob stories. If they want to try and explain something like it is their exs fault or their last landlords fault, im pretty sure it was their fault

6 years of being a landlord here 3 propertys. multiple tenants

I use rentprep to do background checks, they are usually pretty fast.

>I'm now a landlord.

Well now you're on a lot of people's blacklists.

>students
Why blacklist students? They're almost always backed by mommy and daddy.

Oops I offended you by having a blacklist of people I won't rent to? Maybe you'll make it some day with your Bitcoin stock :^)

I thought so too. Students were the first we rented to (one of the houses I own is jointly owned with my sister) However this was the result:

>they held frequent parties, their friends damage the house
>as they work and study they don't have lots of time to maintain the house
>they're generally clueless about life as it's their first time of living out of home. For example one tenant left an opened but nearly full beer keg in a cupboard for months as he didn't know it would eventually explode, and it did serious damage to the kitchen

On the upside however the ones backed by mummy and daddy (not all of them are) do always pay rent on time, and they're easy to evict because they don't know the proper law.

But why didn't you fuck them?