/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Downgrade from 11.1 possible thanks to new exploits that are going to be released in the following months. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe only for RedNAND/a9lh users.
-Unbanning is possible by replacing LocalFriendCodeSeed_B gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-Preview version of hexFW released.
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/

>Vita
-Adrenaline released. gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.titlekeys.com/?
twitter.com/RichDevX/status/800151245596065792
nintendo.com/games/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-3d-3ds
plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM/releases/tag/3.1.0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Pokemon questions and shitposting to go to

>wii u will never be relevant

How do i learn about system vunderabilities and hacking stuff?

Google

>get told leaked Pokemon Moon CIA is prone to getting banned because apparently Nintendo can detect illegitimate dumps
>download retail CIA
>literally the same ID and version number
Fuck off.

Any bypass for 022 ban yet that doesn't require another 3ds?

Can I download a PSP game or demo through my PS3 and then use it for my Vita for the Adrenaline exploit?

How much could I get for a used black O3DS that's still in pretty good condition, has a 64 gig SD card included with some games already installed along with a9lh and all that stuff on it? It's kinda pointless to have if I have a N3DS now.

Can we run Wii Isos on the Wii U yet?

system version? Ill pay $600 if 1.0.0 or $20 if other

You've been able to since 2012.

I think games being so easily downloaded for it warrant at least a replay of Deus Ex Human Revolution and other stuff that it has.

Wii U has good games, just not so many of them. Funny enough I have no real reason to wait for CFW with the Brazilian installs even.

Yes, but only some that download to PS3 will copy to Vita

I recommend Echochrome demo

11.2.0-35E. Probably should've specified that I'm in Europe.

how do I install this?
with FBI as usual? do I have to do something within swapdoodle at all to activate the DLCs ?

kys

I put the undub person of SMTIV: Apocalypse on my 3DS and I managed to get the USA DLC working using Luma Locale Switcher. No matter how hard I try, I can't get the game to recognise my SMTIV save data so that I can get bonus items. Does anyone have any recommendations? I tried switching to different combinations of regions (both being the same of course), but would the USA DLC be interfering with the process?

I got Monster Hunter Freedom Unite already on my PS3 hard drive, think that will do?

Ok, first time using freeshop.
I can't find Pokemon Moon even after scanning the QR code to update, so I guess I have to do it manually, but how? FBI and the QR code in 3ds.titlekeys.com/?

>buttmad banfags

it would work. any psp game will do. but it's best to use a small demo. don't want the psp game taking up precious space on your mem card.

Why does BootNTR fail to start suddenly? It was working fine a few weeks ago.

Something about an unknown FIRM, followed by some adresses and finally the message "current firmware not supported"

It'll do, but it's also a big game. Maybe you want something smaller, unless you plan on playing MonHun a lot.

Ah I see, thanks.

You can still spoof PSN access with the regular HENkaku to get a PSP demo or a Mini.

As for TaiHEN, it's what gives you access to Adrenaline and also allows you to use Amphetamin on original titles. It's loading success rate is lower than regular HENkaku, but otherwise it works just fine.

Not all of them work. I have Strikers 1945, a 30MB title, and it fails to load Adrenalin with the code C1-2858-3. I'm currently using Alien Zombie Death, a 9MB Mini.

NIGGERMONS!!!

This . Don't forget that you will have to keep this game on your card to be able to access Adrenalin.

>Downgrade from 11.1 possible thanks to new exploits that are going to be released in the following months. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop
>following months
Fuck. But ctr-httpwn doesn't work with Pokemon, right? Or at the very least it doesn't work with Smash and Pokemon is supposed to do the same stuff.
Am I stuck in an "either don't play online or don't go CWF" situation?

Once PS4 homebrew hits the scene, what are the odds that we can pirate PS1, PS2, and most importantly, PS3 games on the PS4?

Daily reminder that 128GB via vita sd card adapter is Soon(tm).
twitter.com/RichDevX/status/800151245596065792

>PS3 games
L O L

On a n3ds, whats the point exactly of bootntr selector? Surely I just want to use 3.4preview2 regardless?
Does 3,2 have better debugger support or something?

"Richard L @RichDevX Sep 11
Just a reminder, the board is NOT a microSD adapter, it is simply a tool used to interface with the mem card and the card's host controller."

Idiot.

>PS3
Never.

>PS1
Someone has to develop an emulator for it

>PS2
We will have to see how those PS2 ports were done and if it can be adapted to other games.

How many blocks is Xenoblade Chronicles? Will a 64 gb SD be enough space along with the rest of my library?

Try user. I'm using httpwn and can access eshop and shit on 11.0 there shouldn't be any difference between moon/sun providing you're on a n3ds. (probably won't work on o3ds since it uses extended memory or whatever but you shouldn't have an 11.0 o3ds at this point.)

Do you think nintendo will start banning people with the same LocalFriendCodeSeed_B

That's the old post. Check the replies to that tweet, he's already most of the way to a working adapter, just needs to iron out some kinks.

>Will a 64 gb SD be enough space along with the rest of my library?
>along with the rest of my library
How are we supposed to know?

i don't know. it's possible. i honestly don't think they will tho. but we just have to wait and see.

Anybody who owns an old 3ds having trouble with pokemon sun and moon? Specifically being able to close and open the game?

Alright, I worded that wrongly. Can someone just tell me the blocks, then?

PCSX Reloaded.

If I use my irl friends' friendcodeseed to unban my 3ds what would be the consequences?

Even then I think this adapter is PSTV exclusive, I can't see how it would fit inside handheld Vita without bulging out.

nobody knows

nintendo.com/games/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-3d-3ds

That might have the information you're looking for.

How about game cart slot? Or sony's proprietary hdmi port on fat vitas?

>Order 3.57 Vita from Ebay
>Tell the seller to not update it
>He formats the device to get rid of his sons hentai pictures and updates it by mistake
>is now on 3.60
holy fuck almost died there

Why does the OP say safe firmware for 3ds is 9.2 while the wiki says Sky3DS supports all firmware versions?

Sky3DS is shit and you don't want to use it if you can avoid it

What are you, a dumb nigger who collects government money and doesn't cut his nails with a numb brain?
Read his recent posts faggot.

I'm on an o3DS

Sorry for what is essentially a spoonfeeding request, I've helped out in the past with 3DS stuff.

So I'm going to Japan soon and I was waiting until I came back with a memory card to start the modding process. I was going to use a physical copy of Odin Sphere to update to 3.60 then use Henkaku from there. But how does Adrenaline fit into all this? It sounds like I'll need to download something from the store, but won't that take me to 3.61?

As far as I can tell, this adapter is only for the vita memory card slot.

I'm actually looking to hack my friend's 3ds, which he has yet to buy.
I am using gateway myself, for about a year, and I am wondering if there are any better methods available now?
What is the best method?

How are there even 11.0-11.1 o3ds's now? Do they even make new ones? You didn't update, did you?

Cards like Gateway and Sky3DS are overpriced and outdated, people use CFW software exploits now if your 3DS is below a certain firmware. Read the OP.

CFW is as good as if not superior to Gateway.

11.0-11.2 firmwares cannot be hacked by themselves, but a hacked system transfer from a console that is already hacked will allow you to hack the newer console. So, you can help your friend through that no matter what console he buys.

Refer to Plailect's guide for a9lh+Luma in OP for the most modern CFW setup.

>mfw micro sd just got here, i ripped it out of the box, formatted it and now it's time to get menuhax

>Never.
b-but PeeShit4 Pro is as strong as a PC and PC already has a PS3 emulator... !!!

Where in America can I buy a regular New 3DS and is it on a low firmware to hack? I have a hacked N3DSXL but I wanted the smaller one

I was retarded and did, yeah. I urgently needed to access the eShop because either I couldn't or was too retarded to figure out how to circumvent the firmware requirement.
I think the firmware I was on at the time couldn't be downgraded yet, if that excuses my retardation.

And there I am again. At this point i think my only option will be to save up for a N3DS.

>menuhax
is it still 2015?

The PS3 emulator shits all over most PCs in the market, including those that have PS4 Pro's specs, and that's with Vulkan and DX12.

We don't even know if the PS4 supports Vulkan.

Buy a regular one anyway, if it's on a lower firmware, downgrade it. If not, just do the DSiWare downgrade via system transfer, takes minutes.

Not everyone has unlimited data plan.

>third worlders

user please, as long as it gives me a homebrew entry point I don't care whether it's outdated or not.

providing you're on 11.0 or 11.1 you can use oothax or anything similar to access httpwn and then gain access to the eshop however on o3ds moon/sun are a no go for httpwn probably again due to extended memory use mode. Sorry user, if you update to 11.2 though no cfw basically unless you're lucky with a n3ds and manage to get one on 10.7, downgrade it and put hax on that then you can systransfer downgrade the o3ds but o3ds's are trash compared to n3ds anyways.

That's actually more like USA my friend

Well, duh? If I'm a first worlder I won't be a pirate in the first place.

But there's virtually no reason not to switch over to a9lhax, especially for n3DS since it no longer requires downgrading.

I'm getting a9lh right after I can get into homebrew, though. Doing Plailects guide right afterwards.

I, for one, enjoy bricking my consoles even though I'm a first-worlder

Oh, well then best of luck going through it all successfully.

Just start with Plailects guide, it makes things a million times easier.

Just do it.
Seriously, do it.

>having bad internet
Change providers.

At the time I didn't know about ctr-httpwn. It has been nice for a few months, but now this happens.

Since there isn't all that much I want to do with a CFW in the near future, I'll just update and wait until I can get a N3DS for the rest.
I bet the downgrade method will be finished way ahead of time just a couple days after I update. So watch out for next weekend!

Is freeShop broken? Mine keeps stuck in "installing freeshop 2.1.3 ..."

>just change providers bro
implying there is any competition out here and we aren't ruled by a ISP monopoly

I'm a first worlder NEET that gets autismbux and lives at home with my grandma. I can afford these things, I'd just rather spend money on other hobbies and funding my future.

>bricking
are you literal retard tier? How do you even brick a console now? even back in January/december it was nearly impossible. The fuck?

Nvm got it working.

Seems like an unfortunate situation but I guess that's the price of not living in cities. Download cias from 3dsiso then instead.

calm down, I was just joking

I've never bricked my consoles

Thank you!

Is this DSiWare method a new one? Can it be used on 11.0+?

>implying you can in California
Shit's literally run like the mob.

It's not new, it can hack whatever version as of now, you just need another hacked 3DS and 5 bucks to buy a game on eshop.

plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
If you don't have a 2nd already hacked 3ds wait for slowhax after buying fieldrunners
>living in commiefornia
Don't know what to tell you user. Use cias manually instead then.

Question
Can I pirate pokebank too?
sure, it's $5 but...

No, but there's a homebrew alternative.
github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM/releases/tag/3.1.0
Also

You can't pirate pokebank per se, but you can get phbank, which is a homebrew pokebank.

Also Jesus Christ, you stingy bastard

Not him, but $5 can buy me one day worth of meal here.

Any recommended Vita accessories I should get? How comfy are those grip attachments?

We all know that shit is WAY overpriced.

why can't i inject into h&s on al9h?

>tfw no alternative way to store pokemon online besides the official Pokebank

Don't you have to have an official account as well? Is it possible to get banned if you stored hex edited/genned pokemon on the official bank?