From Memes to Dreams

Hey Veeky Forums I'm about to turn 20 and I've realized after listening to everyone else my entire life I've ended up $23,000 in debt, no college education completed, nothing to show for it. Of course all my own fault.

I got 10 free trades in a TD Ameritrade account and $1000 coming in next week.

Shorting companies betting on their downfall and buying at dirt low prices is the plan, with extremely limited diversity hell I might bank the first few trades all on one to three companies. So my motto is "memes to dreams" because I've been cancerously shitposting since 2009.

Also general poor people investment thread. Any advice appreciated. Wish me luck.

>$23k in debt by the time you're 20

It's like you're a much more miserable version of me

>no college
>$6500 in debt
>about to be 23

Not to mention my current living situation is dependent on my father who is an uber driver, he supports seven people including me, we live rent free in a one bedroom apartment.

I actually just ran out of money for food. And laundry. I'll be washing my clothes tomorrow in the sink. I think I have some meal substitutes around.

See Im not even upset about this Im excited I get to trade and have a chance to make an educated guess.

Borrow as much money as you can and put it in Zcash
Don't let your memes be dreams

Go apply for a shitty union job in construction or something, you're just going to hit rock bottom when you waste what little money you have gambling on stocks.

My bad, narcissist blog post.

How did you end up like that m8? Got a plan in place?

I used to be a carpenters helper, I got diagnosed bipolar, then I hurt my back (Spondylosis) on the job.

I got memed. In the ass.

user I really dont want to get sodomized I'm already researching stocks, with the virtual traders Ive had minimal losses using my strategy. Ill look into it though.

Some people think of the investing as some kind of high-brow gambling. These people are usually too stupid to survive in modern society. Just let the poor kid have a sliver of hope before the reality of his current situation hits him. He's never gonna be worth anything, but at least he'll have a moment of happiness.

Actually, a hooker and some blow would be a better investment. At least he'll be networking.

Go buy a suit and get some fake letters of reference with a some disconnected phone numbers (check first). Then go get a job. You will only be digging a deeper hole if you keep this up.

n-no :^)

I ended up like this because I went to college just to go, and flunked out when I got to a real uni.

No solid plan at the moment, I'll probably end up killing myself. I had this idealized image of myself as a software engineer making $100k starting and when I realized I didn't really want to do that or go to school, everything went to shit and now I'm a NEET.

You don't have to be me, though.

You sound like an older version of me, literally.

Well then.

Any advice? Since I've fallen for the Uni meme and flunked? Potential jobs? I might be a security guard, nights.

Manual labor if you want to make more than jack shit.

I consider myself to be pretty charismatic and I know a good deal about tech, so I've considered looking into working at a phone store or an IT wholesaler like CDW where I can make commission.

You could try trade school, since you said you were a carpenter's assistant. Good money in electricianary or plumbing.

how about you use that 1000$ to feed yourself? and apply for literally any job right now as anything is greater than $0/hr right now

I appreciate the advice and practical suggestions, but I hurt my back I mentioned it in a previous post. A vertebrae moved into my body cavity. It hurts but I can manage it, problem is I can't do manual labor.

I have experience working with registrars in the ER and even lab experience, but they want the degree too, which I dont have.

where do you live? US?

Near NYC, yes.

yeah i would say first prior should b ur back shit

Apply for disability, try looking for an entry level help desk job. You may need to drop another $400 or so on taking IT cert exams, but it's an "easy" route.

Rin is the worst girl, Lilly a best.

Yeah but medicaid can only cover so much.

Got it. Thanks user. Also

die. Die in an eternal hell fire and lake of sulfur for having such SHIT taste.

/rinbesstgirl2k16

i fucking hate you stupid trip avatarweeb scum die

p-pls no bully

I like your attitude. I'd be much more drug addicted and alcoholic if I had your back injury.

With that said, you should be more ready to take our advice. If your way worked so well, why are you here asking for advice? We're telling you this because we're older than you, we have perhaps made similar mistakes, and we now have more wisdom and would make better decisions if we were 20 again. Of course we can never be 20 again, and it's completely expected you will not listen to advice just as we didn't in our 20's.

There is probably ~1/10,000 chance you will make significant money from this plan some day. Getting a job is maybe 1/10 chance of making good money some day. I understand your back sucks, but there are jobs that could work for you. I love the other anons idea about IT. Get linux/microsoft/cisco/shit tier comptia certified and get a help desk job. You could make 30k/year and do your investing bit at the same time.

I hope you make it bro. Good luck and keep that positive attitude.

Thank you for the support and advice, seems like the most grounded I've heard in a while and I'll probably take it.

I'm already looking into certs and going back to building rigs for people, used to make cash on the side like that, repairs too.

Thank you user, I sincerely appreciate it.

From own EXP you are much better off saving this money for bus fares/gas/clothes to go to job interviews. Trying to hit it big will end up in you losing $1000 and being even more miserable 100% of the time. If for some reason you can not work try to educate yourself via the internet. If you need a book try to rent it in the library instead of buying. Only start a course if you a 100% sure you are going to finish it, you are not getting ripped off pricewise and that it will you help you in your career instead of getting into even more debt. Good luck.

You sound pretty young to have back arthritis. Are you sure it's that and not a muscle problem?

Got it, thank you. I already hit up the library, invaluable resource, books are too expensive to buy for me right now.

Diagnosed multiple times by three different doctors, the only explanation is its genetic. Two years of physical therapy to build up my back muscles. Now I look like a wall of muscle with stubby arms and thick legs from the back.